Wow sherdog hates some Woodley... good for him!!

And for some reason you are only telling half of the story. What purpose does leaving out the fact that he wants a fight with GSP serve you? We all know he wanted the GSP or Diaz fight before the Robbie Lawler fight. Just admit your real reasons for hating the guy instead of hiding behind some half truth. This is why TS mentioned speculated racism, the haters lie about the guy, know it's a lie and expect people to believe it. My personal favorite is that he held out 18 months for his title shot.

So the fact that he wants to fight a retired guy instead of the number one contender who is on a 7 fight winning streak, just beat rory mcdonald and is a very bad matchup for him doesnt mean he is ducking but that im racist? lold.

"but it wouldn't be fair". yeah great kafir. not a hypocrite at all. only woodley is, isn't he. lol
Okay, Bisping is being a bit of a hypocrite. But let's remember when he said that Hendo was 2-5 in the UFC with only wins over Shogun at LHW. Since then he dropped down to MW and has been 2-1 with okay wins. The situation evolved.

With Tyron its very simple. He said the champ should fight the most deserving contender when he was a contender. Now he's the champ and he's looking for a money fight. Not much of an evolution beyond the shoe being on the other foot.

Does disliking a fighter that has tried to dodge title defenses for easier fights, successfully dodged one fight already (Lombard), sat out for over a year demanding a title shot that he never earned automatically make someone racist just because he is black?
All good points but you forgot about his blatant hypocrisy.

Woodley was a one man crybaby campaign about the injustice of number one contenders not getting tittle shots and how it wasn't a sport and it was ridiculous that fights were being made based on money rather than rankings.....

Only to duck TWO rightful contenders and call out fighters that are retired BECAUSE HE WANTS "big money fights"

Woodley is MMA's biggest hypocrite.

But if you don't support his antics you are a racist.

Yay for the race card- when all else fails and there is no logical response, play the race card.

The proof is in the fact that woodley tried hard to get a fight with nick diaz, who had 1 fight in the last 3 years and on paper is a way easier opponent than thompson, even though I think diaz would beat him as well. He also said thompson for whatever reason should fight lawler instead of him..

So if Woodley could make 5 mil fighting CM Punk and 500 000 fighting the nr 1 contender you would asume that Woodley is scared to face the nr 1 contender if he was campaining for the CM Punk fight? Is this youre logic?

So if Woodley could make 5 mil fighting CM Punk and 500 000 fighting the nr 1 contender you would asume that Woodley is scared to face the nr 1 contender if he was campaining for the CM Punk fight? Is this youre logic?

He probably can make bigger numbers fighting wonderboy thompson than fighting nick diaz who is retired for years.. And if he wouldnt be scared he still could go for "moneyfights" after he beat the guy who rightfully earned a titleshot. How about that?

GSP is hardly better, he hasn't fought in three years and no one knows when he's coming back whereas Wonderboy is healthy and ready to go.

GSP is hardly better than Diaz? WTFLOL... He's only one of the GOATs, any fighter in their right mind would go after that opportunity.

What is my real reason for hating the guy?

How dumb does it really have to get? You want me to guess why you hate someone..

uhh-not-quite.gif

GSP is hardly better than Diaz? WTFLOL... He's only one of the GOATs, any fighter in their right mind would go after that opportunity.
Sure but he hasn't fought in three years and he tore his ACL after vacating the title.

I don't blame Woodley for wanting a money fight, I'm blaming him for being a hypocrite given all his whining about how money fights should take a back seat to deserving contenders getting their shot before winning the title and then quickly changing his mind once he won the title. If Woodley defended against Wonderboy and Maia, and he very well can, then lobbied for GSP I can understand. That would be two solid defenses, at that point I would say he earned the right to start making some demands.
How dumb does it really have to get? You want me to guess why you hate someone..

uhh-not-quite.gif
Great, so you admit you've no idea what my motives might be. So fuck off with trying to project some ulterior motive.

So the fact that he wants to fight a retired guy instead of the number one contender who is on a 7 fight winning streak, just beat rory mcdonald and is a very bad matchup for him doesnt mean he is ducking but that im racist? lold.

Well to be fair by Wonderboy's own admission he said he wanted to fight Lawler, when he could have easily said he'll fight the winner of the title fight. Now he has to back track of course because his true goal is ultimately the UFC Gold.

And this isn't just some retired guy this is GSP.. It's like having the opportunity to fight Fedor or Anderson but you pass it up to fight a guy who's like Weidman. Who would do that? Woodley knows he'd have to fight #1 contenders, he's not stupid. But he may only have 1 shot to put a GOAT on his resume. You and the rest of the haters know this, ya'll are just acting dumb.

