Social ♕Rules of Engagement for the Wall♕

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're struggling to make a coherent argument for your point. I get your point, but you've made a terrible argument for it and tried to fall back on my own example of another bad analogy of DEA and drugs. DEA job demand and arrests will increase with tougher laws on weed. ICE's job would actually decrease with stopping some
16,658 family member in September, breaking a record set in June 2014.https://www.motherjones.com/politic...of-families-are-crossing-the-southern-border/

That's over 100k/year. If the wall is built that number should decrease and so would ICE's job demand.

The amount of money spent apprehending 100k/people/year, housing, processing and prosecuting them puts a huge financial burden on "taxpayers" since you're so concerned about taxes going to wrong things. We are spending according to very modest estimates $200/day on adult detainee(and more on kids) and currently housing 50k detainees. That's 3.5 BILLION/year. I want to hear you rage and scream about that because that's an absurd bill for US citizens to pay for people who shouldn't be here.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/cost-us-immigrant-detention-trump-zero-tolerance-tents-cages.html

Now, if you want a good analogy, here is one to counter your illogical approach of "illegals are going to come in anyway, so why bother". If your car is losing power and fuel economy because of low oil level, but also has a minor exhaust leak, which also depletes the power and you currently have only enough money for exhaust leak, but because you feel you will lose more power due to low oil levels, you won't even bother to fix an exhaust leak. That kind of thinking is in the realm of insanity.

I would say you should save your money for the oil, maybe that's just me though.

Mexico are still paying for the wall, right?

You're struggling to make a coherent argument for your point. I get your point, but you've made a terrible argument for it and tried to fall back on my own example of another bad analogy of DEA and drugs. DEA job demand and arrests will increase with tougher laws on weed. ICE's job would actually decrease with stopping some
16,658 family member in September, breaking a record set in June 2014.https://www.motherjones.com/politic...of-families-are-crossing-the-southern-border/

That's over 100k/year. If the wall is built that number should decrease and so would ICE's job demand.

The amount of money spent apprehending 100k/people/year, housing, processing and prosecuting them puts a huge financial burden on "taxpayers" since you're so concerned about taxes going to wrong things. We are spending according to very modest estimates $200/day on adult detainee(and more on kids) and currently housing 50k detainees. That's 3.5 BILLION/year. I want to hear you rage and scream about that because that's an absurd bill for US citizens to pay for people who shouldn't be here.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/cost-us-immigrant-detention-trump-zero-tolerance-tents-cages.html

Now, if you want a good analogy, here is one to counter your illogical approach of "illegals are going to come in anyway, so why bother". If your car is losing power and fuel economy because of low oil level, but also has a minor exhaust leak, which also depletes the power and you currently have only enough money for exhaust leak, but because you feel you will lose more power due to low oil levels, you won't even bother to fix an exhaust leak. That kind of thinking is in the realm of insanity.

You are the one 'raging and screaming' about an immigration crisis, so I'm not sure where you are coming from in that regard.

Money will be spent on detaining illegals, wall or no wall - simple declarations that a wall will decrease that number is stopping well short of providing a concrete argument that proves a wall is the best cost to benefit solution available.

As to your analogy? I never stated anything even remotely similar to "illegals are going to come in anyway, so why bother". If you want to turn this into a critique about logic, then maybe don't start off by erecting straw houses just so you can conveniently blow them down. If you wanted to be more accurate, it should've read something like this:

We both take our shared car to a mechanic. He tells us that the car has an exhaust leak, and the majority of it is coming from the manifold, while a smaller portion is coming from leaks in the down pipes. Significantly, he also tells us that the car has other problems that could entirely affect the car's ability to roll down the street. Given our resources are finite, I elect to research repairs to the manifold, where the majority of the leaks are coming from, bearing in mind that the car could also use a new transmission and timing belt. You, however, have already concluded that the best thing to do is only concentrate on the pin holes in the down tubes.

why don't gated communities just let in anybody who wants to be there?

oh that's right

This is just the National Property Level of that conversation

You are the one 'raging and screaming' about an immigration crisis, so I'm not sure where you are coming from in that regard.

