Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

He actually said he refused that fight? If so, thank you for clarifying

That's what he said, pretty much the quote. They offered him Lamas fight again, but he was a little disappointed.

I think it's quite clear what happened.

Lol why would Lamas rather fight Bektic than Yair? Lamas would wreck Yair.

He actually said he refused that fight? If so, thank you for clarifying
Yair Rodriguez fell victim to the same hubris that overcame Leslie Smith.
He thought he could use the lack of proper Featherweight matchups and the UFC's intention to have him fight Zabit as leverage to renegotiate his contract and get more cash.
Leslie Smith did the exact same thing after her opponent Aspen Ladd missed weight and UFC wanted her to take the fight.
We made a video on this specific issue today, check it out!

Saw the two big booty chicks on the 1st page.

That's what this thread is about.

If that were true, there would be no need for bout agreements to be signed, which in effect are contracts to be negotiated.
Ok fair enough i guess you can renegotiate fights but ufc is not about to give more money to busted hype train Yair doesn't even get that big of an following. Some fighters like Brian Ortga hype prove to be real some are busts.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough i guess you can renegotiate fights but ufc is not about to give more money to busted hype train Yair doesn't even get that big of an following. Some fighters like Brian Ortga hype prove to be real some are busts.
Losing a fight to perennial contender and former lightweight (you know, that weight class above Yair’s) champion Frankie Edgar hardly makes someone a bust. What a fucking moronic thing to say.

"Wanted more money after a loss" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he was like number 15 and they put him against Frankie who was damn near number 1-2. Of course he got his ass beat
He accepted the fight and sounded very confident in beating him.

Lol why would Lamas rather fight Bektic than Yair? Lamas would wreck Yair.

Maybe Lamas wanted the tougher fight? Not sure which is the bigger name, nobody knows who either of them are except for hardcore fans.

Losing a fight to perennial contender and former lightweight (you know, that weight class above Yair’s) champion Frankie Edgar hardly makes someone a bust. What a fucking moronic thing to say.
Not just lost he look like he never grappled before, he showed that in his previous fight before when he almost lost to Alex caceres. Hype train derailed just like many threads said before and after he got beat, get over it fan boy his gone.

What Yair said is if they give him a top 10 opponent, he doesn't ask for more money. But if they give him a non top 10 guy, he wanted more money. I think the UFC was in this case, still correct to cut him. However, some people in this thread are confused

They allowed it to happen.
It was only a matter of time. You can’t continue to pay people with “the prestige” of being in the ufc forever. Ufc wants to be the nfl of mma, they’re gonna have to start paying like it.

It was only a matter of time. You can’t continue to pay people with “the prestige” of being in the ufc forever. Ufc wants to be the nfl of mma, they’re gonna have to start paying like it.

Aren't they the NFL of MMA already? Without extra payment to fighters?

Aren't they the NFL of MMA already? Without extra payment to fighters?
I mean they’re the closest thing to. But the cat is out of the bag. This trend isn’t going to stop. You have to keep fighters happy. If the ufc wants to continue to grow it’s going to have to address this at some point.

You lost to a past his prime Frankie, what makes you think you deserve to fight Holloway? If your main goal is to redeem yourself...you don't ask for money, what you do is wreck the division...talk smack while you're at it...let everything fall to pieces...
Exactly, Yair is trying to redeem himself because turning down fights is a coward like stigma that no fighter wants. But whats worse is the cover up, and thats what makes people call bullshit. First he says the zabit fight was never offered to him and claimed it "Fake News". Now he says that not only was the fight offered, but he was negotiating the terms, and had actually accepted the fight in Russia. Sounds like he knew about the fight alright. Then supposedly requested Holloway? Whoa what a tough guy. And then Brock Lesnar too right?

You pussed out Yair after taking a beating. I dont hate you for it, but stop lying like people are stupid.

UFC did the right thing and cut this p*ssy

I mean they’re the closest thing to. But the cat is out of the bag. This trend isn’t going to stop. You have to keep fighters happy. If the ufc wants to continue to grow it’s going to have to address this at some point.

Unfortunately - very unfortunately - I disagree.

They don't have to keep fighters happy. At all.
They don't leave fighters any option: competition with the UFC is nonexistent, contractual obligations are made of stone, legal complaints are something WME easily deal with.
They continue to grow, as you can see, regardless of what fighters experience (and they experience harsher and harsher policies every day).

Back