“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Devo is nominated this year, and Pat Benatar has failed more than once. Say what you want about Pat, but she was groundbreaking and half the girls in America tried that haircut and style at least once in the 80's.
that's what I meant before, most of the acts that should be in are already in. Devo didn't have that much of a cultural impact, sure, they were frontliners in the era of synths but they only had one song that most people know. Pat was pretty good, it's tough being a woman in the music business for reasons I already mentioned. Especially rock, Tina Turner and Pat did it by being more masculine than most of the female acts. Not too many women can do that convincingly. Does she deserve to be in? I don't know.

Devo is nominated this year, and Pat Benatar has failed more than once. Say what you want about Pat, but she was groundbreaking and half the girls in America tried that haircut and style at least once in the 80's.

Joan Jett has been in for some years now and I would say Benatar should have preceded her.

Didn't they just inducted Whitney Houston recently? Fuck that shit.
Whitney is the perfect example of what talented women have to deal with in that business and why they shouldn't conform. She had great roots in R&B, the church and a mother who was a professional who worked with a who's who of legends. She wasn't rock and roll but American root music like an Aretha Franklin. She didn't write music but she was a fine interpreter who could use all the licks and tricks she learned from her mother. I think she was one of the greatest singers ever but again, not rock and roll. They whored her out, made her a pop princess, made her go for the crossover and she had to deny where she came from and what she was. A hood girl who was probably at least bisexual if not lesbian and all of that had to be denied. The result of that self-denial and all of that suppression of who she was is something that we see all the time. Some women can live just fine as a diva, Diana Ross, Celine Dion, etc.., who had these assholes fucking them and standing in the wings taking credit for their success. But some have more to offer and some like whitney, who was sensitive, was devastated by the reaction of her own community and her own conscience, can't make it through. What could she have done? Who knows, just stayed anonymous and never get to accomplish much just like a million other talented folks who just don't compromise. They are out there.

Last edited:
I love seeing these old threads pop up and see how many people have been banned. It's both funny and sad

I love seeing these old threads pop up and see how many people have been banned. It's both funny and sad
didn't know it was old, also, don't know how people get banned so easy, i have a big mouth and as yet i've never had a problem.

I have been to the building in Cleveland. The actual design in fucking stupid it gets smaller every floor you go up.
<JagsKiddingMe>

I can’t believe they haven’t inducted Kate Bush. She's an avant garde creative legend. She should have been inducted years ago.

Just saw that she's been nominated 3 times, including this year. She's been getting a pretty big push recently because of how heavily featured she is in season 4 of Stranger Things, and a song from 1985 has entered and reentered the charts and even gone higher than it originally did, like topping the charts in the UK for several weeks. We'll see what happens...

Just saw that she's been nominated 3 times, including this year. She's been getting a pretty big push recently because of how heavily featured she is in season 4 of Stranger Things, and a song from 1985 has entered and reentered the charts and even gone higher than it originally did, like topping the charts in the UK for several weeks. We'll see what happens...

I would have inducted her a little while back but Stranger Things shouldn't have any influence on it. She has done all kinds of other stuff with Peter Gabriel, she had Cloudbusting, which itself was sampled for a big techno hit in the 90s. She's not a first ballot Hall of Famer like Tina Turner. I'd say she just gets over the bar as an accumulated body of work Hall of Famer like Rush or maybe Iron Maiden or Judas Priest or Aimee Mann or Midnight Oil or something like that. I forget who is actually in and who is not.

Grand Funk Railroad isn't even in this shit.

I would have inducted her a little while back but Stranger Things shouldn't have any influence on it. She has done all kinds of other stuff with Peter Gabriel, she had Cloudbusting, which itself was sampled for a big techno hit in the 90s. She's not a first ballot Hall of Famer like Tina Turner. I'd say she just gets over the bar as an accumulated body of work Hall of Famer like Rush or maybe Iron Maiden or Judas Priest or Aimee Mann or Midnight Oil or something like that. I forget who is actually in and who is not.
JP is in this year. Still waiting on Maiden to get the call.

that's what I meant before, most of the acts that should be in are already in. Devo didn't have that much of a cultural impact, sure, they were frontliners in the era of synths but they only had one song that most people know. Pat was pretty good, it's tough being a woman in the music business for reasons I already mentioned. Especially rock, Tina Turner and Pat did it by being more masculine than most of the female acts. Not too many women can do that convincingly. Does she deserve to be in? I don't know.

lol, Devo were hugely impactful on post punk/alternative and the first two records before "That one song" are considered classics, especially the first
Are_We_Not_Men_We_Are_Devo%21.jpg

The Rock N Roll HoF is stupid and a sham, but Devo isnt one to use for saying they dont belong in there.
Plenty of other bands should be in there too but arnt. Maiden of course, but hey the fucking foo fighters got in on first chance even though they suck and make generic pop rock that hasnt really changed anything

Back