Would Big John dare disqualify Jon for eye pokes?

Jon does it so much without ever getting a point taken that they should just make a new rule that allows him to do it.

He was too scared to even take a point from Carvelho in the Bellator title fight for breaking every rule in the book multiple times, no way he would DQ Jones.

Uh, you guys do know that the vast majority of DQs are based on whether or not the opposing fighter can continue right?

It's not enough points are taken away and then a DQ is given. It's if a fighter lands an intentional foul which renders the opponent unable to continue then that results in that outcome. Not including extreme circumstances like the ref being attacked or something on that level.

I find it funny how Jones claims that he just doesn't "vibe" with BJM. It's painfully obvious that his crutch is using his fingers as a deterrent against his opponent's advance. I'm not too picky about the kicks to the knee as much as I am about many fighters who do this.... (elias tarzan theodouroourourourouru)

Because they're illegal and he isn't gonna stop till this point is shown to him. It'd serve notice to all other fighters too.

I know his excuse is he's just keeping distance and such, but you can do that very effectively with a closed hand too. Others will start to once one of the biggest offenders is taught the lesson, or once someone else finally learns it.

Dependz on how bad it is. If he keeps that hand straight out & the eye poke makes DC not able to continue... then disqualify dat ass.

Most likely the point deduction... which could change the outcome if the decision is close. There'z no rule against the straight out fingerz... but if the refs start taking points for eye poke "that are caused by those straight out fingerz..." then I guarantee people will start tilting dat hand up.

upload_2016-7-2_9-38-50.pngupload_2016-7-2_9-38-58.png

I was wondering if Big John will be removed from the fight in the next few days?, with all this drama Jones and his team have made about it, I wonder if they will just replace him with a different ref and make Big John do that refs fight. seems like a simple solution
Can't find the link but I read something coming from a member of the NSAC that said the motion filed by Jones and team won't lead to BJM being pulled from the fight.

Would be even better if he took a point or two away from Jones, and DC ends up winning by split decision.
I don't care how it was to happen but if DC does win this thing I just want to see him do the incredulous when Buffer says and new while Dana straps on the belt.

Love or hate Jones, it would pretty much prove that he's the wrong guy to ref the fight. The fighters need to be treated equally and each fight should be refereed individually.
WRONG. It would prove the complete opposite. I'm tired of seeing this guy go full Moe Howard every fight without even a single point deduction. The first time somebody actually takes a point from him maybe he will be more conscious of his efforts.

He was too scared to even take a point from Carvelho in the Bellator title fight for breaking every rule in the book multiple times, no way he would DQ Jones.
That was fucking terrible worst performance I have seen from Big John.

Can't find the link but I read something coming from a member of the NSAC that said the motion filed by Jones and team won't lead to BJM being pulled from the fight.
Ahh thanks JohnyBrabo.. I wonder what the problem is?. It will be a bit awkward on fight night when he is standing in the middle of them haha.

Ahh thanks JohnyBrabo.. I wonder what the problem is?. It will be a bit awkward on fight night when he is standing in the middle of them haha.
The problem is BJM won't let Jones keep his hand out with fingers extended the whole time. Jones and his team know this. Jones complained about the kick Victor threw at him in their fight to Big John but if the shot doesn't land no foul has occurred.

Jones even said that he and BJM didn't have good chemistry good flow. Dude who fuckin cares lol, the man is the ref not some co-worker or friend of yours. Let him do his job and you do yours. Basically it is Jones and his team looking for an edge. They don't want to see a point deduction in what might be a close fight.

Last edited:
After Jones loses a point there won't be another eyepoke.
100%. This is why some ref should have had the balls to take a point away a long time ago. I guarantee whenever he is docked points for that bullshit he will at least think twice before sticking his fingers out again. This could have been stopped a long time ago if these refs had spines.

I would like to see some consistency from referees when it comes to eye pokes and fence grabbing.
Even if that means some fight have to end by DQ.
Just follow the rules with some kind of consistency.

I wonder if it’s tactical… for example: Maybe Jonez & team felt like Big John waz trigger happy for taking a point away for the eye poke… so they make this big controversy about it just before the fight. Now, if Big John doez take that point… they can say it’s BS & John only did it because of their protest.

The protest also gets in Big John’z head too… maybe it makes him less trigger happy to take dat point. I personally want to see the points taken from guyz who fight with fingerz straight out when it results in an eye poke.

I would like to see some consistency from referees when it comes to eye pokes and fence grabbing.

A fence grab that stops a takedown should be an automatic point deduction. No warning. I think that is a no-brainer.

Not a bad idea to standardize it. Like, grab the fence once & you're warned... grab the fence a second time & you lose a point.

The trouble would be in slight glancing grabz that don't effect anything.

Back