Your Impressions After a Failed Drug Test

Jesus christ you are dense. I'm talking about MMA rules you fucking idiot .....not laws set up by legislature.

and the rules regarding the use of prohibited substances in a sanctioned fight are setup by who? joe the plumber?

My impressions is that it's not as dangerous in MMA as it is in Cycling or Baseball. You could kill somebody juicing up in Baseball or Cycling.

Don't know about you but when I think JDS I think of someone scrambling for an excuse and found some dodgy pharmacies in Brazil to lay the blame. God Bless Brazil.
Also official view on JDS was he wasn't innocent, he still made a mistake and still got suspended, just happened he had already served more than the 6 months he was given.
Maybe, but then also maybe most of the pharmacies in Brazil are dodgy

I tend to believe everyone who tests positive is guilty until proven innocent

2ugeav9.jpg

Werdum got $340,000 for his last loss (at the very least)
I wonder if at this point of his career he would really risk that income to take something on purpose...

Don't care unless it's Jon Jones because he's all saying in his early interviews how he used to rat out pot smokers at school.

my reaction

*all you motherfuckers are on steroids*

damn lord beerus beat me to it

You have obviously never played a competitive sport because if so then PEDs SHOULD bother you. Especially in a sport like MMA where really your objective is to break your opponent. Everybody wants a clean sport so with all these guys popping it's a sad sight to see.

But, Fabricio is getting older, came off that KO loss, maybe he wanted something to help and didn't think he would get tested so soon. Idk, but you should certainly want a clean sport, especially when the best fighters may be the best because of the enhancers in there body making them able to push limits & build muscle mass that clean fighters cant

I’m not naive so I’m aware that more professional fighters use PEDs that don’t.

For every guys that pops, another 10 are using and don’t get caught. PEDs don’t bother me. I’m interested in seeing the best fighters and the best matchups.

So we all know that "Vai Cavalo" recently failed a USADA drug test. So that begs the question (to me at least): how does it make you feel when a fighter fails a drug test?
- Do you believe it's somehow a mistake, and said fighter is innocent? (think JDS)
- Do you believe that said fighter made a mistake with his/her supplements? Still a positive test, but out of carelessness instead of malicious intent?
- Do you believe the fighter had been clean throughout their career, and recently decided that he/she needed an advantage for whatever reason (old age, diminished skills, injury recovery, etc.)
- Do you believe that a failed test means that said fighter has been juicing the entirety of their career?

I'm supremely disappointed in Werdum after today's news. I really enjoy his fighting style, and IMO ignorance is not an excuse - 99% of pro athletes take supplements, but it's still their responsibility to know what they are consuming. That being said, failing one drug test is not proof that someone has been taking PED's their entire career (IMO). I don't want this to be specific to Fabricio Werdum. MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?
How is taking Testosteron, steroids, HGH, Sarms a cheat if everybody in high Level professional Sport does it.
There is no cheat, if you want to compete you must dedicate your self to the Sport and enhance yourself the best possible. PEDs are a "must be" to high lvl professional Sport.
So if someone gets caught is just a hypocrite Show from USADA and fans side.

LOL. I'm so glad you're not in charge of important things in this world. There's a reason PEDs are banned. They doing horrible things to fighters bodies long-term. If you allow PEDs, then basically every fighter needs to take them to compete, and thus must incur significant negative effects later in life.

You're either incredibly naive and uninformed, or you're a selfish sociopath. Fighters already have enough risk with CTE later in life. We should at least strive for a PED free sport, so they don't suffer from steroid use later on as well.
Sorry but you are an idiot.
Have you expirience with PED`s, are you a user yourself, are you in prefessional sports with a Team behind you?
PEDs does harm your Body like marshmallows do. If you take too much of them, like everything else in this world, yes even water, you can poison, resp. harm yourself.
Bodybuilders overdo PEDs, some of the Bodybuilders have even die... most Bodybuilders live happy lives without having harm themselfs.
Bodybuilders use mostly bro science and dont have a professional Team behind them. They just use PEDs and take care of eachother. MMA fighters have a whole Team behind them, doctors and they don't even use the amount that is needed to get bad side effects (Bodybuilders). There is way more dangerous for your health to eat dirty (fast Food), than to take PEDs.
In professional Sport should PEDs be mandatory, we Need to stop this hypocrisy.

