Would Big John dare disqualify Jon for eye pokes?

JBJ doesn't "vibe" with BJM because BJM is retired LAPD (Bones nose) and he can feel that cop presence when it's near him.

Considering the very well documented and earned reputation for being corrupt, anyone should be suspicious of LAPD. You walked right into that one with your boring attempt at humor. Let it go. You're overmatched here.

imagine big jon n jon jones got into a fight n it turned into a 3 way only 1 man makes it out alive

If an eyepoke is accidental then it deserves a warning.

When JJ rakes the other fighter's face with open palm and ends up poking him, then it is no longer accidental.

I don't know why refs are afraid of deducting points. Multiple warnings serve no purpose at all.

He god damn well better! That little prick gets away with all sorts of shit, I want to see him humbled.

Bro they don't even deduct a point for nut kicking and fence grabbing on the 1st instance. Generally it takes a warning or two before a point is deducted. You make a rule that is a point deduct with no warnings and you better be ready for the consequences. Imagine your favorite fighter is in a title fight or an important contender fight, 5 rounds, the fight is close as shit, and your guy loses due to an inadvertent eye poke, which happes all the time by the way. No warning, just your guy loses because of an accident and a point deduction.

I'm not really ready for such a rule.

It is simple really, if you want to fight with your fingers extended then be ready for the consequences when you jam them into your opponents eyes.

I am not talking about all eyepokes. I am saying when a ref sees a fighter fighting with his fingers extended on his lead hand then he warns him:

"If you stick those fingers in your opponents eyes you will lose a point."

And as I said, a rule change is unnecessary. It is already within the refs power to take a point at their discretion.

Nah wont happen. Jon will probably poke an eye or two as I think he treats fights as real fights rather than competitions, but no DQ. If he does DC should do everything in his power to score a hard nut shot. No one becomes the best fairly and if youre not cheating youre not trying hard enough. That being said fuck the eye poke tactic Jon uses, it really is a bitch made strategy but cest la vie.
I don't agree with the "not cheating - not trying" saying, but I've said the same thing about nutshots. If Jonnyboy gets into the Krav Maga rules like usual with the finger attacks to the eyes, it's only wise for DC to follow suit and go nuclear with the groin strikes.

Jon already has one disqualification for his 12-6 but, I wonder if John McCarthy is prepared to just keep taking points away OR, would he dare disqualify the main event and have Dana White turn even more tomato red?

I don't recall ANY fighter being disqualified for eye pokes only because they are all assumed accidental.
Can anyone recall if Big John has disqualified a fighter for eye poking?
how bout taking a point away for an eye poke once warned
hardly need to disqualify a guy
a second eye poke once warned would be another point deduction

Considering the very well documented and earned reputation for being corrupt, anyone should be suspicious of LAPD. You walked right into that one with your boring attempt at humor. Let it go. You're overmatched here.
I didn't walk into anything you dope. We all know about the LAPD and bones is a young black man with a criminal record. It's called irony. I'm rarely overmatched.

You mean the same Big John that awarded Bobby Green a TKO by a low shot?

Green had had 2 low shots in that very same round and had already been deducted a point btw.

I was going to post this. And yes, BJM will take points away.

He'd better well be prepared to if Jon forces his hand!

BJM won't disqualify him out of nowhere. He will obviously issue a stern warning and deduct a point afterward. Once that happens, Bones knows BJM's not fucking around and he'll stop with the eye pokes and try to finish the fight to prevent it going to decision. Depending on how close the fight is, a decision could lead to a draw or loss for him and Jones can't risk that.

If Jones' fingers were so easy to 'punch and break' someone would have just done it by now. Love all you morons thinking you are fight gurus, and have all the solutions. Jones is in your head. Try to be less triggered.

Small Joint Manipulation foul.

Love or hate Jones, it would pretty much prove that he's the wrong guy to ref the fight. The fighters need to be treated equally and each fight should be refereed individually.

I disagree. Taking points for eye pokes, after warning fighters to close their hands prior to that is exactly the kind of step that is needed across the board. It's come to the point where it's generally accepted that you get one free pass per fight in regards to eye pokes. That simply should not be allowed to continue. Fouls need to be enforced when they begin becoming a repeated issue.

Small Joint Manipulation foul.

Punching the fingers isn't a foul. Grabbing them and trying to break them that way would be. You aren't manipulating the joint by striking it, only by grabbing and twisting/pivoting/pulling/pushing at it are you then manipulating the joint.

I think he would if it wasn't UFC 200. But I'm sure he's aware of the insane backlash he would get by disqualifying the champion in the main event of a PPV with potentially 1.5 mil buys.

all he needs to do is deduct points at first. If jones continues then sure disqualify him. There are rules for a reason

Big John is teh boss and should do whatever he wants. Aint like Jonny can do anything - he doesnt fight heavyweights.

The people who think that McCarthy is going to be some sort of game changer in this fight need to watch Manhoef/Carlvalho and stop making these idiotic fucking threads.

http://bellator.spike.com/fight/swmovl/bellator-155-rafael-carvalho-vs-melvin-manhoef

I'm much more inclined to believe that Jones doesn't want McCarthy reffing his fights because he's an ex-cop, and Jones is probably getting a bad vibe from every current or former LEO that he encounters these days after that body cam footage was released to TMZ.

Back