Your Impressions After a Failed Drug Test

I’m not naive so I’m aware that more professional fighters use PEDs that don’t.

For every guys that pops, another 10 are using and don’t get caught. PEDs don’t bother me. I’m interested in seeing the best fighters and the best matchups.

LOL. I'm so glad you're not in charge of important things in this world. There's a reason PEDs are banned. They doing horrible things to fighters bodies long-term. If you allow PEDs, then basically every fighter needs to take them to compete, and thus must incur significant negative effects later in life.

You're either incredibly naive and uninformed, or you're a selfish sociopath. Fighters already have enough risk with CTE later in life. We should at least strive for a PED free sport, so they don't suffer from steroid use later on as well.

There are a few cases where the substance offers no particular anabolic or cardio benefit (like Machida's case, plus he openly declared he was taking that supplement) where it might be a misunderstanding.

I used to hold out the possibility of unknowingly ingesting a tainted supplement, but I think we've progressed to the point where certain supplements are intentionally "tainted," because then there's a big market for those supplements because fighters can use them then have deniability if popped. What I'm saying is that manufacturers intentionally market a tainted product, fighters know which ones do, and they take them, intentionally.

Generally speaking, we've seen so many deny, and have given the benefit of the doubt, and they all pretty much have been dirty in the end, so I no longer really listen to most of the denials.

"I'm sorry. I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry."

I think we've progressed to the point where certain supplements are intentionally "tainted," because then there's a big market for those supplements because fighters can use them then have deniability if popped. What I'm saying is that manufacturers intentionally market a tainted product, fighters know which ones do, and they take them, intentionally.

This is a very interesting point that I've never considered before. It makes perfect sense even if it is a little cynical. Whether this theory has validity or not, I appreciate you sharing and giving a rarely considered POV.

LOL. I'm so glad you're not in charge of important things in this world. There's a reason PEDs are banned. They doing horrible things to fighters bodies long-term. If you allow PEDs, then basically every fighter needs to take them to compete, and thus must incur significant negative effects later in life.

You're either incredibly naive and uninformed, or you're a selfish sociopath. Fighters already have enough risk with CTE later in life. We should at least strive for a PED free sport, so they don't suffer from steroid use later on as well.

Plus by banning them we are at least making sure that when people do cheat they have to at least be sensible with their cycles and dose to avoid detection. Really would hate the pre-drug test MMA coming back were every other HW looks like Brock Lesnar. I still think professional athletes will cheat but that doesn't mean the tests are a bad thing or pointless.

I can guarantee I’m just as educated on steroids and their short/long term effects as you bud. It’s their lives to decide. It’s their bodies to ruin.

This is a very interesting point that I've never considered before. It makes perfect sense even if it is a little cynical. Whether this theory has validity or not, I appreciate you sharing and giving a rarely considered POV.

Yes, it is cynical. It's more a result of how much more often we hear that reason/excuse being used now. Are we to believe that quality control in supplements, as well as fighters "accidentally" taking more and more of the ones with the poor quality control, is going downhill? Seems opposite of what one would expect.

PEDs don't work in MMA. Period.
PED's don't help you hit a baseball, nor do they help you land a punch - that's all about coordination IMO. When a drug cheat DOES connect either on a pitch or a punch though... it has the potential to be much more devastating than if a non-PED user were to do the same.

PED's don't help you hit a baseball, nor do they help you land a punch - that's all about coordination IMO. When a drug cheat DOES connect either on a pitch or a punch though... it has the potential to be much more devastating than if a non-PED user were to do the same.

They do help you train for many, many more hours because they help the body recover and reduce inflammation (steroids do). That training doesn't just build more muscle, but translates into increased practice and repetition, as well.

They do help you train for many, many more hours because they help the body recover and reduce inflammation (steroids do). That training doesn't just build more muscle, but translates into increased practice and repetition, as well.
Absolutely. I was just using baseball as an example of how steroids don't improve overall skill. You are totally correct that the main advantage of steroids comes from training and recovery.

If you fail a drug test all the "wins" on your MMA record become NCs instead for example Jon Jones who has multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole should be 0-1-22NC.

drugs are bad mmkay ( some good ones )

If you fail a drug test all the "wins" on your MMA record become NCs instead for example Jon Jones who has multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole should be 0-1-22NC.
But why? I agree that once an athlete fails a drug test their entire career is under suspicion (and once you fail more than one your credibility is out the window lol). There is still no way to prove that Bones Jones was cheating for more than 2 of his fights (200 and 214, correct?)

Don't really care as I believe most are doing so when someone gets caught I can't be surprised. I look at it like baseball really we go some many years without guys hitting 40 homeruns next thing you know its a common thing so even when that guy doesn't get caught you look at him side eyed same thing in fighting

But why? I agree that once an athlete fails a drug test their entire career is under suspicion (and once you fail more than one your credibility is out the window lol). There is still no way to prove that Bones Jones was cheating for more than 2 of his fights (200 and 214, correct?)

If anything the punishment of turning all wins into NCs will make any MMA fighter think twice about taking PEDs.

“PEDs don’t work in MMA” hahahaha

Training is performance enhancing.
Taking drugs to train longer and harder is not performance enhancing.

Go it.

At this point I couldn’t care less, maybe they all just eat horse meat.

Back