Your "white whale" internet searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was this movie that was playing on HBO when I was a kid. It was about like an everyday Joe learning his dad was like some sort of explorer researcher. Then some evil guy is trying to steal something, Everyday Joe meets an old guy who knew his dad, and a hot chick who's either the old guy's daughter or apprentice. The ending fight scene has the everyday Joe fighting the bad guy and teleporting to different locations due to an artifact I think, ending in some sort of tomb. That's all I remember, been searching for it for years now.

This is all I got

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489099/

For sure wasn't Jumper. Was a movie back in the 90's. Early 2000's latest.

I'm trying to find a Korean movie about a guy who switches schools and gets picked on by a group of thugs in the new school. Until a rumor is spread (maybe by him intentionally) that he is a bad ass and the thug group starts to be friendly with him.

I think at the start he sticks up for a girl and thats why they start going after him. There are also cut scenes of an animated shark in the movie.

Its funny as hell.

Thank you, you're the man! My life is now complete.

I found the entire thing. I knew it was missing something because I've watched the chappelle show so many times and i remembered there was a guy singing while getting high. the thing about this one is that its censored. enjoy my friend.

[YT]x7T0N7WFCNY[/YT]

I have found my white whale... completely by accident while on amazon instant prime or whatever the fuck it's called... God is good and Conor Bless

107357x480.jpg

OK i have one.

Its a video i assume i saw on youtube or something similar - early 2000's at a best guess. It's of a Japanese (i think) guy filming himself doing action figure vs. action figure fights. He's not in the videos himself besides doing some commentary - the main thing in the video is the guys infectious and ridiculous laughter, like he's almost crying he's laughing so hard.

there may or may not have been one of those old school toys that stack inside each other.

Sorry, not a lot to go on, but i really miss that guys laugh :p

Early 80's show that involved inter dimensional travel..family or Dad and kids got transported into a weird future or another dimension. Kind of into a dystopian society...I remember hang gliders, maybe pyramids, not Land of The Lost. Maybe transported through a vortex. They had to learn to survive and adapt. Didn't last too many episodes, obscure....

It's your lucky day -- I know exactly what you're talking about. My older brothers used to watch this show way the fuck back when and I remember it. It was called Otherworld:

[YT]U8idvQeM0kA[/YT]

Nah, not Thunderstruck. Know that one too when I hear it.

Havent read the whole thread but maybe "Aerodynamic" by Daft Punk?

Edit: just realized this is an old ass thread

Last edited:
It's a book in one of those "what books are you reading?" threads right here on Sherdog.

This particular book is an autobiography/memoir from a cowboy who lived back in the 1800's, writing about how the wild/old west actually sucks in nearly all ways, unlike the romanticized writings and movies that would follow later

I think the cowboy had a french-ish last name, but can't remember. I spent about 3 hours reading through 3 of these threads but couldn't relocate the post talking about it. I want to read the book but can't find the title/author info

Anyone?

Mine was a children's cartoon turned action figures.

My memory is so hazy. But there is a robot who's head is just a big eye. Skinny arms and legs. Like non threatening robot. I wish I could get a better mental image. But they robot is all I got.

The 48 hours of Timothy Mcveighs interviews that the MSNBC special was based on, that special in itself is difficult to find as of late. Kinda weird.

It's your lucky day -- I know exactly what you're talking about. My older brothers used to watch this show way the fuck back when and I remember it. It was called Otherworld:

[YT]U8idvQeM0kA[/YT]

You are the man!!! Holy shit this is it...

Ok I have another one...

I want to say it was a made for tv movie in the 80s. It was about a boy? An alien? Something that looked human but was the height of a 5-8 year old. I want to say the face looked odd as hell. Maybe 3 eyes, or they were big or whatever. Anyway, its hard for me to describe, because the camera was always this thing. In other words, we usually saw through the 'creatures' eyes as a first person view. I want to say this creature wore light blue clothes too.

If I were to make it up, the thing was a genetically altered person whom was being studied and escaped into regular society. He still had to be hidden though.

May had been for kids or just a science fiction flick, but it was not on cable and I was under 10 when I saw it.

Last edited:
Ok I have another one...

I want to say it was a made for tv movie in the 80s. It was about a boy? An alien? Something that looked human but was the height of a 5-8 year old. I want to say the face looked odd as hell. Maybe 3 eyes, or they were big or whatever. Anyway, its hard for me to describe, because the camera was always this thing. In other words, we usually saw through the 'creatures' eyes as a first person view. I want to say this creature wore light blue clothes too.

If I were to make it up, the thing was a genetically altered person whom was being studied and escaped into regular society. He still had to be hidden though.

May had been for kids or just a science fiction flick, but it was not on cable and I was under 10 when I saw it.

[YT]w3whW65Xl54[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back