Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

He said the same thing but argued that he's 6-1 and still is a rising star so he wanted a top 10 fighter with some extra cash.
YRozg.gif

Especially since his only loss is hardly a step back, considering if was Frankie. That was more of a career changing for the good loss than anything. I guarantee he's worked on his TDD hard since then.

He said the same thing but argued that he's 6-1 and still is a rising star so he wanted a top 10 fighter with some extra cash.
asking for a tough opponent makes sense. If he was going to ask to be paid more it should have been before fighting Frankie not after taking a one sided loss.

I believe him.

I mean, the alternative is to believe Dana.

It’s always about money - every time the UFC is at odds with a fighter it’s a money dispute I don’t care what they say.

And UFC fighters across the board deserve more money than they get paid.

I don't believe him.

Why would he tweet #fakenews as reaction to Dana saying Zabit vs Yair is next if he actually wanted Zabit in Russia, that would make no sense.
wanted more money to fight him and dana probably wanted to pressure him to accept the fight by saying the fight was a done deal

Asking for more money just because you are a rising star prospect is stupid. Especially after the beatdown he got from Edgar.

Good luck getting more money elsewhere, Yair.

Thought that was the case when he first got cut. Would make no sense any other way.

So he essentially still turned the fights down

If the contract were guaranteed by the UFC, then I'd agree. But it isn't. They can cut you at any time and are no obligation to let you finish out your contract with them. So turnabout is fair play. You sign a contract for what you are worth in particular sport in your career. If things change, like you become a bit of an interesting prospect, then it makes more sense to push for more money.
Honest question, do you think he became a more interesting prospect after losing his soul to Frankie and do you think things "changed" since his last fight to enable him bagaining power to ask for more money?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back