Y'all really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't rate Aoki... you probably don't watch much Aoki.

Stop reading Wikipedia bro. Me and you have agree on things in the past, don't spoil it with ignorance lol.

I love watching him. But he's a can crusher. We both know it. It's not just "wikipedia". Come on dude, its not like I'm some zuffa zombie.

If he had wins over koreshkov or something it'd be different.

I think he can definitely wrestlefuck conor but he is not gonna KO him imo

I thought he was lucky to win the second Chandler fight. Maybe they were setting up the trilogy, but Alvarez took the escape route.
Yeah, joining the UFC and fighting Cerrone, Pettis, Melendez and dos Anjos was the easier/escape route.

CSB.

Majority of Conor fans are for sure.

Majority of Conor fans have also never seen Alvarez fight.
I mean you can say that but do we really know? Not on you about it by the way I get what you're saying. I'm sure a lot haven't but I wouldn't go so far as to say the majority.

If anything a lot of the Conor fans here probably at least saw Eddie beat Dos Anjos. Just because a lot of them wanted to see RDA defend his belt in hopes of getting another fight with McGregor.

Melendez
Pettis
Cerrone
dos Anjos

There we are, his whole UFC tenure.

Never once knocked down...

RDA had him stunned and dropped to a knee.

Cerrone had him rolling to his back several times; I think it's just dishonest to pretend like he wasn't hurt in that fight.

I'd have to rewatch the Giblert fight, which I don't want to because it was boring as fuck; I do remember Eddie being badly rocked in the first and having his nose/eye visibly injured as well.

Also, you just named off his UFC career but claim others don't recognize his past fights? The fuck dude? Which one is it? So we are pretending he wasn't knocked down by Chandler, Kawajiri, Hansen, etc. Can't have it both ways bruh.

Eddie is great.

But his chin is not as adamant as you said TS. Chandler knocked him down several times as far as i remember. Cerrone visibly hurt him on the feet.

His recovery time and heart are awesome though

He's a savage.

lmaoooo oh my lord, I can't even watch his Bellator fights ...

you guys think Mr. Alvarez is someone else entirely bc he "finished" RDA

I keep seeing people call him a wrestler and how he's gonna "obviously" wrestle fuck Conor like .......

<21>

Eddie likes to shit talk how Connie can only last 7 mins, not realizing 1) all that extra weight played a part & 2) that means he has to SURVIVE those left hands and straights for that 7 mins .. which with Conor's precision he most likely won't do

Last edited:
If conor cant put eddie away in the first 2 then I fear he will lose as eddie will put the pressure on for the whole fight and wont be like diaz who could have taken over the 2nd fight but let conor dictate the 4th round.
As someone who will be pulling for Conor I agree with your assessment. He needs to win this in the first 10 minutes. Not sure if he will do so but he's capable.

lmaoooo oh my lord, I can't even watch his highlights..

you guys think Mr. Alvarez is someone else entirely

I keep seeing people call him a wrestler and how he's gonna "obviously" wrestle fuck Conor like .......

<21>

I'm sorry, I'm not following..?

You're reading Wikipedia again.

He clearly won both fights. You telling me that there is an argument for Pettis winning that fight LOL!?

Alvarez who didn't deserve the shot according to you, then turned around and finished dos Anjos.

he "won" pettis, by holding him against a cage and doing nothing.

Pettis landed the better shots.

There is a stereotype amongst Sherbros that Conor McGregor fans by large are relatively new to the sport and do not watch much else MMA wise other than him. This point is being proven by the minute, since the announcement of his fight with Eddie Alvarez.

Y'all really never seen Eddie have you? Perhaps 1 or 2 of his fights, right?

You may have seen him lose to Cerrone, his boring win over Pettis or even the dos Anjos TKO...

Michael Chandler? Shinya Aoki? Those names mean anything to you? ... Nah, I didn't think so.

Just for educational purposes, Eddie Alvarez has it fucking ALL!

- The guy has KO power in both hands.
- Crisp, technical boxing.
- Solid wrestling, with very good ability to control from the top position.
- Underrated and sneaky BJJ, takes the back very easily.
- Cardio for days, looks the same in rounds 4 and 5 as the first round.
- Heart for days. Let you knock him down or rock him, if his body lets him he'll keep coming.

People keep saying that Conor will defeat him with ease on the feet...

You do know Eddie's chin is probably just as good as Nate Diaz, you know Nate, the guy that Conor couldn't put away in almost 35 minutes of fighting?

Conor has a chance, he always does when it's standing, but stop talking about Eddie Alvarez like you even know who he is or have followed his career at all.

WAR ALVAREZ!

Eddie-Alvarez.jpg

You lived up to your moniker by running off the other day when we were having a discussion on the 'white supremacist' thread, brah. :(

Eddie is legit. He's a great fighter and honestly a bad style for Conor. That said, and as an Eddie Alvarez fan from Philadelphia, I can honestly say that Conor has the better striking. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Eddie in saying that, but that's the truth. Eddie obviously has the better grappling. Great fight and I can't wait to see it.

Eddie is a good fighter but his striking is sub par...he is aggressive but not technical if he chooses to stand with McGregor he will get lit up...anyone with a brain understands exactly what Eddie is going to do...he is going to spam TD's and wall n stall. But if he is successful in doing that...Conor will tire in the later rounds.

His gameplan if he does not get the finish will get him booed out of the Arena.

I've followed Eddie since his Hansen and Kawajiri fights. He's been incredible to watch for nearly a decade. However, I think Conor will knock him out.

The Hansen fight is what caught my eye! Eddie has been around and fought some tough competition. He's definitely a warrior.

Conor doesn't have any easy fights at any division IMO, his 155 chances are very slim due. The guys are 155 are monsters that can all take him down with easy.

Don't forget to mention he will have a 5 inch reach disadvantage when educating these newbs.

I'm sorry, I'm not following..?
haha I'm sorry, not anything YOU said -- just rewatching how much damage he's taken // takes makes me realize how insane it'll be if Eddie survives Connie's left straights lol

Last edited:
It is amazing how so many MMA "Fans" have no idea who Eddie is.

i know exactly who eddie is, and i'm nervous just like im nervous for any conor fight.

i honestly hate having favourite fighters, i get so fucking nervous no matter who they fight.

he "won" pettis, by holding him against a cage and doing nothing.

Pettis landed the better shots.
You do know striking isn't what all of MMA is about? If you're getting out-grappled you're losing the fight until you do something.

Eddie is an amazing fighter, but he has been rocked plenty in his fights. If you don't think Conor has a solid shot of KOing him then you're simply deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back