Yes Chris Weidman won BUT....

This version of the chris would get whooped on by rockhold. Dude won but he was having a bit of trouble with a fat WW.

Gastelum can't make WW and Weidman never missed weight. Fuck off.

Weidman cuts a ton of weight to make MW. The fact that he hasn't missed weight is meaningless. 99% of fighters dont weigh their divisions max weight limit come fight time, they weigh significantly more

I was rooting for Weidman, but I don't think he'll be able to beat Bisping or Whittaker at this point.

I think he still has good striking, but he might get lit up by the champs.

Showed nothing to prove the last 3 results would be any different.

Weak chin and small gas tank, just lucky he fought a gastelum that wanted to coast for 5 rounds.

I thought on that too
I feel like Gastelum was waiting to round 3 to turn it on

Kelvin was clearly the more talented fighter. One clean shot and dropped Weidman. But they looked two weight classes apart. It's hard to overcome this disadvantage in grappling.

Not sure what you were watching. Outboxed a great boxer who's lighter and took him down at will. Preconceived notions are clearly preconceived. Base your judgments on reality in the future. Please.

He had a massive reach advantage and Gastelum had to worry about the takedowns which Chris didn't. Kelvin was landing the jab and some good shots.

He had a couple of exchanges to be fair, but I'm not that impressed by his performance.

He was way more confident than in his other recent fights. If he fought like he did in his last few fights then he would have gotten boxed up by Gastelum, but instead he did well.

Lmao no, just the truth

If you think that Weidman beats any top 5 MW you are kidding yourself.
Salty AND delusional. You are funny man.

he tagged gastelum with enough big shots to knock out about 5 anderson silvas. TS are you blind? outstriking an opponent = bad striking i guess.

That was one of Weidman's best performances ever. He was masterful.....

Yeah he looked slower in the striking. Anderson might beat him now in the standup. Plus his chin seemed ready to go at any moment if Kelvin caught him.

I thought on that too
I feel like Gastelum was waiting to round 3 to turn it on
Gastelum got too comfortable I think, he was scared of the takedown it seem.

It's a great game plan if it works but he sort of seem to be pacing himself and forgot he was fighting.

He lit Gastelum the fuck up before he took him down and finished him what is your dumb ass talking about. Gastelum landed one good punch the whole fight.
This he tagged Kelvin.

I disagree. Gastelum is just deceptively good. He will be a match for anyone at MW! He can definitely hang in the division. Both fighters looked good tonight.

Not sure what you were watching. Outboxed a great boxer who's lighter and took him down at will. Preconceived notions are clearly preconceived. Base your judgments on reality in the future. Please.

Prove me wrong. Weidman clearly had a huge strength advantage in the clinch and on the ground. Yeah he was having success on the feet but not enough to warrant high praise. Bottom line is Weidman is a huge MW and he beat a WW tonight

Back