You should only be paid what you bring to the company

Conor's got the entire game wrapped around his little finger.

Also, this notion that its flyweight thats responsible for nkt selling ppvs, nkt the promotion not knowing how to promote, is laughable. They cant ALL be weak links. They arent ALL unpromotable, its either there 30 weak links or the one promotion that has never built a star organically. Pick one.

It's under promoted and DJ is slicing the competition faster than UFC supplements their 125 division.

The 125 contenders are put on undercards, then are suddenly #1 contenders on the main event. It doesn't look good.

There are a whole lot of issues, but to pretend this is forever what 125 will be like, is a joke.

So undercard fighters should get paid nothing? Not that I even read that ridiculous, bolded wall of spew.

Very simple. It takes 145,000 buys for the UFC to break even. Here are the PPV numbers for the UFC events where DJ has headlined.

UFC 174 - Johnson vs. Bagauntiv - Buys: 115k (loss)
UFC 186 - Johnson vs. Horiguchi - Buys: 125k (loss)
UFC 191 - Johnson vs. Dodson 2 - Buys: 115k (loss)

Also Dana has stated that closing the flyweight division has always been an option that has been discussed before. Why would he think this if the division was profitable?

Then try and stack a card that he actually headlines like you do the other guys, let him headline some of these big badass events. If DJ has all the best fighters respect, then clearly he deserves his bosses and fans of martial arts respect.

So undercard fighters should get paid nothing? Not that I even read that ridiculous, bolded wall of spew.

Why would even go to the UFC? In TS' world, they offer nothing.

You can bring your value anywhere.

Everyone should get equal pay unless champion. Champions should all be equal, with each successful title defense your pay should increase.

Not fair at all as the company dictates who they push into the mainstream and give media and attention to. If they got behind some of the best martial artists and pushed their skills and used their marketing skills they could build a lot more stars imo. For instance, you dont have to push paige van zant and sage northcutts over the top fighters in their divisions. Market the Stipes etc, guys a killer, a fireman, etc . How hard can it be to make him a star.
The UFC can't just turn people into stars, man. They have to have the 'it' factor. Stipe doesn't have that, whereas Ngannou does, I mean his whole aesthetic speaks 'baddest man in the world' whereas Stipe just looks like a normal white guy. Also Ngannou has a whole continent on his side (Africa) which the UFC can tap into and he has amazing and flashy performances which mostly end in finishes. Stipe is great but will never be a star.

No that's not what I said. If you read the post you wouldn't be looking like a fool rn. Everyone should get a base pay obviously. My point was that a lot of fighters are asking for more money (DJ is asking for a million+) and money fights when they don't bring in much to the company.

The UFC can only do so much in terms of promotion it is the job of the fighter to learn to market themselves better if they want to increase their stock. This is a solo sport and is sports entertainment. If you can't entertain fans by your speculator performances then you need to learn how to talk and promote yourself better, the UFC can't do this for you, if you can't do this then you can't complain about pay.

The fighters job is to fight. If the promoter, whos sole job is to get people to watch fighters theyve signed while their logo is there, thats on them. Its nice if fighters talk and promote themselves but the ufc has conditioned idiots like you to think that its the responsibility of the fighter, and that the promoters job ISNT to get people to watch the fight. They dont just provise tbe stage, dummy, its in thekr best interest to get people to watch the fight. If people arent, its on the ufc, theyre the ones with the power to change that. A fighters job is to fight.

Its also not sports entertainment, every dork wants to use that term, just because the ufc is incompetent and in the stupid ages with stupid fans who make stupkd threads doesnt make it sports entertainment. Sports entertainment is a made up term by the wwe because they want to rebrand what they do, the ufc is a sport that fucking acts like a talent agency but treats people like independant contractors in responsibility but not in negotiating power nor any sort of negotiation period.

Basically, conor avatar, shut the fuck up when you talk to me.

The fighters job is to fight. If the promoter, whos sole job is to get people to watch fighters theyve signed while their logo is there, thats on them. Its nice if fighters talk and promote themselves but the ufc has conditioned idiots like you to think that its the responsibility of the fighter, and that the promoters job ISNT to get people to watch the fight. They dont just provise tbe stage, dummy, its in thekr best interest to get people to watch the fight. If people arent, its on the ufc, theyre the ones with the power to change that. A fighters job is to fight.

Its also not sports entertainment, every dork wants to use that term, just because the ufc is incompetent and in the stupid ages with stupid fans who make stupkd threads doesnt make it sports entertainment. Sports entertainment is a made up term by the wwe because they want to rebrand what they do, the ufc is a sport that fucking acts like a talent agency but treats people like independant contractors in responsibility but not in negotiating power nor any sort of negotiation period.

Basically, conor avatar, shut the fuck up when you talk to me.
It is the responsibility of the fighter IF they want to be paid more. Maybe you should read the point of the thread before commenting a wall of text that is mostly strawman lmao

Where are you coming up with 145,000 buys to break even? What about ticket sales?

How did you factor in that every single card produces a different amount of money being paid out depending on whos on the card?
TS is unable to back up anything he says. Apparently you're supposed to just believe everything he says as fact with zero proof. And apparently all FLWs fight on the same cards so it's very easy to quantify their value. Yet Conor fights on cards with Jon Jones and such yet all the money generated was from Conor.

Everyday I come here and destroy you middle aged buffoons with facts and logic. Nobody has refuted any of my points. You have people actually spending 2 pages trying to claim that DJ and his division are profitable for the company when he has the record for most low PPVs, lol. Unbelievable the amount of stupidity that exists in this forum.

