Worst mistake in UFC fight

really ?
honestly i mentioned it in response of the silva vs weidman vid
like.. teh criss done his mistakes too, u know ?
Honestly I'm not sure how my brain works these days... but for some reason, the spinning shit mistake came to my mind first lol

Gotta be Cat Zingano thinking that a running flying knee straight into clinch wrestling was the appropriate move to use against Ronda Rousey, after all the clinch to armbars she had witnessed. Or Randa Markos deciding to jump into the guard of Mackenzie Dern after she slipped.
The Zingano thing was such a slip in judgment -- I felt bad for her after that

Volkov continuing to stand with an always dangerous Black Beast instead of forcing a clinch or getting on his bike is up there. Terry Martin egging Chris Leben on instead of continuing to throw is up there as well.

Big Nog deciding to try submit Mir was an awful decision. Mir was out of it
Iirc nog only went for the sub as the ref started saying he was hitting the back of the head or something on them lines. No excusing but I think nog was like I don't want a questionable one.

Werdum rushing stipe in round 1 with his chin in the air. WTF?
59fece5885f4be31f81d59ac924b0edb.gif
Legit one of the worst decision one can make. I think the pressure to defend the belt and his troll mask campaign mentally overwhelmed him.

Werdum is one of the smartest fighter ever. He said something about the climate in Mexico and heading there weeks earlier to get used to it before fighting Cain. And we saw how that was truly in effect when Cain gassed.

Werdum also lured Fedor into his trap while playing possum. Also feinted a take down on Hunt only to throw a flying knee.

But on that day for his first title defence.. he messed up bad lol

Machida getting over aggressive in the shogun rematch was bad. Rumble wrestling with DC for sure. What else?....Rashad not wrestling at all against jones.

Justine Kish not relieving her bowels before the fight was a bad idea.

Askren going for a takedown against a flying Mas

The guys mentioned are atleast killers. GSP let himself get caught against Serra not once but twice, giving the title to possibly the worst fighter to ever hold it.
Leon Edwards exists

it has to be Andre Soukhamthath and none of the others are even close ,​

he lost to Sean with the lowest fight IQ. Sean already was injured and limping with one leg but Andre tried to take Sean down. after the final bell , Sean wasnt even able to stand.​

this is the dumbest thing ever happened in UFC​

I remember reading that Yan’s corner told him to throw the knee.

I remember reading that Yan’s corner told him to throw the knee.
There's some disagreement about that.

I saw a clip of his corner at the time. From what I remember, there was 2 corners (one of them, the head coach), yelling in English and there were another 2 corners who were yelling in Russian. Now first off, it's just bad practice having multiple voices yelling instruction, let alone how dumb it is to now have it in two languages.

Bit, in English, they very clearly yelled for him not to knee, as the ref also warned Yan not to. Then there was that delay of time, and then one of the Russians yelled something. Some people say the translation was kick, some say it just means hit (Yan was just staring at Sterling, so he could have been trying to tell him to attack, like with punches or elbows).

I don't speak Russian, so I can't confirm either way, but I do know sometimes stuff doesn't have a  direct translation and you kind of just need the tonal meaning, so maybe the people saying it was "kick" or "hit" might both not be wrong

Well there's been a lot of answers already that I agree with but Colby fucked up big time in his last fight. No pressure, gun shy and probably lost Trump the election.

Arlovski leaving his feet for a flying knee with Fedor against the ropes was stupid. Not UFC, but still stupid.

it’s hard to say a fighter made a “mistake” when they’re actually in the fight, making split-second decisions, and dealing with their own limitations (e.g., being hurt or tired). i could only truly call it a mistake if common sense would have prevented it. here’s a short list of recent mistakes that come to mind:

1. it’s a bit counterintuitive given the result of the fight, but leon’s decision to go for a sub on colby in the last round was pretty ill-advised. he gave away around for no reason and spent the remainder of the fight defending sub attempts. leon’s fans may forgive him, but i’m sure leon’s coaches were pissed.

2. on that note, nate’s decision to point and taunt after rocking leon in the final moments of their fight was very ill-advised. it’s always dumb when nate does this, but given the stakes of the fight for leon and the timing of the incident, it really highlights just how bad nate’s decision was.

3. probably the biggest bonehead move was when ion cutelaba pretended to be badly rocked by ankalaev, which prompted the ref to stop the fight. spoiler alert: if you act like you’re about to get knocked unconscious in a fight, the ref will assume you’re about to be knocked unconscious, then step in to save you.

bonus: michel pereira tiring himself out doing capoeira and fancy gymnastics stunts, then losing the fight as a result. i appreciate he does it for entertainment, but that’s still kind of an embarrassing reason to lose.
I was truly wondering if anyone was going to call out Ion. What an idiotic thing to do. Good callout on the Nate one, too.

the whole weidman kicking rockhold thing is so overblown, probably because of rogan, it was a one sided beatdown, rockhold won every rounds and weidman was gased, the chances of weidman winning that if he didn't throw that sloppy kick were slim to none

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back