Your Impressions After a Failed Drug Test

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So we all know that "Vai Cavalo" recently failed a USADA drug test. So that begs the question (to me at least): how does it make you feel when a fighter fails a drug test?
- Do you believe it's somehow a mistake, and said fighter is innocent? (think JDS)
- Do you believe that said fighter made a mistake with his/her supplements? Still a positive test, but out of carelessness instead of malicious intent?
- Do you believe the fighter had been clean throughout their career, and recently decided that he/she needed an advantage for whatever reason (old age, diminished skills, injury recovery, etc.)
- Do you believe that a failed test means that said fighter has been juicing the entirety of their career?

I'm supremely disappointed in Werdum after today's news. I really enjoy his fighting style, and IMO ignorance is not an excuse - 99% of pro athletes take supplements, but it's still their responsibility to know what they are consuming. That being said, failing one drug test is not proof that someone has been taking PED's their entire career (IMO). I don't want this to be specific to Fabricio Werdum. MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?

I’m not naive so I’m aware that more professional fighters use PEDs that don’t.

For every guys that pops, another 10 are using and don’t get caught. PEDs don’t bother me. I’m interested in seeing the best fighters and the best matchups.

Probably the same reason as Anderson Silva.

Got old, slow, and wanted to keep up with the young stallions.

*cough*Brazilian*cough*

tenor.gif

MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?

I don't care because there is no proof on who uses PEDs, there is just proof on who gets caught. My thought is if you can't accurately police a rule then that rule should not exist in the first place. Also this is the sport the encourages guys to cheat the weight classes by temporarily sucking water out of their body and we are going to worry about guys using substances that help them recover? Give me a break....

Don't know about you but when I think JDS I think of someone scrambling for an excuse and found some dodgy pharmacies in Brazil to lay the blame. God Bless Brazil.
Also official view on JDS was he wasn't innocent, he still made a mistake and still got suspended, just happened he had already served more than the 6 months he was given.

Most are guilty, but a small portion are innocent. Don’t be so quick to judge. Supplement companies are like the wild Wild West still, especially in Brazil.

Juicing should be mandatory. This is cage fighting. I'm here to be entertained.

The crazy cardio Werdum showed in his fight with Tybura was very suspicious.

This pretty much validates the suspicion...

For every guys that pops, another 10 are using and don’t get caught. PEDs don’t bother me. I’m interested in seeing the best fighters and the best matchups.

No rules huh? So whats next......can they use baseball bats when they fight as well?

This.

I mean people think that top athletes are using? They are that much more skilled than their opponent who hasn't gotten popped.

The injuries and shit... You need the help to keep going.

My thought is if you can't accurately police a rule then that rule should not exist in the first place.

So we shoudnt have speed limits? DUI's? Most laws on the books?

Idiot........

No rules huh? So whats next......can they use baseball bats when they fight as well?
A cage fight is a cage fight. Two men enter and whoever wants it more wins.

One day you’ll grow up and realize the most successful people in the world “cheated” to get there. Give it time.

You're 10 times more likely to throw a boomerang on them.....FACT

Don't know about you but when I think JDS I think of someone scrambling for an excuse and found some dodgy pharmacies in Brazil to lay the blame. God Bless Brazil.
Also official view on JDS was he wasn't innocent, he still made a mistake and still got suspended, just happened he had already served more than the 6 months he was given.
True that. My mistake for over simplifying it. Thanks for giving a little more background.

Back