⚔ Cody Garbrandt Threatens Dominick Cruz Backstage: "I'll just run up and smack you!"

What is your reaction to this confrontation?

• Total voters
Garbrandt is still very raw, if he fought Cruz at this stage it would be embarrassing to watch. Codys "very very fast hands" will be swinging at air.

It's not such a huge deal, but I like it. He laid out an ass whoopin in his last fight and is now trying to work his way to a title shot. Why not start some shit with the champ. Shit, it worked for bethe.

holy fuck, i think i've broverdosed

Cruz isn't yet at that point in his career when people can just "run up and smack" him. It's an interesting flight of fancy but not one, I suspect, will come to fruition for anybody anytime soon...

That said, it all depends on how disciplined Cruz remains in executing his game plans. As we've seen with Outcold, and Silva, champs aren't immune to going full retard and getting their plots turned in pretty spectacular fashion, so there's that. I fancy Cruz to be a bit better than that, but who knows?

I say do it. Fuck it, somebody's gonna have to beat this carnie pricks ass anyways. Might as well be Cruz

I don't know but all those team alpha male guys just come across like teenagers.
Drama queens, running around without shirts, talking shit as a group, bro bro bro bro, fist bumping each other etc
"Then I told him.... and he said.. and he looked in my eyes... and I'm like what's up blah blah"
Lmao thats funny because i always say when cruz talks he reminds me of that nerd from high school who always talked down to everyone like he was better then them ...but cruz has a right to act like that because he has the belt but i think were learning 135 =highschool

Cruz isn't yet at that point in his career when people can just "run up and smack" him. It's an interesting flight of fancy but not one, I suspect, will come to fruition for anybody anytime soon...

That said, it all depends on how disciplined Cruz remains in executing his game plans. As we've seen with Outcold, and Silva, champs aren't immune to going full retard and getting their plots turned in pretty spectacular fashion, so there's that. I fancy Cruz to be a bit better than that, but who knows?
I think Cruz as a person(though arrogant) is way too composed to ever allow himself to take an opponent lightly. I'm pretty sure if we could all see that Faber was on the decline before this fight, he as sure damn well did too. But he didn't go in there acting cocky and digressing from his game plan because of it. He's time away from the sport and reemerging as Champion more than attest to the fact he doesn't take any of this lightly.

Why is Cody always so grumpy? I'm guessing too much mountain dew and buffalo wild wings.

Where I come from there's a word for Cody and people like him. Bisping used it the other day with perfect context.

Shit. Shouldn't have said that.

And hes all like "totally"
And Im like "no way"
And he like "way"
and Im like "Nuhahh"

It was pretty rad.

I like how his awful tats make him look like a dirty neckbeard.

Cody kind of came off douchey and that's tough to say because I really don't like Cruz lol. It just doesn't sound like Cruz did anything wrong other than being present. I get the tattoo part but it seems like Cody was already bent out of shape before that. Dammit Cody, I want to root for you.

Dang I don't like this guy's personality but he hits hard.

There's a vid of this on FP. It was weak and Cody was a prick for trying to start something with a guy backstage directly after a fight. Not the time or place.

They're both annoying as fuck but I would be happy if he did smack "dom"

I think Cruz as a person(though arrogant) is way too composed to ever allow himself to take an opponent lightly. I'm pretty sure if we could all see that Faber was on the decline before this fight, he as sure damn well did too. But he didn't go in there acting cocky and digressing from his game plan because of it. He's time away from the sport and reemerging as Champion more than attest to the fact he doesn't take any of this lightly.

That's my thinking too. Again, I leave enough space to be proven wrong, but he strikes me as the type who won't be dethroned by his own stupidity

That's my thinking too. Again, I leave enough space to be proven wrong, but he strikes me as the type who won't be dethroned by his own stupidity
Precisely. Someone is just going to have to literally be better than him on that night.

Garbrandt is still very raw, if he fought Cruz at this stage it would be embarrassing to watch. Codys "very very fast hands" will be swinging at air.

Boxing wise he's the best in the division. Cruz would need to bicycle and go for TDs to survive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back