Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

Yair is thinking way too highly of himself and can't negotiate worth shit. lol

12:30 - end of video: Yair going Lil Bow Wow on "fake news"

giphy.gif

Lol like either "truth" is better than the other. It's probably true what Yair said. He asked for more money to fight in LA. (After a loss mind you) UFC said no. So they cut him. I think that's what happened.

I dont believe they just cut him because he had the temerity to ask for more money

Don't ask for more money until you draw money idiot.

Hey we want you to fight X for your contracted rate.
+
Sure but I want more money or I won't do it.
=
You declined to fight.

He wanted more money... mean he didn't accept the contract they sent him... which means he turned the fight down

He got whooped in his last fight, but if he wants to risk his contract and potentially get released for asking for more money in the next fight it sounds illogical but realistically I can hate.

I mean he’s the one who’s gonna be getting hit or kicked in the head.

It blew up in his face. That’s on him. Now he potential gets to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond in another promotion. It might just work out good for him.

Who the fuck said he’s a “rising star”? You’re still a prospect and your last fight of clear evidence of that.

Nobody gives a damn bout yair, at least not in this thread no more. Can we plz get some more pics of those two bootylicious hotties?

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle; he probably declined the fight with Lamas, and then tried to get big money for the Zabit fight, but the UFC sent him out the door instead.

@derrionkeller

If bellator is serious they must sign yair

Both are telling the truth but from different perspectives.

Dana offers fight with xxxx pay against X fighter. Yair says NO and ask for more money to fight said fighter and proceeds to get cut from the organization.

So it would be correct to say Yair got cut from the UFC for turning down fights.

It would also be correct to say he got cut because he wanted more money.

Both statements are true.

I also find it interesting that he asks for multiple fights and didnt get them but then asks for more money when UFC finally gets him a fight ( according to the layout of the cliffs in the OP ).

He won't be missed.

This isn’t a big deal at all.
Go beat some bums in Bellator then come back.

I dont believe they just cut him because he had the temerity to ask for more money
When someone asks for more money and you do not want to pay them more money. What else can the UFC do? It's either cut or pay him more. Which they chose not to pay him more.

When someone asks for more money and you do not want to pay them more money. What else can the UFC do? It's either cut or pay him more. Which they chose not to pay him more.

Or just have him fight out his contract?

Back