WWE Is Dying...

Jesus Freak

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...is what I hope NOT to read in every other thread on this new sub-forum!

"Fans" who wanna whine about how "WWE sucks" need to think about this for a second...

Picture Rollins, Kalisto, Prince Puma, etc. appearing in an old school (80s-90s) event...

People's heads would explode by what they witnessed!

I've ordered the Network a few times and have rewatched some of the older WWE, WCW, NWA, etc. stuff and the amount of botching, even on the simplest spots, is outrageous!

Granted, we didn't know any better back then, but the point is, don't crap all over today's product(s) given the high level of talent out there. It may bot be utilized to its full potential all the time, but it's still major talent.

That's the problem here... You got the best talent ever in Pro Wrestling history and the non existent feuds and story lines are killing that fact and rendering it useless. Who cares about a few good matches here and there when there's no struggle or story for anybody to care about. Not to mention the corny segments and scripting of the promo's...Anybody who constantly watches the product has the right and will complain.

There's no way anybody can not point out the absurdity coming from this company every single week. That's just how it is, it's no different then a sports guy bitching about his favorite team not winning. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't watch right?.... Bandwagon'r cough Bandwagon'r.

What's rassler pay like these days?

That's the problem here... You got the best talent ever in Pro Wrestling history and the non existent feuds and story lines are killing that fact and rendering it useless. Who cares about a few good matches here and there when there's no struggle or story for anybody to care about. Not to mention the corny segments and scripting of the promo's...Anybody who constantly watches the product has the right and will complain.

There's no way anybody can not point out the absurdity coming from this company every single week. That's just how it is, it's no different then a sports guy bitching about his favorite team not winning. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't watch right?.... Bandwagon'r cough Bandwagon'r.

I've never quite understood the whole "corny segments/promos" argument...

Do you REMEMBER Adrian Adonis!?!?!?!

And Lucha Underground is Rising:D

LU is dope, no doubt, but I'd love to attend a taping to see just how badly those dudes botch their spots.

It's easy to make it look near-flawless when it's that heavily edited.

Not a fan of men wrestling women either. The whole concept is ridiculous, but I doubt a womens-only division would be highly successful in any PW org.

I've never quite understood the whole "corny segments/promos" argument...

Do you REMEMBER Adrian Adonis!?!?!?!

Do you remember what year it is today? What entertained people then will not entertain people now, that's just how it is. It's called being out of touch.

There's a reason why so many pro wrestling fans today are in the closet... It's the corniness... People look down on it because of that crap and it's just not needed.

Case in point....
tumblr_nvf299bpPk1saykaxo2_400.gif

I rarely watch RAW, normally read a recap and look up highlights after, but I am watching more WWE product than I have in a very long time.

The network is great, Table for 3, Rivalries, WWE 24, Unfiltered, Swerved, The List.. I enjoy all these shows.

I'm gonna get stoned and watch the Flair/Steamboat Rivalries soon, and I'm excited.

There's a reason why so many pro wrestling fans today are in the closet... It's the corniness... People look down on it because of that crap and it's just not needed.

Case in point....

i thought ppl looked down on it bc for yearrrsss it's been associated with being a broke ass hillbilly fuck living in a trailer park. and then after that people are like "but it's fake, you watch fake fights???", then it's "don't you think that's really gay? half naked men touching each other . . . "

never heard the "it's full of corny segments" one

i thought ppl looked down on it bc for yearrrsss it's been associated with being a broke ass hillbilly fuck living in a trailer park. and then after that people are like "but it's fake, you watch fake fights???", then it's "don't you think that's really gay? half naked men touching each other . . . "

never heard the "it's full of corny segments" one

Seems to be many reason's why and I agree with yours also. I'll never understand why Pro Wrestling hasn't ever moved away from this look... Its associated with circus people these days in my opinion and not everybody wants to see the shape of every wrestler's ass and balls.

TheMiz.png

"Shit is gayyy dude." Well in 2015 ya I have to agree.... Get with the times...

Do you remember what year it is today? What entertained people then will not entertain people now, that's just how it is. It's called being out of touch.

Case in point....

Being out of touch? Have you seen some of the crappy programming these days!? The Kardashians is a perfect example of what this brain-dead nation calls entertainment these days.

If WWE went the ROH route and kept it strictly wrestling, it would fold overnight. Much like the hardcore MMA fans will watch just about every Fight Night event, hardcore PW fans will watch ROH, PWG, LU, etc.

PW fans have always been in the closet...but it doesn't feel that way every time you attend a taping, even a house show, much less when you watch Wrestlemania attendance growing every year.

not sure why the writing is so bad on purpose almost

Because you are not the target audience anymore.

Have you seen the stuff that kids watch these days? Can you really compare it to the horse shit coming out of Raw?.... Don't the record low ratings tell you that the target audience doesn't give a fuck?

What kids are staying up until 11pm on a Monday night? I cant imagine that many. Certainly not the age group that WWE seem to be targeting (5-10 year olds). It is completely ass backwards.:)

Have you seen the stuff that kids watch these days? Can you really compare it to the horse shit coming out of Raw?.... Don't the record low ratings tell you that the target audience doesn't give a fuck?

You seem to be stuck in a loop. Most people now watch RAW on Hulu, stream it, dvr it so they can fast forward through the divas matches etc etc. Using tv ratings as the only yard stick to measure success in todays media is archaic.

Being out of touch? Have you seen some of the crappy programming these days!? The Kardashians is a perfect example of what this brain-dead nation calls entertainment these days.

If WWE went the ROH route and kept it strictly wrestling, it would fold overnight. Much like the hardcore MMA fans will watch just about every Fight Night event, hardcore PW fans will watch ROH, PWG, LU, etc.

PW fans have always been in the closet...but it doesn't feel that way every time you attend a taping, even a house show, much less when you watch Wrestlemania attendance growing every year.

You can bring up Kardashians but I'll bring up Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones. Perfect examples of GREAT entertainment these days that do crazy good ratings and rape the NFL in every single showdown.

I'm not at all saying to go strictly wrestling. That would be boring without a story to tell.. But please stop insulting my intelligence every single show with this "OMG it's Kane!!!" Bullshit or this "Divas Revolution" branding that they need to repeat over and over well lying right to our faces telling us how organic it began.

Dave Meltzer, Wake Keller, Bryan Alvarez have been covering pro wrestling for years and most of their review shows are full of negativity these days. Can you really blame them? They are just stating the facts and aren't just looking The other way and acting like everything is fine. Are they not "fans" anymore for being honest? The truth hurts but it's still the truth...

You seem to be stuck in a loop. Most people now watch RAW on Hulu, stream it, dvr it so they can fast forward through the divas matches etc etc. Using tv ratings as the only yard stick to measure success in todays media is archaic.

DVR is added to the final ratings
Most people don't even have Hulu...

The Wrestling Observer broke down the deal.

"That news would indicate the U.S. TV revenue of $106 million per year in 2013 would increase to roughly $142 million to $155 million in 2015, far below the $280 million hoped for, let alone analysts who were throwing around figures of more than $400 million when seeing NASCAR ratings comparisons," according to the publication.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/17/inside-the-wwe-raw-and-smackdown-tv-deals.aspx

That's a lot of money that the USA Network is paying for being only a "stick measure."

A decade-plus of awful mismanagement is catching up to them hard.

Back