Xbox Scorpio hardware specs

So it seems like Microsoft has also made the Scorpio for people who don't have 4K TV's yet and that's pretty awesome. Now it's time for some damn exclusives that aren't Halo/Gears/Forza. I'm sick of those games and don't care for them anymore and they don't have anything announced yet that interest me.

I hope Crackdown 3 is good. The first was great and the second was boring. Whatever happened to that cloud processing? LOL

But it's known as a Dark Souls game so that's the true reason for it's popularity.
It was also an incredibly well received game that built up a good reputation on the back of two lengthy demos.

Funny you also cited another popular Japanese franchise though.

Will this system be able to handle VR well? There's zero mention of that.

while it isn't none. its much less once you count PC and of course taste in games.
https://www.finder.com.au/2017-exclusives-comparison-ps4-xbox-one-switch
If i had to guess 25% of the sony dickriders actually have gaming pc's, and that might be high.

its just a thing they say to make it seem like they aren't missing out on Xbox games.

Forza 6, Forza Horizon 3, Halo 5, Gears 4, Ori and the blind forest, Inside, Dead Rising 3 and 4

I've loved all those games, i love that i can play Left 4 Dead 2 also with friends on Xbox One since i still have my 360 copy.

I have a PS4 also, i just honestly don't like their exclusives as much, but they do have more.

And dark souls is a Japanese game...

But it's not popular because it's Japanese... It being incredibly hard for many people is one big reason for its popularity. The game style as well. I wouldn't call the game style JRPG style.

But it's not popular because it's Japanese... It being incredibly hard for many people is one big reason for its popularity. The game style as well. I wouldn't call the game style JRPG style.

The game style is Japanese though. The soul game series is the spiritual successor of the king's field series (also Japanese) which was known for its difficulty as well. I hated that series (gave me headaches playing it for some reason)...

Japanese games are generally difficult too. As a matter of fact Japanese game makers used to believe that American gamers were not as good or smart as Japanese gamers so they made the games easier... that's how we got that final fantasy mystic quest rpg bullishit from Square...

If i had to guess 25% of the sony dickriders actually have gaming pc's, and that might be high.

its just a thing they say to make it seem like they aren't missing out on Xbox games.

Forza 6, Forza Horizon 3, Halo 5, Gears 4, Ori and the blind forest, Inside, Dead Rising 3 and 4

I've loved all those games, i love that i can play Left 4 Dead 2 also with friends on Xbox One since i still have my 360 copy.

I have a PS4 also, i just honestly don't like their exclusives as much, but they do have more.

That's the thing though. I am not a big fan or racing games and Halo and zgears of war are meh to me. There are better shooters out there IMO. Dead Rising is on PC and isn't a console game seller. Don't know the other games.

And yes we aren't missing out on Xbox games. I have giant backlog of great (and cheap games) purchased on steam. Tons of games available to me on PS4 with great exclusives. I bought a switch for the exclusives (Zelda, splatoon, Mario etc).

What is the Scorpio bringing to the table. They can't just drag out another Halo, Gears of War game and Forza cause if these were that great I would have bought an Xbone. They need exclusive IPs that will take advantage of that raw power and convince me to drop money on this console.

Then again I may just get it for shits n giggles. The VR potiential is there for sure...

Will this system be able to handle VR well? There's zero mention of that.
I guess? Hard to tell, because most of the optimizations are strictly for dx12 titles and just about every VR game is not dx12.
It's also not an easy thing to just throw VR into shit.
I'll bet anyone $20 that it'll have support for Holographic and the various headsets coming out for that over the year, I'm just not sure what software support it'd have outside of the ability to play games and view movies in cinema mode or whatever they call it.

Is a game like Forza at 60fps that really of a big deal? I wish they shown other games. Why are they showing the specs when the cars aren't even moving?
xbox-scorpio-forza.jpg

What's your point? Most people aren't going to spend a few g's just to play some games. Get that master race shit outta here and stay on topic.
But most people won't have to spend "a few g's just to play some games." They already have a computer that already plays A LOT of games. MS themselves made their exclusives available to PC via Play Anywhere, so this isn't something that people are just bringing up to be assholes (which admittedly a lot of the "master race" does on a regular basis). This is a pitfall that Microsoft themselves jumped headlong into.

Without games, any console out there is just an expensive paperweight or door jam. The Scorpio, regardless of the specs is no different.

What's your point? Most people aren't going to spend a few g's just to play some games. Get that master race shit outta here and stay on topic.

It does not take a few G's to build a good gaming PC.

Is a game like Forza at 60fps that really of a big deal? I wish they shown other games. Why are they showing the specs when the cars aren't even moving?
xbox-scorpio-forza.jpg

As I said Forza is a strange game. What give me pause is the fact that in the image and video they talk about how it was running at 4K with the GPU at only 66% use. While the game is known the bring four core CPUs to their knees and we would expect better performance on the higher core CPU in the Scorpio, it still seems off that at 4K the GPU does not have more of a load. Now perhaps they picked certain scenes in which they knew there was less demand.

In the end we will have to wait until it come out and we see some real world benchmarks.

But they aren't claiming 60fps for Forza Horizen, not even a mention. It seems like they chose Forza 6 for a reason.

Leadbetter goes on to say that Project Scorpio hitting native 4K 30FPS at the PC's Ultra preset in games like Forza Horizon 3 may not be impossible. "Based on what I saw here, the concept of the amazing-looking Forza Horizon 3 running at native 4K 30FPS at something approaching PC's Ultra settings doesn't seem outlandish. I can't wait to see what the team has come up with with the inevitable Forza Motorsport 7."

But most people won't have to spend "a few g's just to play some games." They already have a computer that already plays A LOT of games. MS themselves made their exclusives available to PC via Play Anywhere, so this isn't something that people are just bringing up to be assholes (which admittedly a lot of the "master race" does on a regular basis). This is a pitfall that Microsoft themselves jumped headlong into.

Without games, any console out there is just an expensive paperweight or door jam. The Scorpio, regardless of the specs is no different.

I thought we were talking about high resolution games at or near 60fps, you're saying most people have the right PC to play that?? That's not true at all. Play Anywhere is not going to sway the entire console gamer population over to PC gaming, their will always be people who would rather prefer the simple console where you just turn it on and play. No point in beating a dead horse.

His response wasn't about if it had games but rather that he could also get 4K 60fps with his PC. I wonder how much he spent and when he's thinking of buying another video card...

I thought we were talking about high resolution games at or near 60fps, you're saying most people have the right PC to play that?? That's not true at all. Play Anywhere is not going to sway the entire console gamer population over to PC gaming, their will always be people who would rather prefer the simple console where you just turn it on and play. No point in beating a dead horse.

His response wasn't about if it had games but rather that he could also get 4K 60fps with his PC. I wonder how much he spent and when he's thinking of buying another video card...
Well, you can put together a 4K gaming rig with a pre-dabbed system and half decent card for less that $500. Put in a beefier card, and you can probably do the 60fps at a few hundred more. It doesn't require "a few g's" in cash. You can see it below.

But on to the first part of your questions, I think the specs for the Scorpio are impressive. Then again, it should be as it's going to be the latest dedicated console to hit the market. What a lot of people are saying (myself included) is that without a game to make me consider buying the system, I don't have any reason to. I hope MS does well, but HW hype and specs can only take you so far. I mean, the Jaguar and was the most powerful console out at the time, that didn't mean much since it didn't have any good games.