Your "white whale" internet searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a British musical movie about a Jazz (I think) musician who has a black room mate and who's girlfriend was working in a department store and ends up breaking with him for the department store owner.

Anyone? :icon_sad:

There was a really cool scene where the main character goes through the streets of London singing and some random kid picks up a prostitute.

Anyone? :icon_sad:

There was a really cool scene where the main character goes through the streets of London singing and some random kid picks up a prostitute.

Is it really old, or like 1980s old?

There was a Japanese (I believe) cartoon, Robin Hood-like, but he was a kid, and at the closing song a golden crucifix appeared with a ruby on the center.

That's all I remember from that show, and I've searched for it for a while and haven't found it

i was looking for this a long time ago and just found it

I'm looking for an NES game a friend of mine had when we were little. When looking it up I thought it might have been Bionic Commando, but after watching a couple gameplay videos I don't think that was it but that should give you an idea of the sort of style. From memory it was a near-future sci-fi setting with at least one level having a really industrial look to it. I think you could get gun upgrades and I remember you being able to get this hovering robot thing that would follow you around and help shoot stuff. Does this ring any bells to anybody, or have 25 years totally distorted my memory?

EDIT: It has been found with some helpful direction from Sen

Last edited:
Movie from around early 80’s. thriller/horror .

I thought Jeff Goldblum and Ray Dong Chong were the stars but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Anyway… a guy is married/dating to/a chic that turns out to be a gargoyle. Has something to do with a museum. (I think)

Tales from the Darkside, the movie.

The guy is James Remar.

I'm looking for an NES game a friend of mine had when we were little. When looking it up I thought it might have been Bionic Commando, but after watching a couple gameplay videos I don't think that was it but that should give you an idea of the sort of style. From memory it was a near-future sci-fi setting with at least one level having a really industrial look to it. I think you could get gun upgrades and I remember you being able to get this hovering robot thing that would follow you around and help shoot stuff. Does this ring any bells to anybody, or have 25 years totally distorted my memory?

Power Blade?
Power_Blade_Boxart.jpg

I loved this game but it was always rented out. Never bought it so I never got to far on it. Don't remember robot thing but maybe it was deeper in game

Looking for a movie made in 80s I think, about Muslim terrorists. I think it's based in the UK, but not certain. There's one scene where a little Arab boy in school is drawing pictures of guns and death and terrorism plots and the teacher is concerned about the boy. In another scene the boy is given a handgun and asked by a group of older guys to shoot a defenseless man. The kid pulls the trigger but there's no bullet inside. The men congratulate him for passing the test.

A computer game from the early 90s I used to play, before my family's PC even had a mouse I think, was some 2D black-and-white medieval-fantasy style game where you fight goblins and ghosts and all sorts of stuff. If you collect enough coins/money you can buy armour and potions.

In order to attack an enemy that appears on the screen, you have to position your character side-by-side to the enemy and repeatedly press the direction key to make an attack. Every time you hit the opponent by pressing the direction key, a sentence will appear on screen that describes how effectively your attack was. Sometimes you might be attacking a thief, and after pressing the direction key to make a hit, the resulting description will read "your bag feels lighter...", indicating that the thief is stealing your coins while you take swipes at him with your sword. At this point you can continue attacking or just retreat from the opponent by backing off.

I haven't played the game in over twenty years, but I'm desperate to find it.

A computer game from the early 90s I used to play, before my family's PC even had a mouse I think, was some 2D black-and-white medieval-fantasy style game where you fight goblins and ghosts and all sorts of stuff. If you collect enough coins/money you can buy armour and potions.

In order to attack an enemy that appears on the screen, you have to position your character side-by-side to the enemy and repeatedly press the direction key to make an attack. Every time you hit the opponent by pressing the direction key, a sentence will appear on screen that describes how effectively your attack was. Sometimes you might be attacking a thief, and after pressing the direction key to make a hit, the resulting description will read "your bag feels lighter...", indicating that the thief is stealing your coins while you take swipes at him with your sword. At this point you can continue attacking or just retreat from the opponent by backing off.

Are you sure it was black and white. If it was black and white and 2-D then it was likely from the 80's and not the 90's and its probably a DOS based game.

Kind of sounds like Mines of Moria or a Rogue-like clone.

Moria.png

I was looking for one recently I couldn't find. It was a stand up arcade game where the main character could acquire an item known as "poon boots". I played it around 1986, give or take. It was a side scroller I believe and the boots would allow you a jet boost so you could fly higher.

I was looking for one recently I couldn't find. It was a stand up arcade game where the main character could acquire an item known as "poon boots". I played it around 1986, give or take. It was a side scroller I believe and the boots would allow you a jet boost so you could fly higher.

I have no idea what this is, but the term "poon boots" will become part of my Friday night drinking terminology.

"Hang on, let me get my poon boots on"

I have no idea what this is, but the term "poon boots" will become part of my Friday night drinking terminology.

"Hang on, let me get my poon boots on"

For real, the hilarity of that is that after 30 years the only thing I remember about that game is the item, "Poon Boots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back