It's under promoted and DJ is slicing the competition faster than UFC supplements their 125 division.

The 125 contenders are put on undercards, then are suddenly #1 contenders on the main event. It doesn't look good.

There are a whole lot of issues, but to pretend this is forever what 125 will be like, is a joke.

Oh yeah. Guys never get spots on shows and then the ufc puts them in a title fight and are BAFFLED why no one buys it
Its because youre putting them on fight pass prelims where 400k people max can see it.

Kyoji Horiguchi was on two main cards in his entire ufc tenure. Its a worthless waste of time
Just cut the fucking division, a company will utilize them somewhere.

Everyday I come here and destroy you middle aged buffoons with facts and logic. Nobody has refuted any of my points. You have people actually spending 2 pages trying to claim that DJ and his division are profitable for the company when he has the record for most low PPVs, lol. Unbelievable the amount of stupidity that exists in this forum.

Look i get youre a troll and i appreciate the attempt but commenting things like this makes you seem desperate. Dont go for responses, its easy to make people respond. Also, dont look like youre trying so hard.

Nakedly responding to your own thread. What a travesty.

Look i get youre a troll and i appreciate the attempt but commenting things like this makes you seem desperate. Dont go for responses, its easy to make people respond. Also, dont look like youre trying so hard.

Nakedly responding to your own thread. What a travesty.
I destroyed your strawman already and now you're desperate to clog up my notifications? You lost.

I destroyed your strawman already and now you're desperate to clog up my notifications? You lost.

You don't know the meaning of 25% of the words you use.

You look stupid.

The fighters are doing what anyone who wants to get a raise in this world has to do. You gotta go to your boss and demand it. If you dont ask for raises, companies wont come to you and say oh you been a good contributor here you go. Conor got what he wanted cause he demanded it. Nate was getting shit all, for years, he showed up busted his ass for the company, they didnt say hey Nate your stepping up for us here's a raise. Nope its only when he put a price on himself. When he said fuck you, thats when he got his money. Cowboy is another good example, huge crowd favorite, always exciting fights, steps up for the company whenever they ask. Is the UFC going out of there way to compensate him? He is a good company man, keeps quiet and thats why he is getting between 150k to 250k while guys like Werdum make 400k. Tony ferguson 500k. Cause they demanded it. So im not arguing whether or not DJ or whoever else is worth what they are asking for. I just understand that you need to put a value on yourself and you gotta fight for a raise. At the end of the day its up to the UFC to determine how much a guy is worth, they have all the numbers, and im sure if you ask for more then they deem worthy, they will let you walk.

No that's not what I said. If you read the post you wouldn't be looking like a fool rn. Everyone should get a base pay obviously. My point was that a lot of fighters are asking for more money (DJ is asking for a million+) and money fights when they don't bring in much to the company.

Well if you would learn to use paragraphs and maybe turn off the bold, more people would read your shit. But yeah I get what you're saying, and that is sort of how it is. There's no defined structure, but in reality fighters who bring in the bigger numbers will make more themselves.

The fighters are doing what anyone who wants to get a raise in this world has to do. You gotta go to your boss and demand it. If you dont ask for raises, companies wont come to you and say oh you been a good contributor here you go. Conor got what he wanted cause he demanded it. Nate was getting shit all, for years, he showed up busted his ass for the company, they didnt say hey Nate your stepping up for us here's a raise. Nope its only when he put a price on himself. When he said fuck you, thats when he got his money. Cowboy is another good example, huge crowd favorite, always exciting fights, steps up for the company whenever they ask. Is the UFC going out of there way to compensate him? He is a good company man, keeps quiet and thats why he is getting between 150k to 250k while guys like Werdum make 400k. Tony ferguson 500k. Cause they demanded it. So im not arguing whether or not DJ or whoever else is worth what they are asking for. I just understand that you need to put a value on yourself and you gotta fight for a raise. At the end of the day its up to the UFC to determine how much a guy is worth, they have all the numbers, and im sure if you ask for more then they deem worthy, they will let you walk.
Really great post and response to the discussion presented here. I agree with your point(s) made here. Other posters need to look at this post and see what a proper response looks like.

The UFC can only do so much in terms of promotion it is the job of the fighter to learn to market themselves better if they want to increase their stock. This is a solo sport and is sports entertainment. If you can't entertain fans by your speculator performances then you need to learn how to talk and promote yourself better, the UFC can't do this for you, if you can't do this then you can't complain about pay.

Sport entertainment?? Thought this was a combat sport called MMA..

Now WWE that's sport entertainment ..UFC that's surprose to be a sport league for MMA like NHL for hockey.. so again your wrong and just riding McGregor's nuts..

The UFC will always be profitable and here's why

All fighters are independent contractors meaning the UFC knows and can figure out the exact cost of each fighter on each card.

With that they can adjust fight lovations, ticket prices, figure whether it's tv worthy or ppv..ever notice how UFC ppv use to be 49.99 and now are close to 69.99 that's because fighters get paid more and the UFC is bigger so the price went up..Also an events revenue is not solely dependent on ppv buys..there's tickets sales,merchandise sales, portion of food &drink sales, and sponsor pays for advertising spots on the ring and what not..these all makes the UFC profitable everytime the difference is by how much. .

Also the UFC doesn't pay for fighters medicals,insurances or licenses which significantly drop there cost's as a promotion..

So again your an idiot..with no understanding how the UFC works..

Back