Your "white whale" internet searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, not that one. Loved that movie though.

My movie is about something that looked orange and may even had antennas or odd looking hair.

Like this ?

maca.jpg

^^ Mac and Me was going to be my guess too based on his description.

I have a few.

There was a short movie (like tales from the crypt) i have a few memories of. It was in from the 80's. I remember there was a deep well and this guy lowered something into it. When he pulled the rope back up, there was gold and a note to send more (i don't remember what he lowered in the first place). He did this a few times and kept getting more gold. Eventually he lowered himself into it. Don't remember the name of it.

About 10 years ago i saw a short video, with music. It wasn't on youtube, but i don't remember where it was hosted. There was a young girl "dancing". The dancing consisted of 3 moves. Washing the dish, drying the dish and putting away the dish. She was miming this and the beat really caught my ear. I have no idea how to search for this.

A couple years ago i was on a cruise ship in the mediteranean. One night i went back to my room and before falling asleep i saw a British television reality show where they had about 4 strangers who make dinner for each other a different night of the week. They would take turns having the dinner party st their own home, then rate the experience. I've googled several variations of a description, but to no avail.

I have a few.

There was a short movie (like tales from the crypt) i have a few memories of. It was in from the 80's. I remember there was a deep well and this guy lowered something into it. When he pulled the rope back up, there was gold and a note to send more (i don't remember what he lowered in the first place). He did this a few times and kept getting more gold. Eventually he lowered himself into it. Don't remember the name of it.

About 10 years ago i saw a short video, with music. It wasn't on youtube, but i don't remember where it was hosted. There was a young girl "dancing". The dancing consisted of 3 moves. Washing the dish, drying the dish and putting away the dish. She was miming this and the beat really caught my ear. I have no idea how to search for this.

A couple years ago i was on a cruise ship in the mediteranean. One night i went back to my room and before falling asleep i saw a British television reality show where they had about 4 strangers who make dinner for each other a different night of the week. They would take turns having the dinner party st their own home, then rate the experience. I've googled several variations of a description, but to no avail.

The last one is 'Come Dine with Me'....my mother loves it.

Anyone know some kickboxing movie from the 90s where it's switching back and forth between a fight scene in the ring and a sex scene with a lady with big fake tits? It wasn't Kickboxer 4.

Probably Ring of Fire with Don Wilson. There is a part where Wilson's cousin is fighting in the ring and the film cuts to the antagonist banging his hot ass girlfriend, then back and forth from the fight to the banging.

Like this ?

maca.jpg

Ok I have another one...

I want to say it was a made for tv movie in the 80s. It was about a boy? An alien? Something that looked human but was the height of a 5-8 year old. I want to say the face looked odd as hell. Maybe 3 eyes, or they were big or whatever. Anyway, its hard for me to describe, because the camera was always this thing. In other words, we usually saw through the 'creatures' eyes as a first person view. I want to say this creature wore light blue clothes too.

If I were to make it up, the thing was a genetically altered person whom was being studied and escaped into regular society. He still had to be hidden though.

May had been for kids or just a science fiction flick, but it was not on cable and I was under 10 when I saw it.

When I saw the ears as I was scrolling down, I thought you had found it, but no. That was a real movie that made the theaters. The one I am talking about was on NBC, ABC, or CBS.

around 14-15 years ago my cousin had an imac with a huge monitor. we played this space/asteroids type game that i'm pretty sure came pre-installed with the computer and it was really fun. You were given a certain amount of ships (lives) and you had to destroy all the objects on the screen. The asteroids/comets/planets bounced off the edges of the screen and when you blew up certain objects they would explode into smaller objects you had to destroy. you would control the ship's directions by dragging the mouse in one direction or another and control some of the secondary weapons/missiles with the keyboard. I haven't figured out the name of that game and have been searching for a long time now.

A movie from my childhood. Some successful businessman or possibly lawyer somehow ended up being broke and living in the streets. He meets some bum that helps him out.

This movie is probably from 80'-90'.

not Trading Places right?

MV5BMTc0ODg5NjYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU5MzY0MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

A movie from my childhood. Some successful businessman or possibly lawyer somehow ended up being broke and living in the streets. He meets some bum that helps him out.

This movie is probably from 80'-90'.

Trading Places?
Life Stinks?

Life Stinks it is man. Gonna watch it on the weekends. You're the fucking man dude.

Nah, not that one. Loved that movie though.

My movie is about something that looked orange and may even had antennas or odd looking hair.

any more info to help?

I can only really think of mac and me and youre sure its not that?

Munchie? check that movie out

Last edited:
My first combat deployment, I was lucky enough to see my parents moments before leaving. I remember being at the airport, looking at the pain on my parents face because they didn't know if I was punching a one way ticket... My mother was too emotional to even really say goodbye to me when I left... But the next day, well on my way over, I received an e-mail from her of a 9/11 video, set to Enya's 'Only Time,' that had pictures of all the people lost on the different planes, then in the middle of it, there was a drawing of a fireman handing off an American Flag to a soldier out of the rubble...

The message attached was something I'll never forget.

This has considerable emotional value to me. I wasn't able to find it later and have been looking for it ever since. If anyone had the know-how to find this, I'd not only be grateful, I'd pay you handsomely if you have paypal.

Thanks.

^^ something like this?

we_ll_take_it_from_here.jpg

no doubt man, I tried looking for through some videos but doing so kinda made me depressed. sorry man, I need to be in the right state of mind to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back