WRDL: Sign up sheet, Debate Topics & Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's your thread? Why don't you start us off.
Oh i'd be happy to..we are in different timezones though, and i work..so i'd be a fool to start a thread at gone midnight on a work day with a delusional lunatic like you..don't worry though, it won't be long..i promise

@glennrod, I'm eager to see you mop the floors with your opposition. I'm still a bit more eager to start my debate with the snake of funk, it has taken quite a while now.
Yes it has, my apologies. All I'm waiting on now is a moderator (debate mod, not SD mod).

We're going to do a public opening statement rather than blind openings this time, to see how it goes. @snakedafunky will respond to your OP, and you will get the last closing. The first half will proceed 'opening post-response-response-response,' then a time period (~48 hours) of free exchange, then questions if applicable, then closing.

@Fawlty

Already done, try and keep up
My post got butchered.

We need to debate some issue you have with what I've said. The basis of debate is a disagreement. Talking pros and cons on both religions isn't a debate, or even right or wrong.

@Fawlty

Already done, try and keep up
We talked about that already, and I indicated that it has to be a narrower topic in order to host it in debate league. You guys are totally free to make your own thread and request that people give you guys some space to debate however you like, or you guys can pin down a smaller proposition and we'll host it.

Also, if anybody is interested in moderating debates, please let me know. It's not as easy as you'd think to have an organizer moderate a debate, bit of a conflict of interest there. As long as you can be neutral when necessary, and keep a debate on track, that's all we need.

I think one of the dudebros is a bit too busy right now, postponed

I'm always busy, but never too busy to take down a SJW. And any opponent will do. The result will still be the same.

How many debates have there been and who won them?

How many debates have there been and who won them?
This is the third.
m52nickerson won against Thursaz in the first, Cold Front and Ncordless went to a no contest in the second. This one was actually far down the docket but everything else fell through at the last minute. I was so excited for the civil war debate, too.

This is the third.
m52nickerson won against Thursaz in the first, Cold Front and Ncordless went to a no contest in the second. This one was actually far down the docket but everything else fell through at the last minute. I was so excited for the civil war debate, too.
Aww thnx. What was Cold Front and Ncords topic?

This is the third.
I correct you by mentioning that I won by a landslide as established by no lesser authority than the illustrious president of the War Room, @Palis himself, and his executive order, overriding the confused and malinformed judgment of the judges, who apparently all impersonated Cecil Peoples, and should be punished for their cultural appropriation. If someone has a problem with that, I guess he can get amends from the president himself - I hear he offers free helicopter rides to soothe the feelings of those who feel he can do wrong.

I correct you by mentioning that I won by a landslide as established by no lesser authority than the illustrious president of the War Room, @Palis himself, and his executive order, overriding the confused and malinformed judgment of the judges, who apparently all impersonated Cecil Peoples, and should be punished for their cultural appropriation. If someone has a problem with that, I guess he can get amends from the president himself - I hear he offers free helicopter rides to soothe the feelings of those who feel he can do wrong.
<mma4>

@Gutter Chris i'm gonna put you down as the opponent for @Captain Davis
If the timing is right for you both, we could do this for the next debate seeing as neither of you has debated yet and afaik the other guys aren't ready yet anyway

@Gutter Chris i'm gonna put you down as the opponent for @Captain Davis
If the timing is right for you both, we could do this for the next debate seeing as neither of you has debated yet and afaik the other guys aren't ready yet anyway

Im quite nervous and have never done this sort of thing before . Any idea when me and Cap are going to do this thing ?

Im quite nervous and have never done this sort of thing before . Any idea when me and Cap are going to do this thing ?
It'll be a couple weeks at least. And don't worry, i'm going to structure that debate around historical documents so it will be less about back and forth and more about making a convincing analysis. I will PM the appropriate links to both of you and the judges before the debate starts so you'll have plenty of time to read up in advance. Thanks for stepping up to this, hopefully it's good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back