Money will be spent on detaining illegals, wall or no wall - simple declarations that a wall will decrease that number is stopping well short of providing a concrete argument that proves a wall is the best cost to benefit solution available.

As to your analogy? I never stated anything even remotely similar to "illegals are going to come in anyway, so why bother". If you want to turn this into a critique about logic, then maybe don't start off by erecting straw houses just so you can conveniently blow them down. If you wanted to be more accurate, it should've read something like this:

We both take our shared car to a mechanic. He tells us that the car has an exhaust leak, and the majority of it is coming from the manifold, while a smaller portion is coming from leaks in the down pipes. Significantly, he also tells us that the car has other problems that could entirely affect the car's ability to roll down the street. Given our resources are finite, I elect to research repairs to the manifold, where the majority of the leaks are coming from, bearing in mind that the car could also use a new transmission and timing belt. You, however, have already concluded that the best thing to do is only concentrate on the pin holes in the down tubes.

Don't kid yourself. Democrats want NOTHING done and neither do most liberals. Few sane-minded liberals like myself do see the problem at the southern border and are in support of it.

If you're talking about legislative initiatives to stop illegal immigration- good luck on that. There will be another Congressional stalemate. All these other solutions I hear from you but no concrete examples. You just want to go on a goose chase and do nothing about it. It's very transparent and has been brought up by few other anti-border-is-immoral cases on here. I don't get this kind of mentality at all, it's almost pathological.

Don't kid yourself. Democrats want NOTHING done and neither do most liberals. Few sane-minded liberals like myself do see the problem at the southern border and are in support of it.

If you're talking about legislative initiatives to stop illegal immigration- good luck on that. There will be another Congressional stalemate. All these other solutions I hear from you but no concrete examples. You just want to go on a goose chase and do nothing about it. It's very transparent and has been brought up by few other anti-border-is-immoral cases on here. I don't get this kind of mentality at all, it's almost pathological.

Congress was ready to fund the wall last year. The president is the problem.

Congress was ready to fund the wall last year. The president is the problem.

Was that a deal that involved legalizing illegal children? What was the roadblock issue?
I don't believe Democrats or Trump ever seriously considered it.

why don't gated communities just let in anybody who wants to be there?

oh that's right

This is just the National Property Level of that conversation

Not a great analogy. All of the gated communities I've seen are just that. They've got a gate on the road with someone to monitor it because that's how the vast majority of the people get into said community. Never seen one surrounded by a barbed wire topped wall.

Nah, the whole leave your door unlocked analogy is stupid. We have border security which is the lock and people can still get across just like they can break into your house.

Sounds like a cute analogy but it’s stupid and makes no sense. Btw if someone came to my door bleeding, or if it was a child who was starving I would open it just like we should open our borders for these people

"Excuse me, Mrs. Can you please help? There's been a terrible accident! My friend's in the middle of the road bleeding to death! Can I please use your telephone for an ambulance?" -Me

Was that a deal that involved legalizing illegal children? What was the roadblock issue?
I don't believe Democrats or Trump ever seriously considered it.

The DACA people. Both Republicans and dems agreed to it. President shit agreed to it, and then changed his mind after some vigorous watching tv

The DACA people. Both Republicans and dems agreed to it. President shit agreed to it, and then changed his mind after some vigorous watching tv

So they wanted to legalize illegal kids. That wouldn't fly with Trump's base so for him to approve it, he would have to break a pretty big campaign issue of his. I have to go back and reread if there were actually votes in place or if it was a tentative deal.

Sean hannity is basically trumps chief of staff

The great negotiator!

So they wanted to legalize illegal kids. That wouldn't fly with Trump's base so for him to approve it, he would have to break a pretty big campaign issue of his. I have to go back and reread if there were actually votes in place or if it was a tentative deal.

Its alot less than Reagan did, and we'd have a wall out of it. Seems like a pretty easy decision if you think the wall is necessary.

Mexico not paying for the wall is already a broken campaign promise

I don't know about a wall but they should definitely beef up border security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back