100+ Dolphins Boiled to Death in Lake

220px-Illustrated_Wildlife_Treasury_Cards.jpg

The fuck y’all doing not knowing about river dolphins, got that knowledge from way back.

Wow, you just gave me a serious blast from the past.

I had a set of animal catalogue cards just like that. Wonder if I still have em somewhere with my boxed up childhood shit. Gonna have to check later.

Dude you cracked me up.

I saw river dolphins in the mekong river once and when I came back home from my trip, one of my friends argued with me that dolphins only live in the ocean and that I didn't see anything of the sort. I told her I did. I also took videos. She said that they must've put them there for the tourists. I couldn't believe that someone would say something so stupid. She would be the kind of person who would "save" a tortoise by throwing it in a lake.

Just fyi, there are several species of fresh water dolphin all over the world.

<36> <Prem973>

lakes are not meant to do that. when the lake did that, that was wrong.

LOL
All one should have to do is see that this is a Yahoo article to know its all clickbait. 109 degrees F in the late summer is normal for lakes in hot areas, like Brazil. What they call "normal" temp is the average throughout the year, so summer temps are always much higher. And that's the surface temp, which is MUCH hotter than the water temp just a foot or two down in the water. Hell, here in Ohio surface temps in summer are in the mid to upper 90s. And we're no where near as hot as Brazil.
This garbage doesn't deserve a second glance.

What exactly are you suggesting here? This didn't happen? Its being reported by multiple other reputable news organizations, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Rueters says that the water temperatures are 10 degrees above the average for this time of year, in addition to the area being in a severe drought. Do you have a link to what the temperatures in this lake normally are at this time of year? Or you are just pulling numbers out of your ass?

Edit : Here's the monthly average temperatures for this area. Looks like the average daily temperature this time of year is 80 degrees, which is in fact, not hotter than Ohio. (Depending on where in Ohio you're looking at, its a couple of degrees warmer during summer.) Not only that, but the temperature in this area barely fluctuates, so everything you said about this being normal for late summer is also incorrect.
https://weatherspark.com/y/28214/Average-Weather-in-Tefé-Brazil-Year-Round

Last edited:
Someone needs to get a hold of Guinness World Records, this could constitute as the worlds largest soup…

What exactly are you suggesting here? This didn't happen? Its being reported by multiple other reputable news organizations, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Rueters says that the water temperatures are 10 degrees above the average for this time of year, in addition to the area being in a severe drought. Do you have a link to what the temperatures in this lake normally are at this time of year? Or you are just pulling numbers out of your ass?

Edit : Here's the monthly average temperatures for this area. Looks like the average daily temperature this time of year is 80 degrees, which is in fact, not hotter than Ohio. (Depending on where in Ohio you're looking at, its a couple of degrees warmer during summer.) Not only that, but the temperature in this area barely fluctuates, so everything you said about this being normal for late summer is also incorrect.
https://weatherspark.com/y/28214/Average-Weather-in-Tefé-Brazil-Year-Round
I'm saying water temps like this aren't in any way unusual, and it's nothing more than speculation that water temp had ANYTHING to do with the dolphins dying. And of course adding the phrase "boiled to death" is just more clickbait, but I think that was the TS and not the article. BTW, I don't think that link is showing what you think it is. Average air temps having nothing to do with peak water temps. Even published water temps are questionable, the temperature literally changes every inch lower in the water column, so exactly where in the water column the reading is taken will change the water temp, but there's no rule followed as to where it must be taken for these generic websites.

I like the dolphins around here. I could hear them hunting for fish this morning in the bay. The weather has turned cooler of late so imagine they did well here.

Oh I get it. You guys only care about the lives of rapist if they are dolphins.

<LikeReally5>

Dolphins.... in a lake.

The fresh (non-salt) water would have killed them far before the hot-tub temperatures this 'lake' supposedly had, somehow.

Amazon river dolphins - they can survive in fresh water.

Definitely sounds like some kind of tectonic activity with magma.

I don't know what else could do that?
That’s how that movie with the 3D pirhanas that bite the dick off the fat kid from stand by me started.

forget the name of the movie. Not stand my me. I remember that

<LikeReally5>

Dolphins.... in a lake.

The fresh (non-salt) water would have killed them far before the hot-tub temperatures this 'lake' supposedly had, somehow.

Brazil got freshwater dolphins man.

River dolphins and shit.

102 degrees? That must be celsius if the water was boiling, right?

Back