You should only be paid what you bring to the company

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this not a fair statement to make? I see too many champs like DJ, Woodley and others asking for more money and 'money fights' but they're not bringing much to the company and in fact some of these guys like DJ are a net loss to the company. My question is where did they get this idea from that they can ask for whatever money they want without bringing much in terms of PPV or selling tickets? Do they not realize that the UFC is a business which needs to reduce expenses and increase revenues to please their many shareholders with a strong financial position? Do they not realize that UFC owes it to their creditors to pay back the interest on their huge loans? These fighters need to understand that you can't be looking at Conor and then claim you're underpaid, Conor has helped bring millions in PPV buys, has helped sell out MSG and other large arenas and is responsible for increasing the value of the UFC by billions; it can be argued that he's underpaid given how profitable he is for the company, whereas these other guys are not. Most of these guys are overpaid because they're not bringing much in PPV/ticket sales, so if we go by how a business should operate these guys would need to take a pay cut or be fired.. but no. They're still getting six figure pay checks and they're still complaining. It's unbelievable.

Sounds good. I'll tell your boss that you should only be paid for how much you bring to your company

Stopped reading at "in fact dj is a net loss", how did you figure that out?

This was too long a post for me to read but based on the thread title and the username of the poster...I'm willing to bet this was a pro mcgregor fight and hated on every other fighter (aka wannabe mcgregors)
Man there have been some shitty threads lately
Also... if mcgregor gets you 1 million buys but only fights once every 18 months, then getting 300k buys and fighting every 4 months is more valuable lol

Stopped reading at "in fact dj is a net loss", how did you figure that out?
He can't sell PPVs and he can't sell tickets. I like DJ a lot but he is a net drain on the company (money wise) the whole flyweight division is so it's not all his fault. I would argue that a lot of the female divisions post-Rousey are a net loss as well.

Net loss? They profit every event.

These guys risks their brains and bodies. I would like to see them all get a raise if anything

Is this not a fair statement to make? I see too many champs like DJ, Woodley and others asking for more money and 'money fights' but they're not bringing much to the company and in fact some of these guys like DJ are a net loss to the company. My question is where did they get this idea from that they can ask for whatever money they want without bringing much in terms of PPV or selling tickets? Do they not realize that the UFC is a business which needs to reduce expenses and increase revenues to please their many shareholders with a strong financial position? Do they not realize that UFC owes it to their creditors to pay back the interest on their huge loans? These fighters need to understand that you can't be looking at Conor and then claim you're underpaid, Conor has helped bring millions in PPV buys, has helped sell out MSG and other large arenas and is responsible for increasing the value of the UFC by billions; it can be argued that he's underpaid given how profitable he is for the company, whereas these other guys are not. Most of these guys are overpaid because they're not bringing much in PPV/ticket sales, so if we go by how a business should operate these guys would need to take a pay cut or be fired.. but no. They're still getting six figure pay checks and they're still complaining. It's unbelievable.
Thanks for all the statistics and such that prove DJ is a "net loss." I'm now convinced.

It's barely even 200 words, is your attention span that bad? Maybe you need to refill your ADD medications buddy. Or it could be that you're just a low IQ person.
Awwww sorry for hurting your feelings

Net loss? They profit every event.

These guys risks their brains and bodies. I would like to see them all get a raise if anything
A lot of jobs involve risk and injury so I don't see what this has to do with anything. If you're not profitable for the company how can you expect huge payouts?

He said so, so it must be true.
Do I really need to bring up his PPV numbers? I mean it's a pretty indisputable fact that DJ and the flyweight division are a net loss for the company. And DJ is not alone mind you. There are a lot of overpaid fighters in the UFC who continue to complain and whine despite not bringing in much. Conor is carrying the whole brand and company at this point.

Thanks for all the statistics and such that prove DJ is a "net loss." I'm now convinced.
The reason why I didn't need to bring up stats and figures is because everyone knows it. It's kind of a cliche at this point that DJ can't sell PPVs. I didn't think this point would be disputed.

Do I really need to bring up his PPV numbers? I mean it's a pretty indisputable fact that DJ and the flyweight division are a net loss for the company. And DJ is not alone mind you. There are a lot of overpaid fighters in the UFC who continue to complain and whine despite not bringing in much. Conor is carrying the whole brand and company at this point.
Yes. Give me the PPV numbers from DJ's fights and net profit thereof and compare it against his salary. I'd love to see that.

The reason why I didn't need to bring up stats and figures is because everyone knows it. It's kind of a cliche at this point that DJ can't sell PPVs. I didn't think this point would be disputed.
His PPV numbers may indeed be low. But to say he is a "net loss" is a broad leap. There's a bunch of factors that in sure you're not even factoring. It's a stupid thing to say with zero proof to back it up.

Then show us the facts

Guys, we should know there is no point in arguing with mcgregor fanboys. Disagree and he will just tell you that your intelligence level is way below his. Because Conor fans are all Ivy League grads

To a large degree yes. But not everyone is going to be a superstar and you still need the guys who are not. It's also better for the sport if more guys can make a decent living doing it.

Ahhh mcnuthuggery at its best lol

You never stop do you?

Connors carrying the whole brand? Lol UFC has and will be around a lot longer then Connor and for all of those years it's been profitable. .DJ is one of the most recognizable fighters in the UFC and yeah he doesn't throw up record numbers yet but the UFC is far from hurting because of him lol

You sir make me laugh ...MODS need to start screening these fools post before we get to them save us sometime and help you get your head out of McGregor's ass

His PPV numbers may indeed be low. But to say he is a "net loss" is a broad leap. There's a bunch of factors that in sure you're not even factoring. It's a stupid thing to say with zero proof to back it up.
Then show us the facts
Very simple. It takes 145,000 buys for the UFC to break even. Here are the PPV numbers for the UFC events where DJ has headlined.

UFC 174 - Johnson vs. Bagauntiv - Buys: 115k (loss)
UFC 186 - Johnson vs. Horiguchi - Buys: 125k (loss)
UFC 191 - Johnson vs. Dodson 2 - Buys: 115k (loss)

Also Dana has stated that closing the flyweight division has always been an option that has been discussed before. Why would he think this if the division was profitable?

Back