Would Big John dare disqualify Jon for eye pokes?

What would really be funny is if Jones lost a few points but was beating DC down badly and it ended in a majority draw and both guys kept their titles. DC having been beaten and bludgeoned still the undisputed champ while Jones remains the interim champ and the fight accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I'd like to see someone target his hands like he targets their eyes. Do what OSP did but just keep at it. Break a few fingers in round one.

giphy.gif

tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo2_400.gif

I need a clean fight so no one has excuses.

I was wondering if Big John will be removed from the fight in the next few days?, with all this drama Jones and his team have made about it, I wonder if they will just replace him with a different ref and make Big John do that refs fight. seems like a simple solution

who would "they" be in your scenario?

Not only would he do it, he'd probably get a kick out of doing it.

That's just part of McCarthy's "energy," as Jones would say.

In cases like Jones', it won't be harsh to deduct points on the first eye poke, given his history.

It would be very funny and he'd deserve it. He's done it too many times now.

Wil he be warned on even just opening his fist?? That is the big question, imo

You mean the same Big John that awarded Bobby Green a TKO by a low shot?

Green had had 2 low shots in that very same round and had already been deducted a point btw.

UFC recently did a top 5 body kick countdown, and the girl listed this as number 1...

I think he would after 5 times. 1st time warning, second time final warning. 3rd time point taken. 4th time another point taken. And if he were to do it a fifth time, I could see Big John disqualifying him.

It would have to be ridiculously obvious for him to DQ the champion
Besides, who would want to win the title that way?

You mean the same Big John that awarded Bobby Green a TKO by a low shot?

Green had had 2 low shots in that very same round and had already been deducted a point btw.

Sherdog was very divided about this for weeks after it happened. I think the consensus was that the kick was not a low blow, but it hit the low abdomen in a spot to either jostle the cup or otherwise make it feel more painful than one might expect. The guy had been flopping after each "low" blow already, and I think Big John was tired of it by that point.

I would be training the hard jab into the fingers of JJ. I would target those bony fingers. Like OSP did. Fucking Josh Rosenthall was the worst about the finger. Watch the Rampage fight and he isn't saying shit to JJ about his fingers. I don't like John and his BS knee stomps. I know its legal but I think it is a dick move.

If Jones' fingers were so easy to 'punch and break' someone would have just done it by now. Love all you morons thinking you are fight gurus, and have all the solutions. Jones is in your head. Try to be less triggered.

I don't think that a rule change would necessarily be needed. The ref just has to tell the fighter that if he is going to fight with his fingers extended, then he will lose a point for the first eyepoke. The ref already has the power to take a point at his discretion, so that would not be overstepping his authority. The initial statement would be considered the warning.
I actually love this idea, solutions oriented. Open fingers at your own risk.

Warning, point, then DQ. I think Jon knows now John will take a point and we won't see him doing it.

No chance. We're talking about the referee who convinced the doctors to let Jon Jones continue his fight against Gus (I'm glad they did though).

I find it funny how Jones claims that he just doesn't "vibe" with BJM. It's painfully obvious that his crutch is using his fingers as a deterrent against his opponent's advance. I'm not too picky about the kicks to the knee as much as I am about many fighters who do this.... (elias tarzan theodouroourourourouru)
JBJ doesn't "vibe" with BJM because BJM is retired LAPD (Bones nose) and he can feel that cop presence when it's near him.

I don't think that a rule change would necessarily be needed. The ref just has to tell the fighter that if he is going to fight with his fingers extended, then he will lose a point for the first eyepoke. The ref already has the power to take a point at his discretion, so that would not be overstepping his authority. The initial statement would be considered the warning.

Bro they don't even deduct a point for nut kicking and fence grabbing on the 1st instance. Generally it takes a warning or two before a point is deducted. You make a rule that is a point deduct with no warnings and you better be ready for the consequences. Imagine your favorite fighter is in a title fight or an important contender fight, 5 rounds, the fight is close as shit, and your guy loses due to an inadvertent eye poke, which happes all the time by the way. No warning, just your guy loses because of an accident and a point deduction.

I'm not really ready for such a rule.

Back