Yoel hate aside, wouldn't DC-YOEL be an amazing competitive fight you'd love to see?

As a hypothetical it would be entertaining for sure. But Romero doesn't deserve it.
I also feel obliged to point out that sometimes disagreement or criticism are not the same as hate. For me Romero is a likable dude, but should get a controversy free win or two at LHW before getting a title shot.

DC would send yoel back to Cuba on an inflatable ducky.

That’d be cool if Yoel pulled his shorts down at the beginning of the fight and said, “ Say hello to my leetle friend!”

Would be a boxing match... which could be entertaining. But doesn't sound like Cormier is at all interested.
Honestly I don't think anyone in the UFC has anything for Cormier. May as well fight legends (Shogun) and big names (Lesnar). I'm a huge Romero fan, but he can't beat DC without knocking him out IMO. How is a (overweight) MW going to beat the HW King?

I want to see it big time, I'd love to see how they would grapple with each other.

I'd love to see DC in against a guy whose wrestling he actually has to respect as world class level.

I think DC could carefully pick him apart from the outside, but it'd be interesting to see DC have to try to get off his back against a guy with top control like Yoel, who'd likely weigh 225 in the cage.

Awesome fight for fans, even if they hate Yoel, IMO.
"I think DC could carefully pick him apart from the outside"

uh?

I honestly think Yoel handles DC badly. Age hasn't slowed him down at all, and I'm sure he can knock out HW's. Robert Whittakers life expectancy is probably like 60 or something thanks to that monster.

Romero have no place in a TS.
Did it twice,failed twice.
People are basing their expectations on a match up with DC by the fact that both were Olypian wrestlers and Romero is the more condecorated one.
Silly.
Cormier is a complete fighter,Romero cant keep with that pace.
Go fight some contender to prove you are competitive at LHW first.
End of discussion.

D.C. gained 50 lbs and is 40. It is stupid for him to go down to 205 again, especially when he could not even make bs Rumble. Extreme weight cutting, going way up and then coming way down, is how you end up like Max. Just fight at HW, DC, plus you are way better there.

Fight Brock, then Jones at HW and retire. He has nothing more to a domlish, and unlike Jones, has many options outside cage fighting.

I'd love to see DC in against a guy whose wrestling he actually has to respect as world class level.

I think DC could carefully pick him apart from the outside, but it'd be interesting to see DC have to try to get off his back against a guy with top control like Yoel, who'd likely weigh 225 in the cage.

Awesome fight for fans, even if they hate Yoel, IMO.
When has DC been a "pick apart from the outside" kinda fighter? DC would SMOKE Yoel though. Yoel has great wrestling, but he can be taken down by MWs. DC would toss him

I honestly think Yoel handles DC badly. Age hasn't slowed him down at all, and I'm sure he can knock out HW's. Robert Whittakers life expectancy is probably like 60 or something thanks to that monster.
Yoel is a LHW flunkie. He was getting KO'd by UFC rejects when D.C. was winning the Grand Prix. D.C. is a champ champ and Yoel is a two time champ failure.

This Yoel love is some of the most bizarre shit I have ever seen on Sherdog. The guy just is not that good: def lost to Jacare, poops his pants to stop getting wrestle fucked by BRUNSON, cheats to win vs multiple opponents, should have been DQ'd vs Tim Kennedy, gets popped for roids, misses weight multiple times and loses to welterweights.....what makes people think he can contend with the champ champ??? Let him fight Gus and everyone will realize why he left LHW in the first place.

AccurateRightIndianrhinoceros.gif

WHy would DC not throw Yoel around?
Who's wrestling in the LHW division is even close to Yoel's? Probably only a roided Bones but he wrekt DC and trains with Yoel. Its a good matchup

Yoel is a LHW flunkie. He was getting KO'd by UFC rejects when D.C. was winning the Grand Prix. D.C. is a champ champ and Yoel is a two time champ failure.

This Yoel love is some of the most bizarre shit I have ever seen on Sherdog. The guy just is not that good: def lost to Jacare, poops his pants to stop getting wrestle fucked by BRUNSON, cheats to win vs multiple opponents, should have been DQ'd vs Tim Kennedy, gets popped for roids, misses weight multiple times and loses to welterweights.....what makes people think he can contend with the champ champ??? Let him fight Gus and everyone will realize why he left LHW in the first place.

AccurateRightIndianrhinoceros.gif
Dude I'm the biggest DC fan boy. It isn't Yoel love. It is legit respect. Yoel has improved light years since the Feijao loss. I'm sure his current skill set would transcend weight classes. He has huge power and he's become a lot more accurate with it.

Dude I'm the biggest DC fan boy. It isn't Yoel love. It is legit respect. Yoel has improved light years since the Feijao loss. I'm sure his current skill set would transcend weight classes. He has huge power and he's become a lot more accurate with it.
Yoel has improved, but those big boys are a different breed.

Did you think Yoel beat Jacare?
Did you think Yoel being significantly overweight and Luke being skeletor affected the fight?

How would Yoel fair vs Rumble and Gus if he can't even get by Whittaker? What is he going to do vs a guy with an 82 inch reach that knows how to use it if he can not deal with a welterweight flunkie's 74 inch reach.

He is 13-3 against worse competition, never won a belt in 3 tries, while D.C. is champ champ, 21-1 and his only loss came against a guy that was obviously roiding.

As DC aptly once put it "there are levels to this". D.C. would annihilate Knuckles and every other person Yoel has faced, including Yoel.

Yoel has improved, but those big boys are a different breed.

Did you think Yoel beat Jacare?
Did you think Yoel being significantly overweight and Luke being skeletor affected the fight?

How would Yoel fair vs Rumble and Gus if he can't even get by Whittaker? What is he going to do vs a guy with an 82 inch reach that knows how to use it if he can not deal with a welterweight flunkie's 74 inch reach.

He is 13-3 against worse competition, never won a belt in 3 tries, while D.C. is champ champ, 21-1 and his only loss came against a guy that was obviously roiding.

As DC aptly once put it "there are levels to this". D.C. would annihilate Knuckles and every other person Yoel has faced, including Yoel.
The Reaper has extraordinary TDD. If an old past prime Silva can pick apart DC on the feet then Whittaker could too

DC only wants squash matches like Shogun & Brock. He wants nothing to do with competition he is only interested in guys 10 years past their prime.

Which is fine but when you are champ, let alone ChampChamp, as a fan I hold you accountable to defend against the best because thats what the belt represents.

This is coming from a guy who thinks DC is GOAT btw.

What the fuck are you talking about? When has he ducked fights or chosen to go the easy way? How do you think he got to where he is?

The Reaper has extraordinary TDD. If an old past prime Silva can pick apart DC on the feet then Whittaker could too
Reaper has good TDD but when has he faced anyone like D.C. or even a wrestler like Whineman? Yoel is not a great MMA wrestler and uses his wrestling defensively.

The Silva fight was anomalous and Silva still got destroyed. Everyone knows D.C. was taking it on him easy. Whittaker sure af ain't knocking out Stipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back