Your Top 5 Favorite Movies Of All Time.

5 is soooo difficult to narrow down to (there are many that easily could be subbed in and it wouldn't be wrong). But here goes nothing in no real order:

This Is The End
Bridesmaids
Dumb and Dumber
The Ring
Secret Window

Btw TS I like the Saving Private Ryan inclusion. I'd have it in my top 10 (actually had it in my 5 and removed it) for sure (maybe the greatest film of all time).

The Green Mile
No Country for Old Men
Die Hard
Lord of the Rings
Lethal Weapon

Lots of people putting No Country For Old Men on their lists. I liked that film a lot and would probably put it in a top 5-15 list. My only thing with it is:

I wished Brolin's character survived Chagur (or however you spell it). It's not like Brolin's character stole the money or did anything wrong. It had that feel-good story to it if he had gotten away. And he was pretty cool badass in his own right and pretty smart to be going up against a professional killer. Anyway, still an awesome flick.

Last edited:
There Will Be Blood
Full Metal Jacket
The Godfather II
Reqium for a Dream
City of God

As far as my favorite movies goes, the top 5 won't contain Citizen Kane type films. I appreciate and like those types of movies, but movies to me are still entertainment and I don't throw on Doctor Zhivago to waste a few hours. My top 5 rotates, but it would probably be:
1. Goodfellas- for sure
2. Aliens
3. Terminator 2
4. Jurassic Park
5. Tombstone
(Honorable Mention: The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions)

The Last of the Mohicans
Aliens
Memento
Back to the Future
The Silence of the Lambs / L.A. Confidential

Casablanca
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Total Recall
Metropolis
To Live and Die in L.A./Chinatown/Papillion/Blade Runner/Citizen Kane/Rocky IV

I change my "favorite" lists all the time though, because people can change. Everybody can change.

I just noticed not 1 mention of SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION? come on guys...

Braveheart
Jaws
Dances With Wolves
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan

Casablanca
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Total Recall
Metropolis
To Live and Die in L.A./Chinatown/Papillion/Blade Runner/Citizen Kane/Rocky IV

I change my "favorite" lists all the time though, because people can change. Everybody can change.

Yeah I agree . . . Especially for a top 5 list.

- Apocalypse Now
- Point Break
- Gladiator
- One of the Batman movies, probably either the 1989 version with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson, or Batman Begins
- Anchorman (token comedy, subject to change)

Probably something like

1. Ran
2. Sonatine
3. Naked
4. Brazil
5. Nostalghia

Top Gun

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Halloween

Rocky (Series)

The Terminator/T2

So damn many others to list. Basically, my Top 20 are all 10/10 in my book, so it's too hard to just pick 5.

The princess bride
Die hard
Tombstone
Shawshank redemption
Aladdin

These are my top 5 cuz I can put them in at anytime and never get tired of watching them.

City of God
Battle Royale
Children of Men
Rocky
The Warriors

Last edited:
Braveheart
Tombstone
Pulp Fiction
Gladiator
a fifth is tough...

Maybe V for Vendetta, Caddyshack, Sin City, and honestly I really really liked Guardians of the Galaxy

Back