5. Hacksaw Ridge
4. Alexander
3. Das Boot
2. All Quiet on the Western Front
1. Full Metal Jacket

Alexander???
GTFO lol
View attachment 1012559

And any list without Blackhawk Down is ass. I knew people involved and they say that movie is dead on.

LOL, I remember seeing Alexander in theatres with some buddies and like one minute in Anthony Hopkin’s narration starts “they say the only thing that could ever conquer Alexander was Hephaestion’s thighs” and I whispered to my buddy “I sure hope he’s talking about that guy’s grappling skills”.

I watched this the other day and it was very good. Sad what happened to these interpreters. I was good friends with one at one of my tech jobs. He sat next to me and would tell me crazy stories. He was Kurdish, from Iraq and would interview the guys that the American's would bring in for questioning. Eventually his life was in danger and some American's helped him move out here to Cali.

MV5BNmQzOWZhOTMtZTcxNC00MTdkLWEwYmUtOWVmOTFhNTdkNjRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk2NDQ3MTA@._V1_.jpg

Best French Foreign Legion films .

1917 was a low key masterpiece.

On a similar note, I was underwhelmed with the new All Quiet on the Western Front. It was fantastic cinematography, with mediocre storytelling.

I watched this the other day and it was very good. Sad what happened to these interpreters. I was good friends with one at one of my tech jobs. He sat next to me and would tell me crazy stories. He was Kurdish, from Iraq and would interview the guys that the American's would bring in for questioning. Eventually his life was in danger and some American's helped him move out here to Cali.

MV5BNmQzOWZhOTMtZTcxNC00MTdkLWEwYmUtOWVmOTFhNTdkNjRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk2NDQ3MTA@._V1_.jpg

It was good. Dar Salim deserves some consideration for best supporting actor.

Back