Yet Another Baby Dolphin Dies After Being Passed Around For Selfies on Argentine Beach

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
Baby Dolphin Dies After Being Passed Around For Selfies on Argentine Beach
February 18, 2016​

7182208-3x2-940x627.jpg

A young dolphin has died after Argentine beachgoers took it from the sea to pose for photographs with it.

Huge crowds gathered around the small animal on the beach resort at Santa Teresita in Argentina after one man picked it up.

cen-dolphinselfie-06-1-2048x1536_3417637.jpg

But it appears it quickly overheated and died while out of the water.

It was still being passed around by the beachgoers after its death and was later left discarded in the sand.

dead-dolphin-1-2048x1536_3417636.jpg

The dolphin was from the La Plata - also known as the Franciscana - variety, found off the coasts of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.

It is considered a "vulnerable" species because there are only about 30,000 left in the world.

The Argentine Wildlife Foundation later issued a reminder to the public of the mammal's extreme vulnerability, hoping it will prevent such a sad event again.

"The Franciscana, like other species, cannot remain for much time outside of the water, it has thick fatty skin which gives it heat and means that taking it out of the water rapidly causes it to dehydrate and die," it said in a statement.

"This occasion serves to inform the public about the urgent necessity to return these dolphins to the sea as soon as possible if they find them on the shore."

"It is fundamental that people help to rescue these animals, because every Franciscana counts now."

http://news.sky.com/story/1643996/dolphin-dies-being-passed-around-for-selfies

Arkain2K says: "When I first saw this headline on my news aggregator, I had to recheck the date before sharing because quite frankly, I can't believe this level of extreme ignorance and profound stupidity still exists in 2016."

Last edited:
It would be nice if everyone who caused this died

Every day brings a new example of people acting like morons. I cant for the life of me figure out what the F people are thinking sometimes.

I would express my feelings on this matter but it would get me banned.

Dumb asses. Poor baby dolphin. I wish that was a rattlesnake so they would all be bitten while taking selfies

Technically that dolphin was an illegal immigrant so I've no sympathy.

They should all be fined heavily, despicable, people more worried about their IG and snapchat photos than a baby fucking Dolphin, what a fucked up piece of shit society we live in these days.

Crazy . . . just leave the thing alone. Some people are just stupid.

Imagine if something like this occurred in California - even better - Hawaii.

Thanks Obama!

Seriously though, what assholes. Not one of them had the sense to put it back in the ocean?

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the traditional place to take pictures of sea creature, in the actual sea??? Not one of those people thought that if we take it out of the water it might die?? Idiots.

Wanna know what really really really pisses me off???

These "dolphin encounter' tourist traps. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

As an example. Cozumel, MX:

art.dolphin.irpt.jpg

Whenever there's a hurricane knocking on their door, these places make deals with the bigger hotels to allow them to park their dolphins in their swimming pools until the storm blows over. And you'd think they'd change the water, right? WRONG. Apparently they can go for days in chlorinated water before their kidneys shutdown.

DON'T EVER GO TO THESE FUCKING PLACES. PLEASE!

dolphin-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back