• American Beauty

• The Blair Witch Project

• Eyes Wide Shut

• Sleepy Hollow

• Any Given Sunday

• Office Space

• Cruel Intentions

Results are only viewable after voting.
Inspired by @Agent Mulder's Hair's thread on the best movies of 1996, I propose we also delve into 1999. It was another monster year for films.

This year produced films that were thought-provoking (The Matrix, Fight Club), innovative (The Blair Witch Project) and just a hell of a lot of fun (The Mummy, Sleepy Hollow). And it also saw the release of one that would live on in infamy (Phantom Menace)!

Much like with 1996, when I look back at this line-up, I'm pretty amazed that all these great movies came out in a single year.
Movies released in the 80's were better than the 90's overall. I went with Episode I. Even though it hasn't aged well, and gets a lot of hate, there was no movie in 1999 that I anticipated more.

Movies released in the 80's were better than the 90's overall. I went with Episode I. Even though it hasn't aged well, and gets a lot of hate, there was no movie in 1999 that I anticipated more.

I was wondering how many people would go with Episode 1 . . . if anyone would. The Force was strong enough to attract four voters.

WHere the hell is 10 things I hate about you. Easily the best movie of this year and arguably greatest of all time. And before you say oh another lakersfan45 movie the movie has a large following and they have showings of it all the time. Saw it at a park in LA last year and at Million dollar heater this year

Roomforromeobrassa.jpg

I love Fight Club, Office Space, Cruel Intentions and The Green Mile, but American Beauty is on my top ten list of favorite movies.

Some good films there. Voted office space, love that film, any given Sunday was a close second, good year for movies this was

I've always thought Fight Club and The Matrix were overrated. American Beauty was alright. The Green Mile was good. Office Space was the most enjoyable of any of those movies, to be honest.
It's like you're inside my brain reading my thoughts.

I went with American Pie, whilst it's not the best movie it's one I still laugh at to this day.

Surprised Green Mile has so few votes.

Where is Being John Malkovich on this list?

Since it's not on the list I'm voting for The Phantom Menace out of spite.

Might as well do a top 10 for this one also

1. Eyes Wide Shut
2. The Matrix
3. American Beauty
4. Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai
5. Storm of the Century
6. Blair Witch
7. Jeanne d'Arc
8. Fight Club
9. The Mummy
10. Ravenous

In contention: Dogma, The Green Mile, Super 8

Kind of a weak year all-in-all.

american pie,because it still makes me laugh to this day.

The Matrix is the correct answer but there's some other solid gold movies listed as well.

Tough call between Matrix and Fight Club. Going with Fight Club.
I remember we all thought American Beauty was a masterpiece when it came out. Can't for the life of me remember why today. Haven't seen it since, don't even remember what it was about.

The Matrix, American Beauty, and Fight Club were all movies I loved back when they were new but they've aged like sour milk for me, decent for their time but not that great looking back at them now.

For my vote it came down to The Green Mile and Any Given Sunday, I'd have to lean towards Any Given Sunday as my favorite from this year. The Sixth Sense and Office Space were also good. Overall another pretty weak year for movies imo.

Back