Yoel hate aside, wouldn't DC-YOEL be an amazing competitive fight you'd love to see?

Who's wrestling in the LHW division is even close to Yoel's? Probably only a roided Bones but he wrekt DC and trains with Yoel. Its a good matchup

Yoel is a great pure wrestler, but he has shown he can be taken down by MWs in the UFC multiple times. His TDD is not as good as his offensive wrestling. DC would probably toss him all over the ring

Reaper has good TDD but when has he faced anyone like D.C. or even a wrestler like Whineman? Yoel is not a great MMA wrestler and uses his wrestling defensively.

The Silva fight was anomalous and Silva still got destroyed. Everyone knows D.C. was taking it on him easy. Whittaker sure af ain't knocking out Stipe.
Agreed, beating Stipe its highly highly unlikely. But with DC theres a decent chance - Whittaker is taller, faster, has that Olympian like TDD and striking skillset to cause DC headaches esp with headkicks.

Obviously DC would be the favourite but i just think its a good fight for Rob. I think you know this too as you brought Stipe into this

I'd pay 65.95 to see it and take off work to watch.

DC took shots from Stipe & Rumble, wtf does Yoel have for DC?

It's a fantastic fight. But the idea that DC is ducking him by turning him down in favor of someone else is stupid.

Shogun fight is dumb as hell though.

Agreed, beating Stipe its highly highly unlikely. But with DC theres a decent chance - Whittaker is taller, faster, has that Olympian like TDD and striking skillset to cause DC headaches esp with headkicks.

Obviously DC would be the favourite but i just think its a good fight for Rob. I think you know this too as you brought Stipe into this
I'd like to see it, no doubt. I think D.C. performs much worse when he cuts tons of weight, but he loves Cain too much to perform at optimal weight. His fights at LHW have been much closer, and 40 year old life long wrestlers shouldn't be cutting 50 pounds every fight. The recent fad in the UFC has been: the more you cut, the worse you do, and the more you go up, the better you do.

Yoel probably walks around near 210-20ish and should just challenge for the HW belt. Weight cutting is silly but UFC loves its weight classes. I just doubt D.C. takes it, and tho I think he wins, he controls all the chips now and is chasing easier fights. He only chased harder fights because he had to control the chess board. As of now, he is considered G.O.A.T. by many, has not tested positive for roids, is the second champ champ in history and is in charge.

DC too strong and would impose his will until Yoel broke but I'd watch it for sure.

Shogun fight is dumb as hell though.
It's dumb as hell but so is Brock. D.C. wants easy pay days and to retire, and honestly he has earned it. It sucks for the fans but he wants none of Gus, a Stipe rematch, etc. it is a play from the Conor/GSP hand book: Chase the hard fights, chase the impossible, avenge the fights you need to and then control the chess board and retire on top.

For D.C. to take an incredibly difficult fight, like boxing May, there would have to be millllliiiioooonnnns involved, and when he is just getting like 1 mil a fight, better to fight Shogun than a barn burner with Gus. He's a competitor and wants that Jones fight back, but who knows when Jones will be coming back, and why risk fighting the guy when he failed three drug tests fighting you and is clearly afraid to fight you w/out juicing and cheating?

it would be an amazing fight: two 40 yo elite wrestlers with KO power, inhumane strenght... yeah it would be an incredible fight... but Yoel needs to prove he can hang with the top fighters at 205, and DC just said he is not going to fight him, its sad but that the way it is

DC admitting that Yoel would smoke him in wrestling was pretty eye opening to me. I think this fight would be a dream matchup as a fan, but I doubt it would ever happen.

A very cool match on paper, but hard to say yoel deserves it. He's lost to Whittaker twice, no matter what your actual opinion of the fight was, and I can't see giving him an immediate title fight off of a loss. Especially one in which he (theoretically, at least) came in overweight and had a sizable weight advantage.

It'd be a hell of a fight. At 205 I think Yoel takes it and I think DC smashes Yoel at heavyweight

Yes, a fighter who is best fit is at 185 against another fighter who is best at HW. Amazing!

Yoel has had three title fights in a row and missed weight in two of them. Just take a normal contenders fight.

Brock has had a No decision (his fault) and two awful losses.

Brock has had a No decision (his fault) and two awful losses.
Sure, but DC isn't fighting Brock on the basis of him being deserving. He's fighting Brock on the basis of the money he carries with him. Romero is a borderline PPV antidraw, so he doesn't have that. Neither is deserving, but Romero offers nothing financially to offset it whereas Brock has a huge upside.

DC's pressure would make Yoel gas

What the fuck are you talking about? When has he ducked fights or chosen to go the easy way? How do you think he got to where he is?
Did I say he has ducked fights in the past? Learn how to read dumbass. He is ducking legit contenders at 205 & HW right now in favor of washed up options like Shogun & Brock who haven't been in title fights in a combined 15 years!

If he is trolling fine, if he serious his attitude not becoming of the person he has represented himself as over the years.
As "the ultimate competitor", who suddenly wants guys who arent even top 10 in the world LOL.

I think he is the GOAT btw, so dont accuse me of hate speech or micro-aggressions brah

Back