Worst mistake in UFC fight

Seems to be more and more a contender in this conversation. I can appreciate that he wanted to do the honorable thing, but he should've taken the belt.
I'm sure being honorable sends some sort of message, but I think removing the repercussion of cheating from a habitual cheater wasn't a great message, especially to Jones who just has more incentive to keep cheating

I don't know if it was the worst ever, but Thiago Alves was dominating Martin Kampmann standing and there was like 50 seconds left in the final round (almost a sure-fire UD win for Thiago secured)....when Alves suddenly goes for a TD and ended up getting submitted.

I don't know if it was the worst ever, but Thiago Alves was dominating Martin Kampmann standing and there was like 50 seconds left in the final round (almost a sure-fire UD win for Thiago secured)....when Alves suddenly goes for a TD and ended up getting submitted.
As a huge Alves fan at the time, that one hurt.

Reactions: mkt
I'm sure being honorable sends some sort of message, but I think removing the repercussion of cheating from a habitual cheater wasn't a great message, especially to Jones who just has more incentive to keep cheating
I wonder if Smith has finally realized that that was his only shot at touching gold.

Penn later beat his ass. They are 1-1.

And he let the guy punch him in the first place.

BJ deserves a lot of sh*t but it's bizarre how this incident is spun against him like he legit lost a fight rather than just being a dumbass.

Reactions: TR1
The answer to this question is weed man throwing that kick against rockhold.

Career changing for weed man, fucked over the mw division with rockhold then losing to bisping who then lost to gsp who then vacated the belt

1 kick completely ruined his career

This is the most idiotic persistent myth in MMA history. Weidman somehow has the best propaganda department in world history.

Weidman was gassed and getting his ass kicked before he tried the kick. People always throw sloppy shit when gassed. And since when is a single back take supposed to be an immediate death sentence for a competent grappler?

He was getting smashed and was going to continue to get smashed regardless of the kick.

And he let the guy punch him in the first place.

BJ deserves a lot of sh*t but it's bizarre how this incident is spun against him like he legit lost a fight rather than just being a dumbass.
I always found it impressive that it took 8 Mai Tais in a Zippy's parking lot to finally crack such a legendary chin.

Saw this on another sight and thought is was interesting. Lot's of critique on fight IQ on Sherdog; lots of tactical errors from fighters over the years. This is indeed one of the biggest. What do you got?

Gastelum shooting on a rocked Adesanya
Ronda fighting Nunes was a mistake

Back