Wonderboy walks around at 185, Till walks around at 215!?

I'm too lazy to find it but there is plenty of behind the scenes UFC footage of Wonderboy cutting weight. There is exactly zero possibility he 'walks around' at 185lbs.

He's rolling on the floor covered in towels moaning the night before weigh ins. He is a VERY big welterweight and cuts a lot of weight.

He didn't look small even next to Rory. Till will be thicker on fight night but it won't be that big of a deal.

Wonderboy the only fighter in the game who sends guys *UP* a weight class after he tools them. After this weekend Till can join Whittaker at MW.

I like Till, but I kinda hope this happens. 185 needs more top fighters. 170 is deeper and won't miss Till that much.

No...you don’t know what you’re talking about and you look like a fool. Regular training and fight camp are two totally different things. Why do you see virtually every fighter get heavy out of camp? Till is visibly chubby. His face is full, his waist is thick, and his thighs are fat. He also doesn’t weigh 215. 205 max as a chubby out of camp fighter is pretty regular for a welterweight. Fight camp brings his weight down to 190 and he makes a 20 lb water cut and 190 in cage. He’s not a massive welterweight, it’s a false narrative that’s getting tossed around.
he is a huge ww and 190 on fight night at low bodyfat % is massive. he lies about how much he weighs though. for some reason he finds it amusing to lie about his weight gain post weigh ins.

he is a huge ww and 190 on fight night at low bodyfat % is massive. he lies about how much he weighs though. for some reason he finds it amusing to lie about his weight gain post weigh ins.
His body fat isn’t that low. If you look at him on fight night he has relatively high body fat on his legs and carries a bit on his love handles. I’m not pretending he’s small, he’s big, but far from huge/massive/205 etc.

A huge welterweight is someone like Tom breese, Neil Magny, Nate marquart, Brandon thatch, Curtis millender, okami, etc.

We see this narrative every time a tall fighter that makes up numbers cracks the top 15.

I feel Till is being vastly underrated in this fight. Till is too strong and too gritty for a point fighter like Thompson. He's gonna drag Wonderboy into deep waters....
I guess you see what you want to. Most of what I've seen is people adamantly calling Till over Thompson. And it's a fight so they could be right... but based on who they've fought it seems odd to be so sure about Till.

When Till fully hydrates by fight night, he told Helwani last year that he is about 200 pounds. The 190 pounds he weighs is only hours after his cut, and not what he weighs when fully hydrated.

yes he does. Rory walks around over 200 lbs

saw him say it in an interview once too

He got up to 200 for a period of time, but he definitely isn't that big now . Plus thats 6 years ago when he was 22/23, basically the prime muscle building window. He probably realized that extra 10 pounds or so wasn't helping. I would say he is a lean 190.

"The heaviest (I get) is about 195." - Wonderboy

On this topic, what time are the official weigh ins? Not the ceremonial ones, ze legit ones.

Never understood people’s obsession with weights
It comes from so many fighters missing weight.

UFC need to introduce 2-3 extra weight classes and we wouldn't have this issue and there wouldn't be anything to discuss.

It comes from so many fighters missing weight.

UFC need to introduce 2-3 extra weight classes and we wouldn't have this issue and there wouldn't be anything to discuss.
I honestly think there will still be those people trying to be huge for their weight class.

Back