Y'all really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of threads about how good Alvarez is, and how likely it is he beats McGregor.

This thread is just an attempt by TS to say the same as tons of other people but sound smarter with a different hook to bait people in.

This is going to be one hell of a fight, can't wait!

You do know striking isn't what all of MMA is about? If you're getting out-grappled you're losing the fight until you do something.

right.

Everybody knows Eddie can outgrapple him. you're telling us nothing new, and im not impressed.

He is a good fighter. this fight could go either way. Eddie is slower than his Bellator days though

I love watching him. But he's a can crusher. We both know it. It's not just "wikipedia". Come on dude, its not like I'm some zuffa zombie.

If he had wins over koreshkov or something it'd be different.

I think he can definitely wrestlefuck conor but he is not gonna KO him imo
Did you think Alvarez could knock RDA out? or did you think Diaz could rock Conor into being a panic wrestler?

Alvarez could knock Conor out, there is no denying that.

It seems OP barely has any idea who Eddie Alvarez is. A guy that gets dropped in most of his fights dating back to DREAM (I don't think I can name a fighter off the top of my head with more knockdowns against him), fighting with very limited defense that blocks punches with his face. He has good recovery (but the punishment he took will take his toll eventually) and size going for him, but thinking he will have an easy time with McGregor is just laughable.

There are plenty of threads about how good Alvarez is, and how likely it is he beats McGregor.

This thread is just an attempt by TS to say the same as tons of other people but sound smarter with a different hook to bait people in.

It's just him hyping himself up about imaginary ignorance and not even checking what people actually think and know.

There is a stereotype amongst Sherbros that Conor McGregor fans by large are relatively new to the sport and do not watch much else MMA wise other than him. This point is being proven by the minute, since the announcement of his fight with Eddie Alvarez.

Y'all really never seen Eddie have you? Perhaps 1 or 2 of his fights, right?

You may have seen him lose to Cerrone, his boring win over Pettis or even the dos Anjos TKO...

Michael Chandler? Shinya Aoki? Those names mean anything to you? ... Nah, I didn't think so.

Just for educational purposes, Eddie Alvarez has it fucking ALL!

- The guy has KO power in both hands.
- Crisp, technical boxing.
- Solid wrestling, with very good ability to control from the top position.
- Underrated and sneaky BJJ, takes the back very easily.
- Cardio for days, looks the same in rounds 4 and 5 as the first round.
- Heart for days. Let you knock him down or rock him, if his body lets him he'll keep coming.

People keep saying that Conor will defeat him with ease on the feet...

You do know Eddie's chin is probably just as good as Nate Diaz, you know Nate, the guy that Conor couldn't put away in almost 35 minutes of fighting?

Conor has a chance, he always does when it's standing, but stop talking about Eddie Alvarez like you even know who he is or have followed his career at all.

WAR ALVAREZ!

Eddie-Alvarez.jpg

Aldo has everything you just mentioned and more, look what happened there. If the left hand lands, Alvarez is hitting the floor. On the other hand, it could be a very long night for Conor if Alvarez can control him on the ground and stick those TD.

It really is a pick em fight imo.

I've watched Eddie since the Dream GP, been a fan since then as well. That said, Conor matches up well with him. Eddie's not the best wrestler, his strength is in finishing fights whether it's by sub, GnP or finishing with combinations.

He doesn't have good defense anywhere. Trained a long time for 2 round fights, he's an offensive fighter who shines in fast-paced fights. But he's not the most technical striker and he's chinny, though with good recovery and a lot of heart. Suiting he's from Philly.

Conor will have success with counters in this. Eddie swings hard and leaves himself open, and gets hurt often. Power & heart are his best assets in this one. He's not gonna outbox Conor.

Last edited:
RDA had him stunned and dropped to a knee.

Cerrone had him rolling to his back several times; I think it's just dishonest to pretend like he wasn't hurt in that fight.

I'd have to rewatch the Giblert fight, which I don't want to because it was boring as fuck; I do remember Eddie being badly rocked in the first and having his nose/eye visibly injured as well.

Also, you just named off his UFC career but claim others don't recognize his past fights? The fuck dude? Which one is it? So we are pretending he wasn't knocked down by Chandler, Kawajiri, Hansen, etc. Can't have it both ways bruh.
I just named you his entire UFC career, against all elite guys and he wasn't once knocked down.

That's a fact, just saying.

I love watching him. But he's a can crusher. We both know it. It's not just "wikipedia". Come on dude, its not like I'm some zuffa zombie.

If he had wins over koreshkov or something it'd be different.

I think he can definitely wrestlefuck conor but he is not gonna KO him imo
He's not fought at 170 for almost 10 years, why would he be beating a giant like Koreshkov?

I mean you can say that but do we really know? Not on you about it by the way I get what you're saying. I'm sure a lot haven't but I wouldn't go so far as to say the majority.

If anything a lot of the Conor fans here probably at least saw Eddie beat Dos Anjos. Just because a lot of them wanted to see RDA defend his belt in hopes of getting another fight with McGregor.
Even so, if you've only watched 1 fighter of his opponent you better do your education before popping up and chatting shit about predictions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back