Yes Chris Weidman won BUT....

he looked like shit.
He does not look confident standing up at all.

He looked great! 90% of people gave Chris no chance in this fight and then he proceeds to dominate Kelvin quite easily and ends up finishing him in the 3rd.
What could have Chris done to look good in your eyes?

Chris looked good. He was very focused and stuck to his game plan. Kelvin is super tough and outside of the punch that dropped him, Chris was in control. He was the aggressor and got his shots off first, and was very methodical and patient with his grappling. Good performance by Weidman.

He looked great! 90% of people gave Chris no chance in this fight and then he proceeds to dominate Kelvin quite easily and ends up finishing him in the 3rd.
What could have Chris done to look good in your eyes?
Not be a bum who loses 4 straight to actual middleweights and get flashed and boxed up by WWs

Weidman fanboys out in full force tonight lmao. Took a while for you nuthuggers to crawl out of the woodwork.

LOL, butthurt kids still crying from when Weidman embarrassed Silva

Lol. Other than the feeling out process and flash knockdown, Weidman dominated the fight.

Dude lands one good punch, but otherwise gets completely dominated yet you think Chris looked like shit? Fuck off! Weidman can look slow and tired sometimes but he dominated the fuck outta Kelvin. I don't know what more you want outta that performance?

What? His standup looked fine and Gastelums standup is very good and he caught him a few times. Looked like Vintage Weidman before he was obsessed with KOing after killing Silva. If anyone remembers Weidman before that he would muscle the takedown, get top position and either ground and pound or submit his opponents. Completely textbook right here and I will guarantee you that was his gameplan.

Lol.. hater, no shit he wasn't confident he didn't win in 2+ years and he was in his backyard with his friends and family the pressure was on.

He looked good... now people will use the size thing to discredit the win.

Weidman cuts a ton of weight to make MW. The fact that he hasn't missed weight is meaningless. 99% of fighters dont weigh their divisions max weight limit come fight time, they weigh significantly more
By this definition Kelvin is probably a LHW. Maybe even HW because he sure as hell is heavier than 185 on fight day.

Idk man he had Gastelum on the ropes, maybe if you stopped tryna push the narrative that he's not an Elite Fighter post USADA you would see that.

Lol.. hater, no shit he wasn't confident he didn't win in 2+ years and he was in his backyard with his friends and family the pressure was on.

He looked good... now people will use the size thing to discredit the win.

A sad coping mechanism indeed
Salty Fans: "Weidman's not good, h-he had size!!!" <31>

Idk man he had Gastelum on the ropes, maybe if you stopped tryna push the narrative that he's not an Elite Fighter post USADA you would see that.

A sad coping mechanism indeed
Salty Fans: "Weidman's not good, h-he had size!!!" <31>

Kelvin got up on that scale like Chris they are both MW.. he sure was MW enough for Tim and Vitor.

Reminder for people Kelvin failed the WW scale so many times they had to book him in the upper division.

Is it his best fit, optimal ? of course not but don't shit on Chris because of it.

PS: The 'champ' is chasing a 4 year retired WW around for crying out loud.

This is the strongest Chris Weidman has looked.

Now I bet you no matter how screwed up Jones looks next week, Sherdog will still kiss up to him!

He struggled with a welterweight lmao he loses to anyone in the top 5. Gatekeeper Weidman
How did he struggle in a fight he dominated at all times save one punch?
I'm genuinely curious.

He lit Gastelum the fuck up before he took him down and finished him what is your dumb ass talking about. Gastelum landed one good punch the whole fight.

Where the f were you before 9pm est? Bandwagon af

Lol the Weidman hate is strong on Sherdog. He looked bad for 10 seconds after getting caught. He dominated the Grappling AND standing the rest of the time.

Where the f were you before 9pm est? Bandwagon af
Look back at my posts MF'er. I've been on Weidman for months all the while people calling me retarded saying Weidman was done.

Back