“FrankieNYC Poster of the Year Award - Semifinals”

Who is your pick for FrankieNYC Poster of the Year? (choose FIVE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a vote on who has the best Ass AV

423029.jpg
239026.jpg
497975.jpg
@BigTruck
Now this is a pole I can get behind!

While I know I won’t win, I’m just glad people like my posts enough to nominate me. Personally I went with @bigwaverider @Jackonfire @Zebra Cheeks @Arqueto and @KazDibiase but all are worthy of winning.
Now while I don’t post in the heavies as often as I used to, I’ll always be here on Fight Night doing my thang with my, what I should call it thanks to @Bowel-forged Stool the “Grub, Chug, Drug” thread. Thanks all and have a happy New Year...
4b4179863a6f527dde374e272efa236e.gif
<{Joewithit}>
Voted the exact same!
{<redford}
...and by the way, you'd have gotten my sixth vote, if there was such a thing.
It really was close between you and someone else out of the posters mentioned, i almost had to roll a dice, lol.

Thanks for your consistent delivery of your iconic threads, they're a big part of what makes sherdog so special in my eyes.
<RomeroSalute>

I forgot my username but didn't realize I could sign on through email so I haven't checked the place in a bit.
This was nice.
I wish I knew his family to show him
Well I'm really glad some of his friends know about this. Frankie was a great dude and an excellent poster.

Alright guys, I fully recognize the spot for 10th currently sits at a 1 vote difference between @Hellowhosthat And @BFoe , I’ve kept a close eye and it’s been that way for almost a day now. I’m going to call the deadline for votes tomorrow at 12pm est. in other words, we’ll close in 24 hours. We’re going to need time to prepare bios and writes ups for the final thread, and I’d like to get all of the work on our end done before the holiday break is over. I’ll take tally at 12:00 tomorrow, and we’ll go from there.

Alright guys, I fully recognize the spot for 10th currently sits at a 1 vote difference between @Hellowhosthat And @BFoe , I’ve kept a close eye and it’s been that way for almost a day now. I’m going to call the deadline for votes tomorrow at 12pm est. in other words, we’ll close in 24 hours. We’re going to need time to prepare bios and writes ups for the final thread, and I’d like to get all of the work on our end done before the holiday break is over. I’ll take tally at 12:00 tomorrow, and we’ll go from there.
Shit. ONE vote??

It’s time for me to try and drum up some last minute support.
giphy.gif

vDPocGJ.gif

Semi-Finals
This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Hello fellow Doggers!

Just like the great Sensei Steven Seagal guest hosted SNL once upon a time, the Powers That Be here at Sherdog have seen fit to allow me the honor to guest host this Semi Finals thread.
I know, I know, there goes the neighborhood :)

In the relatively short time that I’ve been here, the Sherdog community has come to mean a lot to me. At the end of the day, we are family. There are so many incredible posters whose talents combine to make this the greatest online community that I’ve ever had the chance to be a part of—so I truly am humbled to have the opportunity to help out in crowning the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year. Shout out to @Arqueto for the amazing artwork in this thread to honor @FrankieNYC.

In the last thread, we asked for your nominations—and you answered with shout outs to so many tremendous posters, who have helped make Sherdog the awesome place to be that it was in 2020. @Zebra Cheeks, with some help from @Ares Black and myself, have tallied up the nominations.

In this thread, you will find a poll listing the Top 20 nominees for the semi final round. Each of you will have 5 votes. You can change your votes. From these, we will narrow this down to 10 Finalists for the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year Award, which we will share (and give you the chance to vote on) in an upcoming thread.

This award is an incredible honor to receive; and it is you, the Sherdog community, that decides who receives it. So please look over the poll carefully, take some time to reflect on what posts and posters made 2020 special here on Sherdog, and let your voice be heard.

Best of luck to all of the Semi Finalists. You are all amazing, and all very deserving of this recognition and this honor. May the best Dogger win!

upload_2020-12-29_7-56-51-png.822714

spoiler/]@BFoe @Zebra Cheeks @Jackonfire @Ares Black @KazDibiase @bigwaverider @Ironnik94 @Arqueto @Dead Kennedy @Kryptt @PurpleStorm @Frank McEdgar @giovanni_ss @Rebelfett @fortheo @Hellowhosthat @Mr.Maelstrom @SKYNET @HHJ @IngaVovchanchyn [/spoiler]
I'm not voting but I did give a "like" because I miss Frankie.

original.jpg

I'm posting this only to thank the powers that be for doing it (even if they're Mods, at least they got this right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back