Y'all really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Michael Chandler? Shinya Aoki?"

Yeah, I know who they are.

Two can smashers that never made it to the UFC because they weren't good enough or they just didn't want to compete against the best in the world. Duck, duck goose.

Not everyone here is a casual who just started following MMA, even the Conor fans

True but the majority of them are. There is no other answer for it. Maybe that people are fucking stupid in general but I'm a nice guy and like to have faith in humanity so I'll go with the casual route.

But what is his diet though?
WAR ALVAREZ!

Eddie-Alvarez.jpg

Two can smashers that never made it to the UFC because they weren't good enough or they just didn't want to compete against the best in the world. Duck, duck goose.
Haha, yeah right pal.

WME/IMG Zombie (formerly a Zuffa Zombie)

Don't bother. Conor could be matched up with a prime Mike Tyson and they would say Conor by KO rd 1.

Most of them just repeat his phrases. Every thread I open has the same content being repeated for a while now. It's become so boring just like his trash talk.

b-but we're supposed to pretend Shinya Aoki is amazing! look at his wins over guys like Cody Stevens and Yuki Yamamoto!

Not everyone here is a casual who just started following MMA, even the Conor fans. All I really care about is that 205 is finally an interesting card. Great headliner and co-main plus Romero vs Weidman. Looking forward to it.
Majority of Conor fans are for sure.

Majority of Conor fans have also never seen Alvarez fight.

All the things listed are very true.

The things gone unsaid though are: he gets knocked down in the first round in almost every fight he's been in.

Yes, his recovery is fantastic and you can't question his heart. The real variable is whether he can avoid the early power of Conor and if Conor can capitalize when he has Eddie hurt.

It's hard to imagine McGregor winning a decision here; he needs to go for broke early.

b-but we're supposed to pretend Shinya Aoki is amazing! look at his wins over guys like Cody Stevens and Yuki Yamamoto!
If you don't rate Aoki... you probably don't watch much Aoki.

Stop reading Wikipedia bro. Me and you have agree on things in the past, don't spoil it with ignorance lol.

All the things listed are very true.

The things gone unsaid though are: he gets knocked down in the first round in almost every fight he's been in.

Yes, his recovery is fantastic and you can't question his heart. The real variable is whether he can avoid the early power of Conor and if Conor can capitalize when he has Eddie hurt.

It's hard to imagine McGregor winning a decision here; he needs to go for broke early.
Melendez
Pettis
Cerrone
dos Anjos

There we are, his whole UFC tenure.

Never once knocked down...

Eddie's the new Nate / Jose / Chad / Dustin / Diego

True but the majority of them are. There is no other answer for it. Maybe that people are fucking stupid in general but I'm a nice guy and like to have faith in humanity so I'll go with the casual route.
Lol yeah that's fine. Just saying gotta be careful painting with a broad brush is all. I've been a hardcore for well over 10 years. Not a casual or fucking stupid and I consider myself a McGregor fan. Only because I appreciate his abilities and enjoy watching him compete. I think it's a great fight.

If conor cant put eddie away in the first 2 then I fear he will lose as eddie will put the pressure on for the whole fight and wont be like diaz who could have taken over the 2nd fight but let conor dictate the 4th round.

he also got a title shot off of two split decisions
You're reading Wikipedia again.

He clearly won both fights. You telling me that there is an argument for Pettis winning that fight LOL!?

Alvarez who didn't deserve the shot according to you, then turned around and finished dos Anjos.

I thought he was lucky to win the second Chandler fight. Maybe they were setting up the trilogy, but Alvarez took the escape route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back