10 years for DUI manslaughter

There isn't a sentence that could possibly balance the books for that one. It was still an act of negligence and not an intentional killing. Putting her away for life or putting her to death isn't justice for the criminal, and letting her out after ten years isn't justice for the victims. No justice to be found. The way to attack drunk driving is the way we are already doing it, with little tolerance and tough penalties. It's working but this shit will always happen.

So she was negligent in not keeping her mouth closed as alcohol was being poured in it. She negligently sat in the car as it started itself and drove away.

Face facts. She intentionally and willingly drank alcohol then intentionally and willingly got into a vehicle and drove. All of her actions were intentional.

If she planned to drink and drive it should be considered pre-meditated murder.

So she was negligent in not keeping her mouth closed as alcohol was being poured in it. She negligently sat in the car as it started itself and drove away.

Face facts. She intentionally and willingly drank alcohol then intentionally and willingly got into a vehicle and drove. All of her actions were intentional.

If she planned to drink and drive it should be considered pre-meditated murder.
Then you'll have to redefine murder. Emotion doesn't make it so.

Seems it would be about 99.9% chance someone with alcoholism will drive drunk, not that I've done the research.

As a license is not a right, seems like a good reason for not being allowed to drive.

And how would we decide who is an alcoholic and who is not? People are unlikely to admit it if they will lose the ability to drive.

Also many would lose the ability to work because of a medical reason and have to go on disability. That would get abused.

And how would we decide who is an alcoholic and who is not? People are unlikely to admit it if they will lose the ability to drive.

Also many would lose the ability to work because of a medical reason and have to go on disability. That would get abused.

It would be difficult, but perhaps it needs to be so.

I've seen too many families destroyed, by alcoholism, drunk driving, and reckless driving, and if like us to actually do something about it

It would be difficult, but perhaps it needs to be so.

I've seen too many families destroyed, by alcoholism, drunk driving, and reckless driving, and if like us to actually do something about it

I would definitly agree that drunk driving and reckless driving need to be adressed. I would add texting while driving to that. Recently the most dangerous people ive seen on the road are the texters.

Back