1 thing about Dominick Reyes

Interesting TS.

You could've add Holly Holmes : She was 4 years into her carreer when she beat Ronda.

He would get 30-27 by Corey Anderson to be honest.. he is just being hyped now because Walker lost, who was the guy too beat Jones according too many of the same people on here. Way too unpredictable and violent for Jones apparently o_Oo_O

He is skilled and talented, buy very raw and nowhere near enough tools for Jones in my honest opinion.

He would get 30-27 by Corey Anderson to be honest.. he is just being hyped now because Walker lost, who was the guy too beat Jones according too many of the same people on here. Way too unpredictable and violent for Jones apparently o_Oo_O

He is skilled and talented, buy very raw and nowhere near enough tools for Jones in my honest opinion.
Johnny Walker fits the mould for Jones' worst stylistic matchup that we've seen, considering his closest fights were vs Gustafsson and Santos. Walker also had a puncher's chance as good as any, no one is going to out wrestle Jones and beat him in the clinch lol

I'm having some serious Silva/Weidman vibes with this fight and i don't really know why.

Cause Reyes can land that left hand like Weidman did on Silva, also like Connor landed his left on Aldo.

Going to be exciting to see if Reyes can pull it off.

This shows how small the learning curve in mma is

I could prob pick it up now at 25 and be champ at 30 lol

I just want to see the cheater lose already I don't even care who does it

Call me salty all you want, I'm tired of the special treatment this steroid abuser gets from the UFC. He'll get what's coming to him eventually.

Jones is the only guy on performance enhancers? Not your favorite fighters of course, right?

Win or lose I think a lot of people will be surprised by how competitive this fight is.
After the phoned in performances of Jones last 2 fights I don't think anyone is expecting Jones to come in and steam roll anyone.

That people are overlooking, he's only been fighting pro for 5 years. For comparison:

-Garbrandt was only 4 years into his career when he beat the 135 Goat Dom Cruz.

-Cejudo was only 5 years into his career when he beat the 125 Goat Mouse Johnson.

-Weidman was only 4.5 years into his career when he beat 185 Goat Anderson Silva.

-Frankie Edgar was 5 years into his career when he beat the 155 Goat(at the time) BJ

When a young blue-chip fighter is only a handful of years into their career, they often get a lot better between each fight. Not saying Reyes is going to win, but he fits the bill of the guy nobody saw coming to upset the Goat of a particular weight class.

And how's Garbrandt done since? or Wideman?

Jones is under weight and he's eating alot , that's what he said on UFC imbedded and really he's looking small this go around. He's not going to be the bigger guy this time for once, Dominick is looking huge and I suspect will come in heavier.

That and the fact that he's a multple sport Athlete, Jones has never face an athlete like Reyes who played 4 or 5 different sports. You learn many different skill sets that translate to mma. Often playing many sports takes away from other sports which is why Reyes couldn't go to the NFL. However he's a real athlete and the foundation is laid and he's been focused on one sport.

He won't be the same guy that fought Volkan , nor will he be the same guy that ko'd weidman. Instead the pinnacle of mma will come in the form of a goofy eccentric Mexican athlete who is evolving. He has enough power to hurt jones who is more hittable these days, he's big enough to thwart some of Jones' wresting. More importantly he's not super gifted in one department, he's sold all around and puts it all together at a high level. That's what is meant when he says athlete.

Come Saturday night ; this forum will be shocked and Jones will be dethroned. Reyes will be the better athlete.

He will get dominated, sorry.
See, you say that without ever giving thought to the potential that Reyes has, probably along with lots of other fighters.

No thoughtful analysis, just a boring comment that most people will say without being able to explain why. Just another person picking the favorite because they're the favorite.

We know what Jones can do, but we're more interested to see if Reyes can do better. He's still a bit of a mystery to me, but I still give him a good chance unless he simply chooses to quit or not fight at all.

Stylistically, Jones has struggled more with people who are of similar height and size. Reyes being just as tall is interesting. I just hope his wrestling is on par since I bet Jones will work for takedowns and control.

I just want to see the cheater lose already I don't even care who does it

Call me salty all you want, I'm tired of the special treatment this steroid abuser gets from the UFC. He'll get what's coming to him eventually.
I will join you in laughing if Jones gets slept

Back