Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

He said he had proof that he agreed to these fights. Did he show this proof?

1526299708377.jpg
Quality over quantity, well done.

but he lost his last fight; in no way was he in the position to think he was worth more.
Yeah, obviously it didn't work out well for him. My point wasn't that Yair needed to ask for more. My point is that it isn't invalid or dishonorable to ask for more money mid contract as a matter of principle.

A lot of people itt think it is crazy to negotiate better terms for yourself before completing a contract. I think that is ridiculous.

Honest question, do you think he became a more interesting prospect after losing his soul to Frankie and do you think things "changed" since his last fight to enable him bagaining power to ask for more money?

No, I don't. Read my comment. I'm not even talking directly about Yair's situation.

Yeah, obviously it didn't work out well for him. My point wasn't that Yair needed to ask for more. My point is that it isn't invalid or dishonorable to ask for more money mid contract as a matter of principle.

A lot of people itt think it is crazy to negotiate better terms for yourself before completing a contract. I think that is ridiculous.
This was not one of those times when negotiating for more money is a good idea. For comparison sake, Poirier asking for more money before rematching Alvarez was very smart.

You’re as good as your last showing kid! I don’t believe him and he knew his demise was near so what else to do to save face, just ask for more money after the answer exclamted him!

Gets absolutely thrashed by Frankie and starts demanding shit?tenor(11).gif tenor(13).gif

if your stock rises, as in you get more followers you should ask for more money.

I've been backing Yair since he got cut, but I can't really support his demands for more money after coming off a loss. he has no leverage.

I'm not against fighters asking for more money. If you don't ask you don't get, but you couldn't get any worse timing.

You don't get it. He doesn't want to fight out his contract. He wants MORE money than what is written in his contract. Are you not grasping This???

I am grasping that, but he ISNT going to get any more money until he fights out his contract. He should have played ball with the UFC.

Especially since his only loss is hardly a step back, considering if was Frankie. That was more of a career changing for the good loss than anything. I guarantee he's worked on his TDD hard since then.

It was a massive step back. The guy is young but he was absolutely blown out of the water, it's not like he just got beaten by the better fighter or got caught with a wild strike, he got beaten pillar to post. he wasn't really in the same league and that kind of gap isn't bridged in 12m

<DontBelieve1>
more money after getting ass beat in your last fight??

He got his ass beat by Frankie Edgar not mr no name ranked 567th in the world.

If he started a contract at rank 60 and moved his way into the top 10 or top 15 he should be paid accordingly.

Given that the UFC can cut contracts at any time like they did with Yair I don't think it's unfair for fighters to look for raises before their contract is up if they're fighting substantially more talented fighters.

Either the replies are from UFC shills or a lot of you have difficulty in reading comprehension.

What Yair said...

Give him top ten opponent and there was no need for negotiations.

Give Zabit in LA; he wants more money, since Zabit is ranked 13 and Yair is 7.

Give Zabit in Russia and then he's ready to fight without payrise.

Dana is a vindictive bastard, and UFC have history of treating people like shit. Can't believe so many people are picking UFCs side of the story.

I dont believe they just cut him because he had the temerity to ask for more money

I dont think they cut him because he asked for more,I think they cut him because he wouldnt sign the contract unless he got more.

Back