WWE Is Dying...

DVR is added to the final ratings
Most people don't even have Hulu...

That's a lot of money that the USA Network is paying for being only a "stick measure."

Blatantly false information. Nearly everyone is streaming shows nowdays. You want a true way to measure how over a storyline is. Check crowd attendances, pPV buys, WWE network signings and whose merchandise sales are hot. As I said using ratings as your only measuring stick is archaic.

This is not about if I think the storyline is good. Its about you using an outdated source of measurement to measure if its successful or not.

Blatantly false information. Nearly everyone is streaming shows nowdays. You want a true way to measure how over a storyline is. Check crowd attendances, pPV buys, WWE network signings and whose merchandise sales are hot. As I said using ratings as your only measuring stick is archaic.

This is not about if I think the storyline is good. Its about you using an outdated source of measurement to measure if its successful or not.

None of what you said equals the revenue made from USA Network and ad revenue so tell those guys that "nearly everybody is streaming nowadays." and you think that's gonna make sense to them?

They wouldn't be paying them this much money if TV ratings was still only a small measuring stick. WWE would be devastated if all cable companies refused to work with the WWE and you know what would make them do that? The TV ratings my friend.

None of what you said equals the revenue made from USA Network and ad revenue so tell those guys that "nearly everybody is streaming nowadays." and you think that's gonna make sense to them?

They wouldn't be paying them this much money if TV ratings was still only a small measuring stick. WWE would be devastated if all cable companies refused to work with the WWE and you know what would make them do that? The TV ratings my friend.

No they would just shift RAW to the WWE network. Which is what they have done with the rest of their product. Its a new age of media. And you are using the wrong method in which to gauge if a storyline is over or not. Which is what you are trying to prove. Is it not ? I get that you don't like the storyline. But crowd attendances and merchandise sales have not been adversely affected which is where the WWE gets most of its revenue from.

No they would just shift RAW to the WWE network. Which is what they have done with the rest of their product. Its a new age of media. And you are using the wrong method in which to gauge if a storyline is over or not. Which is what you are trying to prove. Is it not ? I get that you don't like the storyline. But crowd attendances and merchandise sales have not been adversely affected which is where the WWE gets most of its revenue from.

We don't know merchandise sales, so who knows if they are doing good or not. Attendance, few weeks back Smackdown had 4000 people.... Things aren't all that good as it seems. I would love for them just to put Raw on the Network but there's a reason why they have not and still won't for a long while... They can't afford too. How are they going to get enough network subscribers to support the loss of TV revenue with their product being so shitty and again.. Record low ratings?

I was on your side of the argument just very recently and have realized that TV ratings still sadly matter in 2015. I don't even have cable anymore and think it's a harsh scam.

Wouldnt surprise me if they are intentionally writing below average for this period. What with the Baseball playoffs NFL, NHL and NBA starting. They know no is likely to be watching, so they dont try too hard.

lol at bubba being too poor to afford cable

^Yeah, lol at someone who has less money than you do.

WWE does need to get their shit together. With complete GARBAGE, like the New Day, and with the story lines that go nowhere, they're digging themselves deep in a hole they may never be able to recover from.

Most men my age do not watch WWE, because of the shitty product they force feed the audience that they take for granted. New Day running around, on a sugar high, screeching "BOOTY" is fucking embarassing. Meanwhile there's talent like Cesaro and Owens who they can barely find ten minutes for.

If it weren't for the time-tested BRAND NAME of WWE, they wouldn't be able to sell this shit.

Don't get me wrong. There are things about the current product that I can enjoy, but everything is so contrived, and badly done, that you have to be a loyal fan to search for the good, because it's hard to find in the current product.

There's only like 2 or 3 neckbeards on this site thank god that have to complain about every little thing. One of them, Lucha, is already clowning up this thread.

You can bring up Kardashians but I'll bring up Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones. Perfect examples of GREAT entertainment these days that do crazy good ratings and rape the NFL in every single showdown.

I'm not at all saying to go strictly wrestling. That would be boring without a story to tell.. But please stop insulting my intelligence every single show with this "OMG it's Kane!!!" Bullshit or this "Divas Revolution" branding that they need to repeat over and over well lying right to our faces telling us how organic it began.

Dave Meltzer, Wake Keller, Bryan Alvarez have been covering pro wrestling for years and most of their review shows are full of negativity these days. Can you really blame them? They are just stating the facts and aren't just looking The other way and acting like everything is fine. Are they not "fans" anymore for being honest? The truth hurts but it's still the truth...

All those dudes you mentioned, including each and every one of us, is a lot older these days. Maybe it's the fact we're not kids anymore that leads us to be so unforiving when it comes to criticizing PW.

I've been watching for longer than I can remember...and I still look forward to RAW every Monday. Maybe I can just roll with the punches and realize that NOTHING in life can be as exciting as the Monday Night Wars forever. There's peaks and valleys in everything.

It's a true shame that we let some of these columnists subconsciously dictate what we think is fun/entertaining.

