Your Impressions After a Failed Drug Test

nahh, bad drugs are mmkay

good drugs are the shit <Moves>
The true is, Drugs are really not bad. Only the amount you take can be a Problem.
Everything can be bad for your health, just look at the fat People... just eating Food, its just Food brahh...

The true is, Drugs are really not bad. Only the amount you take can be a Problem.
Everything can be bad for your health, just look at the fat People... just eating Food, its just Food brahh...

Shoot yourself in a leg. Just once. One timer cannot be bad for your health, right?

That's the equivalent of taking drugs.

Shoot yourself in a leg. Just once. One timer cannot be bad for your health, right?

That's the equivalent of taking drugs.
Thats not a equivalent.
No really, have you expirience with any Kind of drugs?
Have you ever drank alcohol... is it like Shooting your leg? Imagine, alcohol is more dangerous than most "bad" drugs...
Eating sugar is way more dangerous too. True Story.

So we all know that "Vai Cavalo" recently failed a USADA drug test. So that begs the question (to me at least): how does it make you feel when a fighter fails a drug test?
- Do you believe it's somehow a mistake, and said fighter is innocent? (think JDS)
- Do you believe that said fighter made a mistake with his/her supplements? Still a positive test, but out of carelessness instead of malicious intent?
- Do you believe the fighter had been clean throughout their career, and recently decided that he/she needed an advantage for whatever reason (old age, diminished skills, injury recovery, etc.)
- Do you believe that a failed test means that said fighter has been juicing the entirety of their career?

I'm supremely disappointed in Werdum after today's news. I really enjoy his fighting style, and IMO ignorance is not an excuse - 99% of pro athletes take supplements, but it's still their responsibility to know what they are consuming. That being said, failing one drug test is not proof that someone has been taking PED's their entire career (IMO). I don't want this to be specific to Fabricio Werdum. MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?
One thing I know is once you have been popped once, no matter what the reason...your whole career is now in question

False story. Completely false and unproven story.
How many People are dying bc of cardiovascular diseases or tumors...

Every sommer in Greece die at least 20 People bc of drinking alcohol.
I dont even want to imagine how many People are dying in russia bc of alcohol every sommer...

Every sommer in Greece die at least 20 People bc of drinking alcohol.
I dont even want to imagine how many People are dying in russia bc of alcohl every sommer...

And how does it prove that alcohol is worse than drugs?
I'm trying to understand the process that goes in your little head...

And how does it prove that alcohol is worse than drugs?
I'm trying to understand the process that goes in your little head...
People are dying bc of Alcohol = alcohol bad
Alot more People are dying bc of alcohol than bc of drugs = alcohol worse than drugs.

This is the simple process that goes in my Little head.

People are dying bc of Alcohol = alcohol bad
Alot more People are dying bc of alcohol than bc of drugs = alcohol worse than drugs.

This is the simple process that goes in my Little head.

Indeed, the process is simple and the head is little.

Have you taken exposure of a certain population to the mentioned substances into consideration? Continuation of usage? Other factors that influence the statistics?

The topic becomes too complicated to you. Just give up

So we all know that "Vai Cavalo" recently failed a USADA drug test. So that begs the question (to me at least): how does it make you feel when a fighter fails a drug test?
- Do you believe it's somehow a mistake, and said fighter is innocent? (think JDS)
- Do you believe that said fighter made a mistake with his/her supplements? Still a positive test, but out of carelessness instead of malicious intent?
- Do you believe the fighter had been clean throughout their career, and recently decided that he/she needed an advantage for whatever reason (old age, diminished skills, injury recovery, etc.)
- Do you believe that a failed test means that said fighter has been juicing the entirety of their career?

I'm supremely disappointed in Werdum after today's news. I really enjoy his fighting style, and IMO ignorance is not an excuse - 99% of pro athletes take supplements, but it's still their responsibility to know what they are consuming. That being said, failing one drug test is not proof that someone has been taking PED's their entire career (IMO). I don't want this to be specific to Fabricio Werdum. MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?
My reaction

<Fedor23>

They’re all using, some get caught, is normal.

Indeed, the process is simple and the head is little.

Have you taken exposure of a certain population to the mentioned substances into consideration? Continuation of usage? Other factors that influence the statistics?

The topic becomes too complicated to you. Just give up
Dont Need to get offensive. You are not telling something different than i am.
Alcohl is way worse, even sugar and the answer why is included in what you are saying.

Alot more People are consuming alcohol and sugar, they are consuming those substans way too often and dont stop. People are dying and get hospitalise.

In the Neatherlands weed is legal... how many People have die bc of weed?
If i understand right, you believe that when a drug is being legalize there is going to be more use of it.
Well that is not the case. There are People that dont like weed, well they never going to smoke, there are People that like weed, they will smoke, even if its illegal. Same with the other drugs.
How many People have die bc of LSD... 20 maybe? how many have die from cocaine... 300? how many from heroin... 1.000? all of that in the history of mankind. How many have die bc of alcohol and how many bc of too much sugar... couples of millions... How many have die bc of PEDs... 30 Bodybuilders?

It's impossible to lose on PEDs and they make you the greatest of all time.

That's what Sherdog told me at least, so that's my impression.

At this point I assume every fighter is on something

Is normal

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

I just come to Sherdog to laugh at the reactions and threads. I don't hate on the fighters because this sport was built on steroids, and to deny everybody uses is silly.

lol, there was no need him to call you an idiot, but your post did not make that very clear. I interpreted it the same way as he did.

I'm not sure what exactly you misinterpreted in my post. I'm simply saying having a rule you can't enforce in a sport doesn't make sense. You could make up an arbitrary rule such as fighters are not allowed to eat eggs but if you can't enforce what fighters are eating in privacy then the rule shouldn't exist in the first place. Drug testing does not ensure fighters are clean, it only shows who gets caught. All of this shit is smoke and mirrors about who is clean and who isn't.

No one knows who is clean and thats the problem. Unless fighters are locked up and all activities are monitored you don't know what going on. Thats why you continue to see guys pop for something all the time because they can't enforce it.

I'm not sure what exactly you misinterpreted in my post. I'm simply saying having a rule you can't enforce in a sport doesn't make sense. You could make up an arbitrary rule such as fighters are not allowed to eat eggs but if you can't enforce what fighters are eating in privacy then the rule shouldn't exist in the first place. Drug testing does not ensure fighters are clean, it only shows who gets caught. All of this shit is smoke and mirrors about who is clean and who isn't.

No one knows who is clean and thats the problem. Unless fighters are locked up and all activities are monitored you don't know what going on. Thats why you continue to see guys pop for something all the time because they can't enforce it.

Yeah I understand it now. It seemed like you were speaking about rules in general. I believe you said something like "like all rules" as opposed to "as opposed to "all combat sports rules."

In hindsight, maybe I should have realized that was implied since this is an mma forum. But conversations often go off on tangents on here so I guess I didn't. I would prefer no drug testing as well (or even ufc doctors running the ped show so everyone is safe but can perform at their best)

Back