He hasn't ducked WB yet and I never called you a racist. You're argument is pathetic.

uhh-not-quite.gif

Any fighter that actually cares about his legacy would try to fight the next highest ranked guy in line which most of the time also brings more money than fighting guys who are retired for years. And they probably wouldnt play matchmaker for the guy who is most dangerous for them. Or maybe they would, which then also would be called ducking, no matter which colour they have or how you slice it. There is a lot of people criticizing connor because he wasnt fighting frankie and defending the title even though in his case frankie wasnt as much as a clear contender as wonderboy is. But I guess they are just hating on him being irish right?

He probably can make bigger numbers fighting wonderboy thompson than fighting nick diaz who is retired for years.. And if he wouldnt be scared he still could go for "moneyfights" after he beat the guy who rightfully earned a titleshot. How about that?

My take away from Woodley s "ducking" is that hes signaling to the UFC that he wants to get paid. My speculation is that Woodley will have to fight Wonderboy but as a result of hes campaining he will get a better contract to do so. I dont see it as ducking, I se it as a smart way to start negotiations with the UFC right away. Woodley gets a "easy" money fight he wins. Woodley gets the nr 1 contender with a good contract as a direct result of hes campaining for a money fight, he also wins.

Just keep in mind that people that accuse others of racism rarely make any connections whatsoever with logic or reasoning and it should all make sense.
If they don't agree with you, you are racist.

My take away from Woodley s "ducking" is that hes signaling to the UFC that he wants to get paid. My speculation is that Woodley will have to fight Wonderboy but as a result of hes campaining he will get a better contract to do so. I dont see it as ducking, I se it as a smart way to start negotiations with the UFC right away. Woodley gets a "easy" money fight he wins. Woodley gets the nr 1 contender with a good contract as a direct result of hes campaining for a money fight, he also wins.
There's an obvious way for him to achieve that; actually fight.

There's an obvious way for him to achieve that; actually fight.

Mabey he will fight Wonderboy only on better economical terms. Guess we just have to wait and see to get an answer.

How can you not like a guy that has the word WOOD in his name? I'm down with TWood. Taking out a hard headed Robbie Lawler is easy feat, giving TWood some mma luv....

Sure but he hasn't fought in three years and he tore his ACL after vacating the title.

I don't blame Woodley for wanting a money fight, I'm blaming him for being a hypocrite given all his whining about how money fights should take a back seat to deserving contenders getting their shot before winning the title and then quickly changing his mind once he won the title. If Woodley defended against Wonderboy and Maia, and he very well can, then lobbied for GSP I can understand. That would be two solid defenses, at that point I would say he earned the right to start making some demands.

I get where you're coming from but it's shrouded in something that isn't the whole story. He's not quickly changing his mind since he won the title. He stated very clearly before the Robbie fight that he'd want those money fights because names like Diaz and GSP where floating around to fight Lawler. Now I do agree that he complained about the "back seat" and that does make him a hypocrite. And if that's why you don't like him that's a perfectly acceptable reason I guess.

But again It's GSP, and it's not like he hasn't been training, hasn't been in contract conversations and isn't in the USADA testing pool. By the end of 2016 if you where in Woodley's position and you could either fight GSP or Wonderboy who would you fight?

Great, so you admit you've no idea what my motives might be. So fuck off with trying to project some ulterior motive.

I'm not trying to project an ulterior motive, I want you and the rest of the haters to be honest. Some of you are probably racially triggered, but that's not everyone and it's ignorant to say so. I or no one else can speculate why you trash on someone so just be open about it.

Any fighter that actually cares about his legacy would try to fight the next highest ranked guy in line which most of the time also brings more money than fighting guys who are retired for years. And they probably wouldnt play matchmaker for the guy who is most dangerous for them. Or maybe they would, which then also would be called ducking, no matter which colour they have or how you slice it. There is a lot of people criticizing connor because he wasnt fighting frankie and defending the title even though in his case frankie wasnt as much as a clear contender as wonderboy is. But I guess they are just hating on him being irish right?

Any fighter would try to cement their legacy by doing what you're saying and also by beating one of the best that has ever entered the Octagon. You cannot deny that. Anyone at Welterweight would love to have a win over GSP on their resume. It's not even a debate.

Wonderboy is dangerous but he's not Tyron's most dangerous opponent. Stephen has a lot of areas that Woodley can exploit. In fact Rory was more of a threat to Tyron than Thompson is imo.

Conor's getting flack because he's had the belt for almost a year and keeps making bullshit fights with Nate Diaz in a different weight class when he could be defending his belt.

You called guys being racist for pretty much having the same opinion I have so..

You're a liar. Show where I've called someone a racist about this issue. Now I've made a statement about someone.

Mabey he will fight Wonderboy only on better economical terms. Guess we just have to wait and see to get an answer.
How? If hhe's still under contract he can't renegotiate. On the other hand if he keeps winning by the time his contract runs out then he'll be in a better position to renegotiate.

i like woodley and think he's funny and entertaining.

not sure why everything got so racially charged around him.

considering his wrestling background he might have a better chance with maia than condit. but not sure anyone can handle maia's ground game right now

Back