“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Every time someone watches Ridiculousness on MTV, they are listening to Devo.

Listen if stix isnt in I'm a going picketing
Well get to it. Stix got snubbed again this year.

I sure hope Styx gets in before Stix though. Would be a shame if they didn't.

lol, Devo were hugely impactful on post punk/alternative and the first two records before "That one song" are considered classics, especially the first
Are_We_Not_Men_We_Are_Devo%21.jpg

The Rock N Roll HoF is stupid and a sham, but Devo isnt one to use for saying they dont belong in there.
Plenty of other bands should be in there too but arnt. Maiden of course, but hey the fucking foo fighters got in on first chance even though they suck and make generic pop rock that hasnt really changed anything
By the way, I've always thought the guy on that album cover looks like Tom Brady.

gu4xumbapdm31.jpg

They built that city on Rock n Roll. I grew up in the Cleveland area. Saw it being built. I’ve never felt the urge to visit. Never went to the Football HOF nearby either.

is it a popularity contest? That would explain the Foo Fighter but not Devo. Devo had a huge influence on other musicians, they started making videos before MTV, they started making 80s music in the 70s, etc, but they weren't that popular.

I don't understand Iron Maiden not being in there b/c they were both popular and influential

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back