Your body weight and how much can you bench?

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

I think the bench is the hardest movement to master. Anyone can just power through a squat but a bench press will humble the fuck out of you, unless you use a 1 inch ROM and giant belly bounce

Just benched 370 no lift off, spotter or wrist wraps. With a proper set up, it actually felt easier than my shitty warm up reps.

405 is so close now

I think the bench is the hardest movement to master. Anyone can just power through a squat but a bench press will humble the fuck out of you, unless you use a 1 inch ROM and giant belly bounce

Im going to have to completely disagree with this.

squatting is such a mental game most people bitch out or don't even hit 90 (my opinion you should be breaking 90). when it comes to grinding a squat out most people won't even dare to get near that grind.

just my opinion though.

squatting is such a mental game most people bitch out or don't even hit 90 (my opinion you should be breaking 90). when it comes to grinding a squat out most people won't even dare to get near that grind.

just my opinion though.
It's different for me because I train without a spotter on the bench, raises the stakes a bit

Depends on what weight i'm at. Stand 5'10. At 155, 230. At 165, 265. At 175, teh 275.

just my opinion though.
Ever got under 400+ lbs on the bench?

Ever got under 400+ lbs on the bench?

The weight one is doing doesnt matter in this situation. what is difficult for one may not be challenging for another. it doesn't change my mind that squating is much more of a mental game then benching will ever be.

to answer your question no, 275 for 3 at 170 is the best I've done.

since you brought it up post a video of you doing it

The weight one is doing doesnt matter in this situation. what is difficult for one may not be challenging for another. it doesn't change my mind that squating is much more of a mental game then benching will ever be.

275x3! Oh im not nearly as strong as you...

There are many lifters that are naturally inclined to be great squatters, benchers, or deadlifters. Most have one lift they struggle with, some will have a mental block with the squat or the bench. It will vary from person to person.

Last edited:
275x3! Oh im not nearly as strong as you...

wow bro your so cool you literally asked me how much i could bench, did i say I'm the strongest person ever? no

its lifters like you that are cunts you think your better cause you can bench me more then someone. i don't even train for strength its counter productive to what i do (bjj, muay thai)

There are many lifters that are naturally inclined to be great squatters, benchers, or deadlifters. Most have one lift they struggle with, some will have a mental block with the squat or the bench. It will vary from person to person.

i know that which is why in my previous post i said IMO

lets see your lifts

wow bro your so cool you literally asked me how much i could bench, did i say I'm the strongest person ever? no

its lifters like you that are cunts you think your better cause you can bench me more then someone. i don't even train for strength its counter productive to what i do (bjj, muay thai)
I never asked how much you bench. I certainly don't think I'm better than you because I lift more weight. However, I am more knowledeable than you about lifting.

I never asked how much you bench. I certainly don't think I'm better than you because I lift more weight. However, I am more knowledeable than you about lifting.

you asked me if i could bench 400 that to me insinuates what i can actually do, i think its funny that from one thread you think you have more knowledge then someone based off of nothing.

Back