WRDL: Sign up sheet, Debate Topics & Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already wrote my opening statement (500 words). I'd probably win by a landslide even if I posted nothing else. To whom should I send it?
I like your enthusiasm dude. We still need to get all the logistics worked out a bit, and waiting on @snakedafunky to confirm he is game for this.
Lemme touch base with Fawlty.

The people demand bread and circuses..... and debates

Always ready to collect another skull to drink from. Who knows, maybe this one is even connected to a spine.

I don't why but this actually made me laugh.

Apparently being able to do something isn't tantamount to actually doing it.

Dammits. I'm itchin' for this.

Apparently being able to do something isn't tantamount to actually doing it.

Dammits. I'm itchin' for this.
Judges have been selected & notified. Likely going to be a small format change for this debate.

Title: "Is Christianity worse than Islam in todays world"...I'm already laughing..
Why would you ask for fawlty to moderate a debate between us, and then choose not only a topic of your choice, but a question that has no answer?

The point of a moderator is that he puts the debate issues on the table, and then we debate those issues. That's how a debate works.

@Fawlty create a thread for us and present a topic please. I have a feeling this will be easy.

Why would you ask for fawlty to moderate a debate between us, and then choose not only a topic of your choice, but a question that has no answer?

The point of a moderator is that he puts the debate issues on the table, and then we debate those issues. That's how a debate works.

@Fawlty create a thread for us and present a topic please. I have a feeling this will be easy.
That's not how it works, weasel. I am challenging you to a debate of Christianity vs Islam..you have said that Christianity is "worse than Islam"...either put up, or shut the fuck up.

That's not how it works, weasel. I am challenging you to a debate of Christianity vs Islam..you have said that Christianity is "worse than Islam"...either put up, or shut the fuck up.
I gladly accept. What's the first subtopic?

I'm not going to do a wide open Christianity vs Islam debate just yet, but we might be able to narrow it down.

There has been a dispute over one factual claim between you guys that I have noticed. Glennrod, you say that Islam is overwhelmingly responsible for terror and brutality, and Ham Socks you say that only about 10% of the world's violence is attributable to Islam. I think that may be a good place to start looking for a debate topic. Maybe you guys want to flesh out the nature of your disagreement. If you can do it civilly, that is. I'm all for slinging shit, but we can't bring that atmosphere into a structured debate unless the actual disagreement is understood.

I'm not going to do a wide open Christianity vs Islam debate just yet, but we might be able to narrow it down.

There has been a dispute over one factual claim between you guys that I have noticed. Glennrod, you say that Islam is overwhelmingly responsible for terror and brutality, and Ham Socks you say that only about 10% of the world's violence is attributable to Islam. I think that may be a good place to start looking for a debate topic. Maybe you guys want to flesh out the nature of your disagreement. If you can do it civilly, that is. I'm all for slinging shit, but we can't bring that atmosphere into a structured debate unless the actual disagreement is understood.
He has been running his mouth saying that Christianity is worse than Islam. That's what i want to debate him on..if you wanted to narrow it down to, say, Either religions contributions to the growth of society, or which religion has the most violent followers, I think its pretty obvious that I would take that on. I am off out tonight though, so can't dedicate my time to doing it tonight. I will have my phone on me though, so we can sort out the terms via PM

@glennrod, I'm eager to see you mop the floors with your opposition. I'm still a bit more eager to start my debate with the snake of funk, it has taken quite a while now.

I will post my pros/cons tonight. Too much to type out on my phone.

I will post my pros/cons tonight. Too much to type out on my phone.
I called YOU out, never forget that...so make sure you post all of your totally awesome and relevant points in MY thread...PM me when you're ready

I called YOU out, never forget that...so make sure you post all of your totally awesome and relevant points in MY thread...PM me when you're ready
Where's your thread? Why don't you start us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back