Woodley Upset He's Not a Draw Like GSP: "I feel like I’ve surpassed Georges"

Who are you a fan of?

• Total voters
Woodley lost to Shields 2 years after GSP beat him.

"beat" him. It was one of the most closely contested fights GSP has ever had only second to Hendricks. Shields is a beast and handful for anyone at any time. #WarSkrappack (plug: I train with at ElNino on 3rd and Cesar Chavez in SF. Great gym, highly encourage anyone in town to visit and if you live out here to train here. You might even get to roll with Gil or Jake, and takedown tuesdays with 2xNCAA National Champ Travis Lee is out of sight).

Back to topic, just answer the question. Who's fought the better overall competition. Or even better, who would win in a fight. I'd argue it's Woodley.

Last edited:
Woodley has not surpassed my dog lay in has basket.

It took years before the masses started calling GSP boring. Woodley has achieved that in 3 fights. So he has surpassed him in that aspect.

I am not imprezed by Tyron's "back up against the cage and try to scare people away with the threat of a big right hand" style of self defense/MMA. At least GSP engaged.

Surpassed, lmao

Gsp away for four years and does a million ppvs.

You have a long way to go woodley.

Not only has he not come close to "surpassing" GSP, I'm not confident he beats most of the top 10. GSP was, hands down, the overwhelming favorite against everyone in the division for the better part of a decade.

GSP's protege Rory beat the ever-loving fuck out of him. Woodley would still be an underdog vs Rory.

Shut up and have some fun fights before talking this bullshit. Go avenge a loss or two.

Funny how Woodley made these kinds of disrespectful remarks about GSP and now he's training with him.

"I've surpassed GSP, but now I'm training with him."

Anyone that thinks Woodley surpassed GSP should be embarrassed and never criticize anyone's opinion on Sherdog ever again.

Anyone that thinks Woodley surpassed GSP should be embarrassed and never criticize anyone's opinion on Sherdog ever again.

Well actually Woodleys achievements are more impressive than GSPs. Woodley has finished alot of the best. He has only lost 1 time really by KO, all the others were decisions wich I consider Draws. GSP can almost only 'win' by decision. Neutralizing shouldnt be rewarded by a Win.

Well actually Woodleys achievements are more impressive than GSPs. Woodley has finished alot of the best. He has only lost 1 time really by KO, all the others were decisions wich I consider Draws. GSP can almost only 'win' by decision. Neutralizing shouldnt be rewarded by a Win.
lol smh

GSP wouldn't have a draw with Wonderboy. He would definitely grapplefuck the shit out of him for 25 minutes. He sure as fuck would also do a lot more to Maia than Woodley did in what has to be top5 worst title fights in UFC history.

Till would be the easiest matchup for Georges and he would violate Till.

All Woodley had to do was beat Shields and he was at most 1 fight away from the title shot against Georges. He just wasn't good enough.

F1C1DE2B-A203-415B-8B83-24BE71253026.gif 114AC230-9507-4094-9023-313202BF76C9.gif 63D7CA12-50D3-4B4C-88B1-EBB47659E868.gif

Back