We don't know merchandise sales, so who knows if they are doing good or not. Attendance, few weeks back Smackdown had 4000 people.... Things aren't all that good as it seems. I would love for them just to put Raw on the Network but there's a reason why they have not and still won't for a long while... They can't afford too. How are they going to get enough network subscribers to support the loss of TV revenue with their product being so shitty and again.. Record low ratings?

I was on your side of the argument just very recently and have realized that TV ratings still sadly matter in 2015. I don't even have cable anymore and think it's a harsh scam.

Who gives a damn about merchandise sales! who gives a damn about attendance!

Do YOU like the show!? Stop allowing ratings, columnists, and other peoples opinions dictate what you like!

What a generation we live in...smh.

WWE is dead for me, haven't watched it since I was 12.

WWE is dead for me, haven't watched it since I was 12.

Its kinda funny. I watched when I was a little kid. Then it got so corny and childish around the early 90's that I stopped(Or maybe I was just old enough at age 12 to realize how corny it was now).

But then, 1997 came around and I glanced at it one night, and it was a whole new more interesting ballgame, and both WCW and WWF had me watching.

Then around the early 2000's after the NWO return, I felt the quality had dropped off again and was not interested as much. Still glanced occasionally. But was mostly bored.

Maybe in the same way Jerry Springer eventually got boring.

A few days ago, I turned it on and found absolutely nothing that got my attention, and it seemed back to children programming.

Maybe eventually they will go "Eff the advertisers" and have another attitude era to blast popularity through the roof again. But I doubt it.

It is kind of funny because those advertisers who jumped on the WWF bandwagon when it became super popular made demands to family friendly programming that made it unwatchable again.

lol at bubba being too poor to afford cable

I don't know what it's like over in the U.S but here they make us pay for these shitty cable packages that nobody ask for and try and scam everybody. I'm not gonna pay for 50 channels just so I can watch 2 shows...

Fuck off with your poor shit. Cable does nothing for many people these days especially non sports fans.

All those dudes you mentioned, including each and every one of us, is a lot older these days. Maybe it's the fact we're not kids anymore that leads us to be so unforiving when it comes to criticizing PW.

I've been watching for longer than I can remember...and I still look forward to RAW every Monday. Maybe I can just roll with the punches and realize that NOTHING in life can be as exciting as the Monday Night Wars forever. There's peaks and valleys in everything.

It's a true shame that we let some of these columnists subconsciously dictate what we think is fun/entertaining.

Who gives a damn about merchandise sales! who gives a damn about attendance!

Do YOU like the show!? Stop allowing ratings, columnists, and other peoples opinions dictate what you like!

What a generation we live in...smh.

Now you're making shit up and claiming that I'm getting subconsciously dictated by what other people are saying and ratings... Dude I watch the product too every fucking show and am also excited to see what they do next.

I'm bringing up columnist and ratings because those things are fucking proof that I'm not the only person who is criticizing the current product. The fact that you are basically making the claim that I can't make my own decision and need to hear others to make mine well being so obvious to avoid the truth about its state tells me you came here to do nothing but only praise your form of entertainment.

When did I say that I care for merchandise sales? Somebody else brought it up and I told him that we don't know what the true sales are... Looks like somebody ain't reading, just schilling.

Have fun.

I don't know what it's like over in the U.S but here they make us pay for these shitty cable packages that nobody ask for and try and scam everybody. I'm not gonna pay for 50 channels just so I can watch 2 shows...

Fuck off with your poor shit. Cable does nothing for many people these days especially non sports fans.

lol poverty exposed

I dont own cable

I watch all my stuff on the internet

its easy for me, Don't gotta follow some bullshit tv scheduled or pay extra for DVR

Now you're making shit up and claiming that I'm getting subconsciously dictated by what other people are saying and ratings... Dude I watch the product too every fucking show and am also excited to see what they do next.

I'm bringing up columnist and ratings because those things are fucking proof that I'm not the only person who is criticizing the current product. The fact that you are basically making the claim that I can't make my own decision and need to hear others to make mine well being so obvious to avoid the truth about its state tells me you came here to do nothing but only praise your form of entertainment.

When did I say that I care for merchandise sales? Somebody else brought it up and I told him that we don't know what the true sales are... Looks like somebody ain't reading, just schilling.

Have fun.

I wish I knew you in person...so I could Perfect Plex your @$$!

That's the problem here... You got the best talent ever in Pro Wrestling history and the non existent feuds and story lines are killing that fact and rendering it useless. Who cares about a few good matches here and there when there's no struggle or story for anybody to care about. Not to mention the corny segments and scripting of the promo's...Anybody who constantly watches the product has the right and will complain.

There's no way anybody can not point out the absurdity coming from this company every single week. That's just how it is, it's no different then a sports guy bitching about his favorite team not winning. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't watch right?.... Bandwagon'r cough Bandwagon'r.

I watch every couple months and enjoy the hell out of the matches, but I'm not making wwe any money.

It's true, better storylines, more blading amd swearing and I'd be a loyal customer

Back