“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Do you have to be retired for 5 years before induction?

25 years after first release. Some rappers are inducted immediately nowadays when some legendary rock acts who were eligible shorty after the HOF started still aren’t in...or only recently got in.

Always thought rock was fairly synonymous with pop as far as 'rock star'

Who gives a shit about how famous a musician is or not

Music HOF... It's weird

Not like a sports accomplishment where you can dominate a league or internationally represent your country

Google "Eddie Trunk rock n roll hall of fame" for some epic and insightful rants.

I’m not too in favor of this institute that started out decent but is now just trying way too hard to be hip. I just wonder why they don’t call it the music hall of fame or the pop hall of fame. I know it’s kind of pointless to try to put a lot of acts into a box, but there’s a lot of strange choices for inductees that have nothing to do with rock music. If they’re gonna have all these rap and pop acts then why don’t they induct any country or metal acts? I’d love to see a more legit HOF dedicated to rock music, not just something that has to include everyone one for fear of offending.

The fact that bands like Rage against the Machine, Iron Maiden, Pantera and Motorhead get snubbed while NWA and The Notorious BIG are inducted is bullshit. I like NWA and Biggy, but metal music is a much closer relative to Rock and Roll than hip hop. I think they are just trying to avoid the fragile minds and cry bullies from accusing them as being racist.

HTB186LaNpXXXXc_XVXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg_q50.jpg

You see what I did there?

On topic, it should be renamed the Hall of Wettest Assed Poosays, and everyone slips on their way to accepting their award, like getting slimed at a Nickelodeon event, except you don't get renal cancer from the green dye.

It's been a shame for ever.

But its also nice to see some bands like The Stooges get their due.

I’m not too in favor of this institute that started out decent but is now just trying way too hard to be hip. I just wonder why they don’t call it the music hall of fame or the pop hall of fame. I know it’s kind of pointless to try to put a lot of acts into a box, but there’s a lot of strange choices for inductees that have nothing to do with rock music. If they’re gonna have all these rap and pop acts then why don’t they induct any country or metal acts? I’d love to see a more legit HOF dedicated to rock music, not just something that has to include everyone one for fear of offending.

I guess we can't LIKE really old posts, but this couldn't be more right.

It’s always been more a post-Beatles pop music hall of fame with a few early influencers to add credibility. The BeeGees and ABBA aren’t rock and roll, Louis Armstrong and Sam Cooke aren’t rock and roll. Basically all of Motown is present in there as well. I’d rather see hip hop influential acts in there (they’re more relevant to modern rock and roll) than glorified barroom acts like Rundgren and Hagar.

The idea that Rage Against the Machine would be seen as a more appropriate entry into any hall of fame than Run DMC or LL Cool J is ridiculous.

I love that the two most prominent guys from Radiohead band didn't show up for their induction. It's not a surprise considering their MO. But I still found it funny though.

Neither Megadeth or Dave Mustaine as a solo are in. All Dave did was pioneer a whole genre

Maybe BLM will burn it down. That would end the pain of having Ice Cube in there or whoever the fuck. The guys is 2 steps phony - once phony in his own genre, and then another level phony to be in RRHOF.

There should be an iron maiden Hall of Fame. And iron maiden would be the only inductee.

Back