Your "white whale" internet searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Thought it may be a good idea to post about something you have been searching for online to no avail for a long time. Maybe someone else in this thread will have what you are looking for. Could be something you once saw but never again, something you are looking for and heard about but never saw, etc.. Does not have to be mma related.

Personally, I would like to find the Blind Date episode that featured Wes Sims. I saw it on tv once way back. I know it is highly sought after.

for years ive been searching for the name of an old snack i ate

they were little round candy like round starburts ....powerballs is the name i always thought it was but ive never found it

for years ive been searching for the name of an old snack i ate

they were little round candy like round starburts ....powerballs is the name i always thought it was but ive never found it

No hard shell, just soft like starbursts?

I've always searched for a show I watched as a kid but to no avail, it was about robots piloted by people I think the main good guys bot was yellow and black with an axe for its hand the bad guy also had an eye patch

Great stuff, TS.

I saw this as a kid in passing, and have been trying to figure out what it might have been. Futuristic show with people dressed in some sort of armour with glowing chests. Shooting each other, as you can imagine.

I have this vague memory of a movie i once saw...

All I can remember is this.

There was this enormous statue , 100 feet tall maybe , at the top was this massive face with a wide gaping maw.

Out of this enormous mouth guns and rifles poured forth onto a ravenous crowd below...

What movies was it?

had to be 70's era

I do think it would help the searches if everyone could add where they lived when they experienced these white whale memories.

I recently found one of my own white whales, and what is weird is that they are often not the same as you remember. Here it is, I just found it last week and it had disappeared for 6 or 7 years online!

Last edited:
Great stuff, TS.

I saw this as a kid in passing, and have been trying to figure out what it might have been. Futuristic show with people dressed in some sort of armour with glowing chests. Shooting each other, as you can imagine.

I've always searched for a show I watched as a kid but to no avail, it was about robots piloted by people I think the main good guys bot was yellow and black with an axe for its hand the bad guy also had an eye patch

Thanks, dude, but I don't think it was animated. Actors, with armour with glowing chests. Running around futuristic sets, maybe. There were issues with losing power, maybe?

There was a live version of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" I used to have as MP3. It was easily the best version of the song I'd ever heard, but my HD got wiped and I never had any luck finding it again. At the start of the song he says something like "This song was written by (whoever wrote it), and stolen by me"

There was a commercial in Canada in probably '97. It was done by Labatt as an ad about drinking responsibly.

A guy wakes up obviously hung over. He presses play on his answering machine and there is a message from his friend. His friend describes the debauchery from the previous evening which the guy obviously doesn't remember. At the end the guy turns around and, unknown to him, he has a huge hideous tattoo on his back. It's a teddy bear and a giant heart. In the middle of the heart it says Cheryl. His friend finishes his message saying:

"You're the man, cool guy! See you at the beach."

For about a year afterwards, every time a friend of mine did something stupid someone would say "you're the man, cool guy" and everyone would finish it.

I have tried to find the video with no success.

I found an ad from the same series. It's not as good, but somewhat amusing.

Last edited:
There was a live version of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" I used to have as MP3. It was easily the best version of the song I'd ever heard, but my HD got wiped and I never had any luck finding it again. At the start of the song he says something like "This song was written by (whoever wrote it), and stolen by me"

Along the same lines, I had an MP3 on my old Ipod of Blues Traveler doing Runaround on some mid-nineties show Vh1 used to air...I think it was called Crossroads

I find several mentions of what you are saying here: http://www.thefranksinatra.com/songs/new-york-new-york

Frank Sinatra: The national anthem! This song was written by Fred Ebb and John Kander, orchestrated by Don Costa, introduced by Liza Minnelli and stolen by me. (1987-10-17 Worchester)

Frank Sinatra: This next song was written by Fred Ebb and John Kander, orchestrated by Don Costa, introduced by Liza Minnelli and stolen by me. (1986-12-31 Golden Nugget)

Frank Sinatra: You don’t know the song, right? This is a song written by Fred Ebb and John Kander, orchestrated by Don Costa, introduced by Liza Minnelli and stolen by me. Good song. (9 January 1988, Sanctuary Cove)*

I find several mentions of what you are saying here: http://www.thefranksinatra.com/songs/new-york-new-york

Frank Sinatra: The national anthem! This song was written by Fred Ebb and John Kander, orchestrated by Don Costa, introduced by Liza Minnelli and stolen by me. (1987-10-17 Worchester)

Frank Sinatra: This next song was written by Fred Ebb and John Kander, orchestrated by Don Costa, introduced by Liza Minnelli and stolen by me. (1986-12-31 Golden Nugget)

Frank Sinatra: You don

thanks mate but i dont think thats it, there were smaller man sized robots that used to f up the bigger bots, i belive they made action figures off them or maybe it was all a dream?

there was another show when i was younger where a teenager would get sucked into his pc and become like a power rangers zord and fight monsters i believe it was live action

A few years ago someone posted a link to a website of face/body structure (of humans) based on each and every country...can't seem to find it.

There was a commercial in Canada in probably '97. It was done by Labatt as an ad about drinking responsibly.

A guy wakes up obviously hung over. He presses play on his answering machine and there is a message from his friend. His friend describes the debauchery from the previous evening which the guy obviously doesn't remember. At the end the guy turns around and, unknown to him, he has a huge hideous tattoo on his back. It's a teddy bear and a giant heart. In the middle of the heart it says Cheryl. His friend finishes his message saying:

"You're the man, cool guy! See you at the beach."

For about a year afterwards, every time a friend of mine did something stupid someone would say "you're the man, cool guy" and everyone would finish it.

I have tried to find the video with no success.

I found an ad from the same series. It's not as good, but somewhat amusing.

I remember that one, good times

I have tried to find a old thread from here. The op was a guy posing a pic of him on holiday with his family. Someone asked "is your sisters name such and such" the op responded aggressively with 'you ********* photographer how do you know my sister ect' turned out the guy had slept with the TSs sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back