100, 200, 300; which monumental UFC card was the most stacked from top to bottom?

Which UFC card was the most stacked?

• Total voters
UFC 100 doesn't look that stacked on paper, but i remember being the most excited for 100 and i just remember having the best time back then when i had more family and friends into UFC, now literally none of my family and friends watch it anymore. None of them have ESPN+ to watch even if they wanted too.

It's only really crazy with hindsight.

At the time it was Jones's 3rd or 4th UFC fight. He wasn't a star yet, let alone a contender.

I think that's what they meant. He wasn't a star or contender, yet he was still on the prelims of what at the time was the best card ever. Admittedly, Jones was very obviously a rising talent and had just put on a ridiculous show against Bonnar, so it was reasonable to assume he'd go places.

Huh? What does "Brock was 3 fights into his career" have to do with whether or not it a stacked card? he was defending the UFC heavyweight title against frank mir and in his 5th career fight fighting a UFC champion for a 3rd time. it also had bad blood and great storyline. the fight delivered.

Hendo vs Bisping was highly anticipated and had a ton of bad blood and it fucking delivered on the fight itself.

Your GSP bullshit: okay bro, he was -275 and you don't like watching GSP win, but in his other fights
Serra -450
hardy -610
Kos -475
Shields -505
Condit -400
Diaz -430

one of his least favored fights of his career once he won the belt a second time.

you can obviously have whatever opinion you want but half your post was babbling nonsense. The card had 2 of the greatest 3-5 fighters of all time in any weight division (Jones and GSP), one of the best UFC HW's of all time in Mir, Lesnar defending his title in an unprecedented WWE wrestler to UFC champion transition, best UK fighter we ever had until maybe Leon (Bisping) facing Hendo (an all time GOAT), and THE MOST ICONIC KNOCKOUT IN UFC HISTORY, but yeah card was mid bro!
Brock being 3 fights in means exactly what it means, he was starting out and was unproven. I said I liked the Hendo fight so I'm not sure why you bothered to comment further on that. I also don't care about odds, I care about whether a fight is intriguing or not, GSP vs Alves was not intriguing. I knew GSP would wrestle his way to victory and he did, it's only slightly more appealing than his Hardy fight to me. You're also misrepresenting how Jones was looked at during that time, he was an exciting prospect for sure, in fact after the Bonnar fight at 94 I was fully onboard the Bones hypetrain but him vs Jake O'Brien was not some marquee match up. It was akin to watching Bo Nickal right now, sure he was destined to be great but he wasn't quite there yet. Don't let where people ended up skew your view of where they were at the time.

1. UFC 100
2. UFC 200
3. UFC 300

UFC 300 card is a little disappointing tbh.

I’ve been actively watching since UFC 40 and I’ll tell you 100% nothing is as big as 300! It’s a fucking powerhouse from the jump! Take off 2 of the WMMA fights for some all action bouts and it’s a 10/10. 200 was yellow ringed poop fest, and 100 was an icon with lots of Icons

Top to bottom its UFC 300, the amount of former champions in there is RIDICULOUS, UFC 200 was supposed to be good, ended up with Miesha Tate as the main event, UFC 100 is nice at the top, but it cant compete as a whole.

Jim Miller fought in all 3 of them, Jones was on the prelims back then.

200 was originally going to have McGregor vs Diaz as the main event with Jones vs DC as the co-main, but McGregor pulled out because of a contract dispute and Jones got busted for steroids again

Gotta wait to see if anybody pulls out of 300, but it's already the worst of the three imo.
If those two fights hadn’t fallen through it would probably be the best of the 3, as it stands though it may be the worst.

1. UFC 100
2. UFC 200
3. UFC 300

UFC 300 card is a little disappointing tbh.
As opposed to Nunes vs whomever it was? 300 might not live up to the lofty heights of 100, but 200 was basically a midlevel ppv.

It's only really crazy with hindsight.

At the time it was Jones's 3rd or 4th UFC fight. He wasn't a star yet, let alone a contender.
He already dominated Bonnar at that point, so he was a lot more proven than Bo Nickal is now (who's on the main card of 300)

I'd take a prime GSP, or prime Lesnar vs Mir alone over the entire 300 card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back