So we all know that "Vai Cavalo" recently failed a USADA drug test. So that begs the question (to me at least): how does it make you feel when a fighter fails a drug test?
- Do you believe it's somehow a mistake, and said fighter is innocent? (think JDS)
- Do you believe that said fighter made a mistake with his/her supplements? Still a positive test, but out of carelessness instead of malicious intent?
- Do you believe the fighter had been clean throughout their career, and recently decided that he/she needed an advantage for whatever reason (old age, diminished skills, injury recovery, etc.)
- Do you believe that a failed test means that said fighter has been juicing the entirety of their career?

I'm supremely disappointed in Werdum after today's news. I really enjoy his fighting style, and IMO ignorance is not an excuse - 99% of pro athletes take supplements, but it's still their responsibility to know what they are consuming. That being said, failing one drug test is not proof that someone has been taking PED's their entire career (IMO). I don't want this to be specific to Fabricio Werdum. MMA fans seem to be incredibly harsh towards drug cheats compared to fans of other sports, so how does the average Sherdog poster feel after a fighter fails a test?

Out of principle, I don't care about the use of PEDs. I think their use should be encouraged and regulated by doctors to ensure they are used safely. So, to me, a failed drug test is the same as a really bad injury (or required military service like korean zombie had). All it means is that I don't get to see that fighter fight any time soon :(

Depends on circumstances and their explanation.

I am highly suspect of yoel but his story checks out.
I am extremely suspect on Jones and his story is laughable.

Machida is a text book example of a guy who officially has a failed test but I don't think is cheating at all.

There are a few cases where the substance offers no particular anabolic or cardio benefit (like Machida's case, plus he openly declared he was taking that supplement) where it might be a misunderstanding.

I used to hold out the possibility of unknowingly ingesting a tainted supplement, but I think we've progressed to the point where certain supplements are intentionally "tainted," because then there's a big market for those supplements because fighters can use them then have deniability if popped. What I'm saying is that manufacturers intentionally market a tainted product, fighters know which ones do, and they take them, intentionally.

Generally speaking, we've seen so many deny, and have given the benefit of the doubt, and they all pretty much have been dirty in the end, so I no longer really listen to most of the denials.

It gives them a story that is verified so rarely that I think you are reaching.

One failed test due to your product and you lose that excuse moving forward.

The supplement industry has very lax oversight in basically every country that tainted products are not surprising at all. And I am not just talking about muscle and fitness supplements but everything down to the joint formula your granny swears by(which is where the real money is).

I don't care because there is no proof on who uses PEDs, there is just proof on who gets caught. My thought is if you can't accurately police a rule then that rule should not exist in the first place. Also this is the sport the encourages guys to cheat the weight classes by temporarily sucking water out of their body and we are going to worry about guys using substances that help them recover? Give me a break....

I don't quite understand the logic behind your thoughts on rules that "can't be policed." It seems like you want to reverse the default hypothesis. As it stands now, you are assumed to be clean unless you are caught cheating. This is the same standard for all (most?) rules. You might not be able to prove I murdered the old pawnbroker with an axe. That doesn't mean it should be allowed.

Jesus christ you are dense. I'm talking about MMA rules you fucking idiot .....not laws set up by legislature.

lol, there was no need him to call you an idiot, but your post did not make that very clear. I interpreted it the same way as he did.

LOL. I'm so glad you're not in charge of important things in this world. There's a reason PEDs are banned. They doing horrible things to fighters bodies long-term. If you allow PEDs, then basically every fighter needs to take them to compete, and thus must incur significant negative effects later in life.

You're either incredibly naive and uninformed, or you're a selfish sociopath. Fighters already have enough risk with CTE later in life. We should at least strive for a PED free sport, so they don't suffer from steroid use later on as well.

a post like this requires academic sources to verify its claims. You also have no idea whether or not the person you quoted is "in charge of important things in this world."

Back