Y'all really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a good fight. Would like to see Alvarez use his wrestling in this fight as opposed to standing with McGregor

Eddie is somewhat chinny and likes to brawl. Thats not a good combination against Conor. However he has good wrestling and amazing cardio two things where Conor is lacking. I can see it going either way but im favouring Conor quite heavily.

Been a big fan of Connor ever since the Brimage fight, but I never root against Eddie. War Alvarez

It was a pretty wild overhand/hook that first dropped Rafael. Technical boxing didn't have anything to do with that finish

no it wasn't at all lol the punch he first rocked him with was not wild at all, and he landed the exact same punch a few seconds before he really hurt him

yea people dont seem to know as muc ahbout mma these days on the forums - alvarez should be respectd

w that said, conor is the betting favorite and its not that surprising to me - he could easily win this fight

no it wasn't at all lol the punch he first rocked him with was not wild at all, and he landed the exact same punch a few seconds before he really hurt him
Yes it was, just watched the fight and the finish a couple times. It was a 1-2, and the two particularly was looping over the top/around the side. Was not something you learn in a boxing gym, was not a straight punch. It really wasn't even a 2. He throw a meaningless jab to set up a power shot over the top. Not technical, crisp boxing by any standard.

Hope Alvarez wrestlefucks Connor for five rounds, and all the casual MMA fans fuck off and don't come back.

bro you still mad about nate ? let it go

Why does everyone have to keep saying this in any thread that mentions Conor in anything but godly terms? I criticize him all the time but I was rooting for him in Nate/Conor II because that would have permanently damaged his career and the Conor show still has a few good seasons left.

Eddie is also a total BEAST! Eddie by TKO RD 2.

Eddie is severely underrated around here because of his boring fights against Pettis and Melendez, I also think he lost the second Chandler fight. But he is a tough fight for any LW in the world. He was Bellator and Dream champ, has a lot of great wins on his record and is a tough mofo.

I disagree a bit on your assessment of Eddie's chin, I think Nate's chin is better, but Eddie has good recovery and a lot of heart. His wrestling ability could be huge against McGregor.

I'm interested to see how Conor will try to fuck with Eddie now that he has a blank slate to work on

Greatly said, ts... Eddie has only been TKO'd once in 32 fights & that was in his 11th fight back in 2007. He's a real LW legend, it just took him way too long to get in the UFC.

I expect this fight to look like Pettis vs RDA except with a finish. (Conor being Pettis)

The Hansen fight is what caught my eye! Eddie has been around and fought some tough competition. He's definitely a warrior.

Conor doesn't have any easy fights at any division IMO, his 155 chances are very slim due. The guys are 155 are monsters that can all take him down with easy.
Yep. Nothing like staying up late and catching DREAM on HDNet. Some of those fights were insane.

Greatly said, ts... Eddie has only been TKO'd once in 32 fights & that was in his 11th fight back in 2007. He's a real LW legend, it just took him way too long to get in the UFC.

I expect this fight to look like Pettis vs RDA except with a finish. (Conor being Pettis)

Against a guy wayyy bigger than him

How much time do you spend writing about conor mcgregor or things directly related to him? Seriously... I've literally never seen you post about anything that isn't related to mcgregor.
He makes some very articulate threads on other fighters fairly often.

Eddie will be done, in 1.

And this is based on having watched every Eddie Alvarez fight since he started in Bellator contrary to what the op is suggesting.

Eddie is sloppy and will get dismantled on the feet, his only chance is wrestling, and I think that aspect of his game is a bit overrated on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back